Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Undesirables

th Chapter

by Hostile_Halo 3 reviews

partner up to create an original musical piece that must be at least two minutes long and must have an equal balance of both instruments

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-07-18 - 1415 words

1Ambiance


Hello, My most lovely readers. I am updating this at 5:18 am (although I started writing closer to three) just for you and also because who needs sleep? Anyway I would very mush enjoy rates and/or reviews from anyone willing. They mean a great deal to me. On another note if any of you are reading my other story Mistaken I've also updated it, yay. "A Magical Mistaken Link Appeared":http://ficwad.com/story/196573

Well, enjoy this notoriously late update ^_^

xox
HHalo




Ch.11

The Misfits blasted through Mikey's alarm clock radio at exactly 8:00am. Mikey jumped out of his bed in panic before hitting the alarm off.

“Maybe you wouldn’t freak out so much if you turned the volume down”
Mikey looked across his room to see his brother’s head sticking through his door.

"If I turn it down I wouldn’t wake up” he responded.

“Whatever you say. I made coffee and we have to leave in” He looked at the imaginary watch on his wrist, “Ten minutes”.

Mikey rolled his eyes and shuffled over to his dresser. He threw on a stripped t-shirt, his favorite, most worn out pair of skinnies and laced up his red high-top converse. It was just another day, nothing special. Last night might as well have never happened as far as Mikey was concerned because he wasn’t planning on even thinking about thinking about it. Downstairs Mikey poured his coffee in a paper cup just as Gerard was yelling for them to leave so he could take it to go. It was a surprisingly frigid morning that reminded the two Ways that fall really was here and Mikey was glad to have a brother to drive him for another year. He would have to save up a lot faster if he wanted a car by next year. On the car ride to school the only noise was the music from Gerard’s iPod he had hooked up to the car. Mikey could tell by the way Gerard was continuously looking over at him that he wanted to talk to him about something, but clearly couldn’t find the words. Mikey just assumed it was about his nightmare the previous evening so he had no desire to ask. As Gerard pulled into the parking place at school he cut the ignition, but didn’t open his door.

Mikey looked at his brother and thought, Great here it is.

It’s just some meaningless dream. Why the hell are you so scared by it?

I’m not, I just don’t want to think about it

If there’s anything you should be scared about it’s the fag fantasy you had about Frank and you in sixth grade.

That was not—You know what? I’m not discussing this with you.

“Mikes?” Gerard asked grabbing back Mikey’s attention.

“Look Gerard I really don’t want to talk about this”.

“Well you are so get over it”. Gerard made his point sternly.

“We’re going to be late to class”. Mikey tried and failed to convince him.

Gerard fished around in his pocket then pulled his hand out clamped together. Mikey raised his
eyebrow in confusion just as Gerard opened his palm revealing two red pills, “I noticed you didn’t take these again this morning”

Mikey gave his brother a surprised look, “My pills? That’s what this is about?

“You need to be taking them”.

“Oh do I really?” Mikey rolled his eyes, “Nothing’s going to happen if I miss a day or two”.

Gerard narrowed his eyes, “Mikey, you have got to take these. It’s for your own good.”

“Being dosed up doesn’t feel like it’s "for my own good." Especially the nausea that comes with it.”

This time Gerard was the one to roll his eyes, “You stopped getting nauseous after the first few
weeks. Besides you knew what the side effects of the lithium could be going into this.”

“Yeah, right there were only a few possibilities if I recall correctly: nausea, eye pain and vision problems, fainting, hallucinations, seizure, fever , uneven heartbeats, drowsiness, muscle weakness ,lack of coordination, and/or a mild tremor of the hands. Plus, I do believe Mom’s who agreed to this not me.”

“And you got away with only nausea, besides she just wants the best for you, like I do.” Gerard shoved the pills into Mikey’s hands, “Take them.”

Mikey took turns between glaring down at the pills in is hand and Gerard, “I just know why you make such a big deal about this! I’m fine!”

“Lately, it really doesn’t seem like it. Mikes I want you to be okay. I don’t want to hurt yourself”.

“Is that what this is all about? Gee it’s been so long—.”

“Which is why I want you to take these. So you stay safe.”

Mikey took a deep breath then swallowed his pride which was shortly followed by his pills,

“Happy?” He asked opening his mouth so Gerard could tell he had really taken them.

“I will be when you are”. Gerard answered opening his door, “Come on, we really are going to be late t class now”.

Mikey followed Gerard outside and into the school building.


*


“Okay class” Mr.Conor clapped his hands together to get the attention of his music class, “ As you all know being able to really understand music is one of the goals you're to get out of this class. And as important it is to be able play music and read music, for one to really understand I believe that you must also be able to write music. So, what we’re going to do today is partner up to create an original musical piece that must be at least two minutes long and must have an equal balance of both instruments. Lyrics are optional, but certainly not required. You will present the songs to the class on Monday. That gives you all of today, tomorrow and the whole weekend to come up with these songs, so I don’t want any excuses on Monday, understand me?”

The class chorused various forms of “Yes” to their teacher

“Great. You can partner up and get started now”.

The room turned into a frenzy of moving bodies as the students began partnering up with each other heavily, if not only, based on their friendships or crushes. Mikey stole a glance towards Frank who was sitting isolated away from the rest of the class strumming his guitar softly. Mikey felt, well he felt like a complete asshole. He had been completely rude to Frank the night before when he really hadn’t done anything, but get with a guy he liked. Being the new kid was hard enough without having a friend turning on you. Mikey stood up from his chair while swinging his bass behind his back. He walked over to Frank who looked up at the sound of Mikey’s approaching footsteps.

“Hi”. Frank greeted cautiously.

“Hey”, Mikey gestured to the empty chair next to Frank, “Can I sit?”

“Sure”, Frank answered.

“So, what would you say about us being partners?” Mikey asked.

Frank smirked, “I’d say I didn’t know you rolled that way”.

Mikey’s face flushed up beet red, “You little pervert, you know what I meant”.

Frank grinned widely holding back his laughter, “I’d think that would be okay”.

“Great” Mikey said, then, “Oh and Frank I’m sorry about last night, I was still in shock, and—”

Frank held up his hands, “Just forget about it, we’re cool.”

Mikey smiled, “Alrght, cool.”

“Yeah and hey, Gerard and I were going to go out tomorrow night why don’t we double with you and
Megan instead then we can work on the song after”.

“Sure sounds good, I’ll run it by her”.

“Awesome.” Frank grinned.

“Okay.” Mikey said positioning his bass in his hands, “Let’s get started.”

“Hell yeah, we’re going to rock this mother—.”

“Frank Iero! Do not even think of finishing the end of the sentence in my classroom”. Mr. Conor appeared out of nowhere.

Right Sorry, Conor”.

“Mr.Conor” Their teacher corrected, “Now, let’s get working shall we boys?” He said before
turning to walk away.

When he was out of earshot Frank leaned closer to Mikey and whispered, “Motherfucker. We are so going to rock this motherfucker”.
Sign up to rate and review this story