Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 7 The Aftermath

by Reign_Madden 2 reviews

Please read and review, I want your feed back damn it. lol

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-08-04 - Updated: 2006-08-04 - 859 words

0Unrated
Normal p.o.v

It's around 8.30 in the evening, you just finished your history paper and start to relax. You glance out the window into the dark night and hear the rain pounding against it. You stand up and stretch as you walk over to your chest of draws and pull out a vest top and shorts.
You're about to go and run a bath when you hear a knock at your window.
'What the hell?' you say out loud. You draw back your curtains to find Joel standing there on your tiny balcony (its more like a ledge).
'Joel?' you say surprised, before you realise your pissed at him.
'What do you want?' you ask coldly.
'Can I come in?' he asked with a small smile.
'No actually you can't.' you reply.
'Look I know you're really pissed at me, but if you just let me in I'll explain everything.' he pleads
'You can explain it out there' you reply harshly.
'C'mon Reign, don't be like that, please I'll make it quick.' He smiles as you open the window and step aside allowing him in. You close the window and walk past him to your chest of draws and take out a towel. You throw it to him and sit cross-legged on your bed.
You watch him take off his jacket and run the towel through his wet hair. He hangs the jacket on the radiator and dries his face and arms.
'Well.' you say breaking the silence.
'Well first I wanna say I'm really sorry for talking to you like I did earlier...'
'Joel it's okak.' you say not looking at him.
'Reign let me finish. It's not okay to talk to you like that. I shouldn't have taken all that anger out on you especially since you had no idea what was going on. Its just I haven't dealt with it properly and so I snapped at you.' He takes a breath and you could see he's shaking.
'I wanna talk about what happened that night but I don't know how. I don't know where to start and I don't know who to talk about it with. I'm just confused, angry and a most recently a horrible person.'he says looking at you sadly.
You get up off the bed and walk over to Joel. You pull him into a hug and he buries his face in your neck.
'I'm really sorry Reign.' he whispers in your ear.
'shhhh forget about it, I know what it feels like to be angry and confused.' You pull apart and you can see the pain in his eyes and it breaks your heart.
'Look Joel I want you to know if you ever wanna talk about it, my doo...window is always open.' you say laughing.
You walk over to your closet and pull out the biggest t-shirt that you own.
'Here put this on before you catch your death.' you say handing him the t-shirt.
'Err Reign, it's pink. Don't you have a different one?.' he asks looking at the top with distaste. You can feel the tension leaving the atmosphere.
'Nope sorry, that was when I was chubby and going through my pink phase.'
'Chubby my ass, you were fat' he says holding up the t-shirts and laughing.
'It was baby fat okay, look take it or leave it Joel.' you say finally.
'Okay I'll take it' he says laughing 'but if you ever tell anyone about this I'll kick your butt, I mean it.'
'I won't tell a soul' you say tracing a cross over your heart with your fingers.

You watch him pull off his wet t-shirt and towel dry his stomach and chest. You watch the droplets run down his side onto his jeans.
'Earth to Reign' he shouts snapping you out of daze.
'Yes?' you say hurriedly
'Do you have any pants from your "chubby" phase?' he asks doing the air quotes.
'I don't know check in my closet. I'm gonna put your stuff in the dryer. I'll be right back.' You scoop up his jacket and t-shirt and make for the door.
'Wait, take these too.' Joel says dropping his pants.
'What the hell?' you say turning around quickly.
'They're wet I don't wanna wear them wet.'he states.
'Did you find something to wear, or are you gonna walk around my room in your boxers?'you ask.
'Nope I didn't find any trousers but I found a large towel, I can wrap it around my waist till my clothes dry.'
He picks up the pants and throws them at you. You run downstairs to the utility room and shove the clothes in the dryer and turn it up to the max temperature.

When you get back to your room Joel is sitting on your bed dressed (if you can call it that).
'Reign I wanna talk now, if that' okay.' he says as you sit down next to him.
'I'm listening, just think of me as the pages in your diary.' you say smiling.

'I don't wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about you.' He replies turning to face you.
Sign up to rate and review this story