Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It always starts with lockers.

Chapter Eight: The Final Chapter

by insanecousinbenji 6 reviews

Frank wants to get to know his best friend's awkward, basement-dwelling brother.-A Frerard involving Frank and Gerard and delightfully unoriginal highschool frerardiness. The conclusion to my tale!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-07-06 - Updated: 2013-07-07 - 1943 words - Complete

3Funny
The almost- kiss was not mentioned by Gerard at school the next day at all, (though Ray had muttered an apology in the morning for 'ruining your moment) in fact, except for the way Gerard seemed more twitchy around Frank than usual ( which was pretty twitchy) it was almost as if it had never happened.

Frank was confused - did this mean that Gerard just wanted to forget about it? But he had leant in too...
Frank was not going to give up though, oh no, this cute fucker was going to be his whatever it took, he just needed to figure this out though, he didn't want to bring up the subject and scare Gerard away .

After that day of school Frank really wanted to figure Gerard out, so he decides to ask someone who knew about boys. He found his mom in the kitchen.

His mom was sitting in the kitchen reading a magazine article about cactus-growing and absent mindedly stirring a half-empty cup of tea. Frank sat down opposite her at the table (aka the site of the almost kiss) and put on his most serious face.

"Mom,"
She looked up and raised her eyebrows.
He sighed internally before continuing, "tell me about boys".
If she was surprised she didn't show it. "Again?" She asked, "because I thought I covered that with you - girls too."

Ugh, that had been one incredibly awkward yet enlightening conversation.

"No, Not like that. I mean like say I liked someone... And maybe we almost kissed, but then we were interrupted and we've not talked about it and I don't know what to do."
Way to keep it hypothetical Frankie boy...
"Was it Mikey?"
"What? Mom, no! - Mikey's prefers girls and is so not my type."
"Sorry, sorry, so do you think this boy likes you back?"
"I don't know, I think so, maybe? He didn't run screaming and I know he's gay, so..."
"Well maybe you should try talking to him about it, Frankie."
"Yeah, but I don't know what's going on in his head , I don't wanna scare him off."
"Do you have any mutual friends he might have told you could ask about it ,a brother perhaps?..."
His mom was catching on, definitely ( well, if she didn't still think it was mikey).
"Oh, well there is someone I could try texting, thanks mom"
He kissed his mom on the cheek and got out his cellphone, scrolling through his contacts as he walked to his room.
"Any time, honey" she called.

*

Frank sent the message: Hey Mikey can I ask you about something?
A few minutes later Frank's phone rang. Mikey.
He answered it and before he could say a word the voice on the other end spoke.

"Let me guess - you got close to my brother and almost kissed him but were interrupted by an idiot with a small bush on his head, Gerard ran off and you've not spoken to him since about it, but you don't want to because you think you've freaked him out so now you're calling me to ask about it."

He said this all in one breath and Frank was suitably impressed.
"Whoa, You know?"
"Trust me, Frank, I know more than I could ever wish. "
"Did Gerard tell you?"
"That and the fact that you are both predictable idiots, yes."
Frank didn't think he was predictable or an idiot, but as he was himself he was probably biased.
"Well...?" Ok, Frank was really winning the teenage-girl points today.
"Well what?"
"Do you think he likes me?..."
Mikey groaned.
"Ok Frank, I will spell it out for you loud and clear: Gerard. Likes. You."
"How do you know?"
"Trust me Frank, I just know. Now go tell him you like him but don't say I told you he likes you because he is a teenage girl and will get pissy at me."
"So... I should call him?"
"Text. He doesn't like talking on the phone. And for God's sake Frank, make it clear that you like him, he needs a lot of reassurance."
"Ok, so like.. Now?"
"Yes, Frank, now please go text him and stop troubling me with your love life." Mikey replied muttering "I get enough of that at home as it is..."
Whatever.
"Ok, love you Mikeyway!"
"Save that for my brother."
"Bye asshole!"
"Bye stupid"

Frank hung up, Mikey was the best.
Now, to text Gerard.

Frank had had Gerard's number for years without using it, and although he knew Gerard hadn't even changed his phone since, he was worried: What if it didn't work; what if it did work?"

He decided to start small, typing out 'Hey Gerard, it's Frank' Should he add kisses? Or were they too forward and - no come on, he was not worrying about this, he was not a teenage girl. He sent the message as it was.

Two minutes and thirty-eight seconds later he got a reply, not that he was counting or anything, that would be weird. He clicked on view message.

Gerard: Hi Frank.

He wasn’t sure exactly what he was expecting, but it was a good starting point. He tapped out ‘Can I explain to you about the other day?, cutting straight to the chase and pressing send before the butterflies swirling in his stomach mutinied and made him change his mind.
Fifty-two seconds later the screen lit up again.

Gerard: Ok…
Frank: I hope I didn’t freak you out the other day by getting so close, maybe I should have spoken to you first, but I really wanted to kiss you xo
Sent!
Three minutes later.
Gerard: It’s ok.

Ok? Was the guy not getting it; Frank was trying to put his heart out on the line here, tell Gerard how he felt. Frank shook his head, trying to rid himself of the niggling doubts.

Frank: I like you Gerard xo
Gerard: I like you too, Frankie :)

Ok what was that supposed to mean? - Frank sighed as he decided to go full-on teen girl.

Frank: No, I mean like I really LIKE YOU Gerard, like I wanted to kiss you the other day because I like you xo

Gerard: You LIKE-like me, Really? Why?...

Ok maybe they were both teenage girls.

Frank: I LIKE like you, like I wanna hug you and kiss you and have dates with you, you’re amazing, Gee xo.

No reply.

Frank was worried, maybe Mikey had been wrong; maybe Gerard didn’t like him. He went downstairs and put on a sitcom trying to stop checking his phone every 30 seconds.
Fifteen minutes went by.
It was raining hard outside; maybe it was preventing cell phone signals getting to his phone.

Twenty more minutes had gone by when Frank’s phone buzzed and lit up. He lunged across the sofa for it, scrabbling to see the message. ‘New message from Mikey’. Damn it, wrong Way. He opened the message nevertheless.

Mikey: If my brother turns up at your door with a packet of dates, he’s trying to ask you out via date-related pun.

What the actual fuck? Frank was considering typing that to Mikey when there was a knock at the door. Could it be? He ran to the door hoping it wasn’t just the pizza delivery man (especially since he hadn’t ordered a pizza).

It was Gerard, standing on Frank’s doorstep in the pouring rain wearing a hopeful smile and clutching a packet of dates. Frank grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. How was it that he found this guy so impossibly attractive?

“Um,” Gerard started. “So Frank, you said you like me and well, I like you too, and you said you’d like to have dates with me so I thought…” He gestured with the dates. “And like it’s ok if you don’t want to because it would be wrong for me to pressure you, or if you were just messing with me for a joke… so, what I’m trying to say is that,” He took a deep breath, “I really like you and have for a long time, Frank”.

He did like him back! Frank’s mind turned into a mariachi band.
Oh – he needed to reply to Gerard, who was looking at the floor.

Frank stepped forward to him cupping his jaw to tilt it up and look him in the eyes, which admittedly wasn’t much due to their height differences.
“Gerard”, he started, “You’re beautiful; the most gorgeous guy I know. You’re funny, kind, intelligent, talented, adorable, have great taste in music – I could go on. This is no joke: I would love to go out with you sometime – not to eat those dates though, they’re fucking gross, man – but pun appreciated.”

“I’d like that, Frankie.” Gerard smiled.

Frank looked into Gerard’s eyes. There were droplets of rainwater clinging to his eyelashes. He had just walked through a rainstorm in order to ask Frank out via pun. Frank had to kiss him.

So he did.

He reached up, throwing his arms around Gerard’s neck to pull them together, as Gerard hesitantly rested his hands on Frank’s waist.
“I’m gonna kiss you now,” Said Frank, in case it wasn’t clear enough, before bringing their mouths together.

There were no fireworks as such, just electricity and rainwater – which was an altogether more exciting cocktail. And Gerard spit, quite a bit of Gerard spit, and Frank spit too. His lips were cool and very soft on Frank’s, Frank wondered if he used a lot of chapstick because his lips tasted vaguely of raspberry, before realising now was not the time to ask and kissing back harder; running his hands through Gerard’s soaking black hair. He relished the feeling of kissing Gerard; it was intoxicating yet sober, cool yet oh so hot, it was perfection if Frank had ever used the word.

They only broke apart minutes later when they heard Frank’s mother entering the hallway. She glanced at their swollen lips and merely raised an eyebrow before cooing over Gerard’s soggy state.
“Frank, honey, lend Gerard some clothes and fetch my hairdryer right this instance, the poor boy will catch his death of cold.” So Frank did.

And Gerard stayed for dinner, holding Frank’s hand under the table the whole time and his mom barely made it awkward at all. And when Gerard left Frank wasn’t sad, because there would be more Gerard tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that – with the promise of more kissing and dates and bad puns and awkwardness and who knows what other great things to come.


A/N
Hello old friend, and here we are. You and me, on the last page.

Seriously though, I cannot believe this is the last chapter of the first fanfiction I have ever completed, I'm slightly sad to let it go but I think it's reached its conclusion now. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has ever rated and reviewed!(Especially the people who have let me know what they thought of almost every single chapter! - You know who you are , and the person who wrote the brilliant tale of bathroom laughter) And thank you everyone who has read the story! :D I've finished this one but it probably won't be the last you see of me because I have so many ideas trying to escape. As always please Rate and Review because your feedback makes my day! ^_^ Thanks for reading and goodbye for now!
Sign up to rate and review this story