Categories > Original > Poetry

Never Enough.

by JustAGhost 1 review

I am nothing.

Category: Poetry - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2013-07-28 - 442 words

0Unrated
I look at you and this is what I think:
The creative one. Your talented in the fields of writing in a way I could never be. Stories that have made me think, laugh and cry. Your words do that to me. For two years of art lessons together, I tried to persuade you that the sketches and paintings you produced were beautiful and you never believed me. Your imagination is genius, oh what I would do with your brilliant mind if I had it for a day.

I look at you and this is what I think:
The musical one. Although on countless occasions we clash on musicians I know that you will become a successful one yourself. The talent you display with many instruments causes me to become green with envy. One day I know I will be able to hear the songs you have written on the radio and smile to myself knowing I have watched you become that person.

I look at you and this is what I think:
The beautiful one. The tall and slim figure that I have always craved, lies with you. For as long as I've known you I've wanted to be half as pretty as you are. Your strange eyes that seem almost orange taunt me with their beauty. Your forever being dyed multiple colours fascinates me in how it seems perfect all the time no matter what. Beautiful inside and out you are.

I look at you and this is what I think:
The perfect one: I've known you a long time and have loved you like a sister since the very first day. Your mind stuns everyone as we know that your brain will take you anywhere you desire to be. You have made people fall in love with you through many things; your brain, your dancing, your art work and your romantic side. Since we were 12 we planned our future weddings and families. I know that you will get your perfect life.

I look in a mirror and this is what I think:
The useless one. I am not a creative genius who can create masterpieces on the spot. I am not a musical wonder with the ability to turn my hand to any instrument. I am not a glorious human whose looks dazzle those around me. I am not a perfect person whose life has been planned out perfectly to be successful and happy. I am none of those things.

I will never be artistic enough.
I will never be talented enough.
I will never be beautiful enough.
I will never be good enough.
I will never be enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story