Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 5 How Was I Supposed To Know?

by Reign_Madden 0 reviews

Who knew messing around with Joel could make him so mad.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-08-04 - Updated: 2006-08-04 - 687 words

0Unrated
It had been a three weeks since you saved Sarah from the two girls, who you later found out were called Christina (the blonde) and Anna (the other one).
You've seen them around a couple of times, Christina's always wearing sunglasses to cover the black eye that you gave her. You've been hanging around with Benji and Joel mostly at lunch. They introduced you to Billy Martin and Paul Thomas. The more time you spend with them the more you like them.

It's Thursday afternoon and lunch just started. You walk over to your usual bench where the guys are waiting for you.
'So how was the math pop quiz?' you ask stopping in front of the bench.
'I got a D-, Benji and Paul surprisingly got D's and Billy the genius got a C-' Joel informs you.
'Wow those aren't so bad' you say placing your bag on the floor next to the bench.
'soooooooo?' Paul says looking at you 'What did you get?'
'I got a C' you say with a smile. That's a big achievement for you as you suck at math.
There's a collective 'oohhhhhhh' from the guys.
'Stop it you jerks, I'm not that smart' you say slapping Joel on the head as he was closest.
'ooh girl you better run' he warns starting to get up. You hold your hands out in front of you and take a few steps back.
'Now just wait one second Joel, that's this many by the way' you say holding up your middle finger.
Joel gets up and you leg it. You can hear the guys laughing as Joel catches you and tackles you to the floor. He starts tickling you as you roll around the grass. He pins you down 'Say I'm is the smartest guy in the world' he says pinning your hands behind your head.
'No way' you say giggling.
'Fine have it your way' he pins both your hands with arm and tickles you with the other
'okay_I'll_say_it' you squeal through giggles. 'Joel is the smartest guy in the world. Now let me up' you demand.
He gets off of you and is kneeling in front of you when you quickly push yourself on top of him, straddling his hips and pinning his arms behind his head.
'Ha ha I rock' you announce triumphantly as he struggles beneath you.
'You are freakishly strong, you know that right?' he says struggling beneath you.
'Nope Joel your just weak' you retort laughing.
'Hey I could get used to this.' he say relaxing with a dirty grin on his face.
'In your dreams Mr Combs.'you reply. You watch his smile vanish and his eyes darken.
'Its Madden actually' he says using his strength and pushing you off. You both stand up and walk back to the others in silence.
'Joel she kicked your ass dude, you should feel embarrassed' Benji teases when we got back to the bench.
'Shut up Benji' Joel retorts coldly.
'Hey' Benji says holding his hands in front of him 'I was just kidding.'
Just then the bell went you all began walking to your next class when Billy pulls you back.
'What happened why is Joel so pissed?' he asks
'I don't know, we were messing around and I said 'in your dreams Mr Combs' and then he pushed me and got all pissed off.' you explain quickly.
'oohhhh' Billy said as if he just struck gold. 'Benji and Joel hate to be called Combs, they prefer Madden, after their Mum. Their Dad left Christmas Eve a year ago.'
'Oh crap I had no idea, he must think I'm such a bitch.' you say sadly. Billy drapes his arm across your shoulders and walks you to class.
'Don't worry about it how were you supposed to know? We've only known you a couple of weeks.'
'I guess' you say miserably approaching your english class.
'Look he'll get over it eventually and you two can continue mucking around like you always do.' He smiles before walking off. You sigh heavily and slowly enter your english class.
Sign up to rate and review this story