Categories > Original > Drama

Just A Little Hope

by JustAGhost 1 review

Old oneshot from ages ago.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2013-08-04 - Updated: 2013-08-04 - 661 words

0Unrated
You wake up in the middle of the night and find yourself staring at a black wispy shadow, floating in the center of your bedroom. Although it seems to be nothing more than a great black orb, you hear it speak to you in a whisper of a voice. It tells you that it can make you and everyone else happy again. It tells you that it will let you leave behind all the misery you have ever felt in life and finally have peace. It asks you to follow it so it can give you this happiness and you say yes.

As the shadow begins to hover out of your room you hesitate to get out of bed as you are unsure of this is a good idea. But its shape grows larger and makes you believe it at last. You take slow steps behind it as together you climb down the stairs. Once at the front door you open it slowly but don’t walk out yet.

Looking over your shoulder you can’t help but wonder if you should leave your loved ones behind but once again the blackness convinces you that it is best. The best thing for your loved ones is to leave them behind and they will be better off. So you take your first step outside and follow it, occasionally looking back on your house.

The darkness wanders into an empty forest and slows down to a halt somewhere in the centre. You ask how you can achieve happiness by standing alone in a forest and it swiftly jerks up to a tree where a thick rope tied in a noose hangs from a branch. At first your mind races as to how you could have been brought here but once again the shadow assures you that this is your escape from misery.

You begin to walk over to the tree from which the rope hangs when a sudden burst of light appears from behind you. The strength of the light causes the shadow to shrink back in fear, rushing away through the trees. The great orb of light whispers to you in a voice much more soothing than the raspy one of the black smoke you spoke to earlier. It tells you that the shadow is wrong. Although it tells you it has the only way to find peace it is wrong. It reminds you of all the plans you had for the future. How could you achieve them this way? It reminds you of all the things you wanted to do. How could you if you listened to the shadow? It reminds you of your loved ones and how many memories they have of you. How could they live knowing that you had left them behind so tragically?

The light floats close to you before climbing into your chest. The coldness you felt before disappears and you are left with sudden warmth spreading through out your entire body. The voice of the light can still be heard in your mind and tells you to go back and never look at the shadow again. Hope is what you feel in your heart. Hope that things will get better. Hope that things will change

After the journey under the night sky back to your home you lay down in your bed once more. With your head on the pillow you notice the black shadow in your room once more, calling out to you. But you simply smile and say that you will leave behind your misery in a better way. By forgetting it and remembering how precious life truly is. You told it you will become happy without it. You will become happy because you have hope.

A/N I was looking through my old files and found some old oneshots from my old account. This being one of them. I don't know I might upload some other ones later if you guys like.
Sign up to rate and review this story