Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Run away with me...

Chapter 5&6

by magicallikeunicorns 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-07-09 - 1756 words - Complete

1Exciting
Chapter five

I remember the doctor walking towards us slow and sorrowful; with an expression on his face that practically screamed “I’m sorry.” I hadn’t listened to what he had said, why it happened. I had no words, no motions. And I wasn’t surprised. I had felt it. I felt it as his soul had slipped away. I could hear his last words that he spoke to me go through my head. “I’m okay, trust me.” He had screamed that at me through the pain when he was being wheeled away from me, further and further until he was out of reach. The sirens were turned on, and I lost sight of him. Since then he had been in a hospital bed, just lying there, fragile, helpless, deathlike. But I had felt those words again. Those fateful, bloody words. “I’m okay, trust me.” But this time it was just a whisper; a happy gentle whisper as he drifted away from me. And as the doctor walked away from us, leaving us to contemplate what he had told us, the church tolled five ‘o’ clock.

My poor, baby brother.

I knelt at his grave, tracing my fingers over the engravings, wanting him back, needing him back. I missed him so much.

Mikey Way
The loving brother and son passed away on,
April 9th, 2011
He’s painless now.

I looked at the little photo frame next to the mound of earth. It had one of my drawings in: a unicorn. Mikey used to have it on his bedside table and he used to love it. I loved it too, because it had made him so happy when I had given it to him. If life ain’t just a joke, then why am I dead? It belonged to him, and I had snuck back to his grave later on, placing it hidden behind the flowers that I keep fresh.

I hope you are painless now Mikey, because you were in such pain before.

Cancer’s a bitch.

‘I wrote a song for you Mikey,’ I spoke to him. ‘But I can’t play it. I’m sorry. I just can’t. I love you Mikey Way. I’ll always love you.’ A cold breeze passed through, and I imagined that Mikey was standing behind me, his spirit watching over me. I needed that. Mikey was my best friend, my only friend. He was perfect. I hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright scene. Tears stung my eyes and I felt a pattering of rain fall onto my outstretched hand. I sighed and dragged myself away from him. Going back the way I came, the rain got heavier and heavier, and within minutes I was soaked through. I looked up and saw the black edge of the gate, warning me that what’s in here, stays here. Then, passing under them, I felt the last drop of Mikey go. I really hate those gates.

Chapter six

When I got to school the next day I saw a familiar figure standing by the wall. I walked over, trying to keep my pace normal, wanting to see if my memory had given Frankie the justice his face needed. When I got nearer I slowed down. I got my answer. No. Just then he looked up and smiled widely at me.
‘Gee! You’re here!’ He shouted at me, giving me a big hug.
‘Um, yeah? Where else would I be?’ He stuck his tongue out at me.
‘Hey, do you feel like school today?’ He asked me, all innocent looking. I tried to give him a look that said “you dumb boy?” but he just laughed. ‘Well, my delightful parents are officially out for the day and night, and aren’t back until midday tomorrow, earliest.’ He had a playful look about him. ‘You know what that means?’ He practically squealed at me. ‘SLEEPOVER! And you know how all the best sleepovers start?! With a whole day to relax and prepare for the all-nighter! And you know where the worse place to relax is?! School! Now tell me, do you really feel the need to learn?!’ He didn’t wait for me to answer but just dragged me out of school gates by my hand. Oh my, his touch! It sent electric through my body, making me gasp quietly. I thought that Frankie felt the same thing because he blushed ever so slightly, but quickly turned his head away from me. Once we got round the corner of the road and stopped he didn’t let go of my hand.
‘Right. Step one: get your stuff and bring them to my house.’ He said, all serious. I nodded, trying to not burst out in laughter.
‘Right.’ I agreed with him. ‘This way!’

I didn’t let go of his hand either.

My house wasn’t too far away, and while walking there Frankie and I chatted, sometimes (totally not on accident!) we bumped into each other, giggling like little kids.
‘You know, Gee, I have a keyboard at home! We should practice the song - The Black Parade! You need to teach me the lyrics, you know!’ He sounded so excited, bless, but he didn’t seem that he was younger than me.
‘YES! We so should. And I can teach you some of my other songs if I just get the folder from my house!
‘Lucky that’s the way that we’re heading the, isn’t it.’ He said, and then he winked at me. I quickly looked away, thinking that if he could see me with those big, brown pools then he would figure out just what I was thinking.

And right then I was thinking God Frankie, you look so hot twisting your piercing like that.

Once, when walking down a curb, Frankie pretended to trip and he let go of my hand. But, pretending to catch himself, he looped his arm around my waist. It was perfection.

We got to my house in no time, and I let myself in with the hidden key. Biting my lip, thankful that the pain had lessened, I invited him in. The house still felt like a stranger to me, even though I had been living in it for about a year and a half now. Frankie walked over to a picture frame and pointed at two adults.
‘Cool, are these your parents?’ He asked, innocently.
‘Umm, not really. They’re my foster parents. I don’t know who my Dad is and my Mum left a couple of years back...’ He didn’t need to know why.
‘Oh, sorry.’ He said and I shrugged.
‘Don’t worry, they’re old family friends that took me in, they were practically parents to me anyway, even with my mum around.’ I choked a bit on the last word and Frankie looked at me with an inquisitive eyebrow raised. I pretended not to notice and led him to up the stairs and into my room. I was very grateful that I had to keep it tidy; that could have been embarrassing! Frankie launched himself onto my bed and lay down, the top of his shirt raised just a bit. I gulped silently and grabbed a bag, stuffing clothes, movies, eyeliner, my sketch pad and music folder in it.
‘What else do I need...?’ I spoke to myself. Then, next to Frankie, I noticed my book. Intending to grab it I strolled over, but before I could pick it up my arm was caught up. Frankie pulled me down onto the bed with him.
‘We don’t have to rush, do we?’ he said, and I could feel his hot breath blow over my ear. I laughed a bit nervously. I mean, Frankie and I had only known each other for two days, yet, as soon as I saw him I knew he was an angel. I rearranged myself so that Frankie was leaning on my chest and my chin was resting on the top of his head. But then I thought no! I couldn’t do this with Frankie, my one and only friend! We didn’t even know each other that well! I edged away, ignoring my own sigh of discontent. Leaving Frankie on the bed I shoved the book into my bag. Then, going to the bathroom I got my toothbrush and pyjamas, only stopping to look at myself in the mirror. Those serious eyes, the black hair, taking it all in. No, I couldn’t do anything with Frankie, I mean, why would he even want to?

Back in my bedroom I found Frankie looking through all my stuff and I leaned on the door way, just watching him. He hadn’t realised I was there, as when he looked my way he jumped, but then started laughing.
‘Jeez, Gee, you can’t just creep up on someone like that!’ He said in between laughs. ‘You’ll scare me to death!’
‘Sorry! I thought you had noticed me...obviously I was wrong...’ And then I broke into laughter, joining him.
‘Oh god Gee, you’ll be the death of me! Is this everything?’ He looked doubtfully at my small bag of things but I nodded the affirmative. ‘Okay then...’ he said, still sounding hesitant. I took his arm and led him out of my bedroom, only stopping to grab a £20 out of my wallet.
‘Good!’ I said to him. ‘Ready?’
‘It’s your house dude...’ But he walked straight out.

Frankie took me to his house, and even though I had promised myself that I wouldn’t do anything with him, once more I found his arm linked around me.

Once we reached his house he told me to just dump my bag in his room. He followed me up and sat down on his sofa, lounged full out. Before I know it, I was staring at him again.
‘Hey, can I draw you?’ I asked him out of the blue. But when he was just sitting there, looking so goddamned perfect, I just had to ask.
‘Sure, whatever...’ he said. ‘Pencils on the desk over there.’ He pointed to his right and I got up. His desk was full of an arrangement of things, from CDs to drawings to what looked like collectible mini rubbers. I grabbed a sharp pencil and got my sketch pad from my bag. I sat down on the floor and began to draw an angel.
Sign up to rate and review this story