Categories > Original > Romance > Baker Girl

Chapter One

by lalatherapist16 1 review

Everyone was in black. I was in white.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-31 - 383 words

0Unrated
I sat alone on the hard bench, nobody to cling to. It seemed the whole town was here.

To help send my mom off. I bit the inside of my cheek hard, tasting blood. But I didn't cry.

I can't. So, instead, I smoothed out my white dress over my knees and looked anywhere but the coffin.

"Quite the statement." I looked up. My uncle and aunt stood there, eyes dry, all in black.

"What do you want?" I stood up, clenching my fists. My uncle stepped back, knowing full well that I would hit him.

"To send of my sister." He said, lifting his chin to look down his nose at me.

"You two hated each other. I know what you two really came for." I grit my teeth together. "And it's not ever going to happen. The bakery is mine."

My aunt through marriage reached out as if to slap me, but when I didn't flinch, she lowered her hand. "Elizabeth, you're not in the right mindset. It's okay, I know you don't mean this."

Without my telling it to, my hand shot out and grabbed her by the frills of her black neckline, pulling her close. She gasped and pulled back against my hold. "I suggest you leave. Now. Before I make this plastic surgery session necessary." I snared.

I let her go and she fell back onto the ground. My uncle helped her up as I sat back down. They all but ran out of the church.

Finally, I looked at mom. She was pale, her thick silver hair curled around her face. But, I didn't see her as dead.

I saw her leaning up on her elbow, laughing at her frightened little brother. I blinked, and she was gone. "I love you mom." I whispered before I finally broke down into tear.







Boom! Chapter one and I set up some drama already! Anywho, it's EXTREMELY late and I should be asleep. But I'm not, cause I'm stupid.

Oh! Here's my DA http://matesprite18.deviantart.com/

Check it out! I know you guys know I do pictures and crap, and some of them are up on there for your eye violating pleasure.

But, as long as you're here, R+R and all that fun stuff.

Hugs and Buckets,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story