Categories > Original > Romance

Friends are Found in Funny Places

by petewentzlover69 0 reviews

Title and rating will most likely change as the story progresses. Ever Belle, clumsy actress, meets a new friend under strange circumstances. Over the course of their friendship, she discovers n...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2013-08-11 - 1776 words

0Unrated
Today sucks already. Ever thought to herself and rolled her eyes as she walked into Coffee Bean for her morning tea. I woke up late, couldn't find my script, spilled my breakfast all over Gal-smack Ever, distracted by her thoughts, found herself bumping into someone and now had coffee dripping down her chest and soaking her brand new BCBG Cardigan.

“I am so sorry!” Ever blurted out while backing away from the person she ran into. “I am such a klutz. Honestly, I have no idea how survive in society with how clumsy I am.” She began to wipe the coffee off of her skin as she glanced upward to view the person who’s day she may have ruined. FUCK! Really!? I can’t just fuck up my day, no. Now I had to go and ruin Nick Carter’s???

“No everything is fine, don’t worry about it.” Nick responded before grabbing some napkins off of a nearby table and handing them to Ever. “Unfortunately, it looks as if you got the short end of the stick. I’m only out $5 and a cup of coffee. You, on the other hand, seem to have just lost about $200 on that cardigan.

And just when Ever thought today couldn't get any worse, she glanced down at herself and found that Nick was right. Her cardigan was completely ruined. For a split second she thought about cussing out every single person inside the coffee shop, she came to the realization that it would do her no good.

Ever sighed heavily and began soaking up as much coffee out of the cardigan as she could; it might still be salvageable. Then again, it might not be. However, she couldn't let Nick know that she was fretting over an article of clothing. “Don’t worry about this old thing.” Old thing? Only if yesterday is considered old. “I needed a new one anyway. I’m so sorry I spilled your coffee, though. You have to let me buy you a new one. It’s the least I can do for possibly ruining your day. I mean, you’re Nick Carter, you were probably on your way to some press event and I had to go and make you late by colliding into you. Just consider it a consolation.” If he doesn't bite, I’m fucked, Ever thought, before looking him in the eyes. He had such amazing, blue eyes; she nearly melted just gazing into them.

Nick’s soothing voice lulled her back into reality; a place Ever really didn’t want to be at this moment. “You aren’t making me late to anything. I was just going shopping, and I decided to stop in to get a burst of energy before the agony of endless decision-making. As for the drink? Don’t even worry about it. I’m just glad I didn’t get hot coffee today, or that could’ve been worse for you.” Nick paused as he realized that she ran into him pretty hard. “It seems like you are the one in the hurry. Tell you what, how about I buy you whatever you came here for so you aren’t later to… wherever you’re going. Where are you going in such a hurry, anyway?”

“SHIT!” Ever screamed, before turning around and running out of the coffee shop.

Nick unknowingly reminded her that she was late for work. Ever is a dancer and an actress, and she is currently working on an independent dance film in a studio a half hour away. She’s already an hour late which means she missed her warm-ups and will force everyone to have to stay late tonight. Coffee was no longer important. Ever had to get to that studio as soon as she possibly can.

Nick followed ever out of Coffee Bean and found her searching. “You aren’t going to find a taxi out here. They don’t run down this street, the traffic is too bad. If you need a ride, I can give you one? My car is right here.”

“You wouldn’t mind?” Ever asked as she turned to face him. Nick shook his head in response and motioned toward the car. She didn’t hesitate and walked beside Nick to the vehicle in question. He unlocked the door and opened it for her. Amazed that chivalry isn’t entirely dead, Ever climbed into the passenger seat and Nick shut the door as soon as she was in. He then walked to the driver’s side and got into the car, turned on the engine and drove off. Is he going to ask where I’m going? Apparently not. “I need to go to Infinity Studios. Do you know where that is?”

“Yea, I filmed a short movie there once. What are you going there for? Are you an actress?”

“Not really, it’s new territory for me. I’m-” Ever paused. She didn’t want to tell him about the dancing. Everyone she tells either mistakes her for a stripper, or thinks she’s lying. In this particular case, however, Ever was afraid that Nick would think she planned this whole stunt and that she wanted to be his backup dancer. She decided it would be best to keep her mouth shut.

“You’re… what?” Nick asked, confused. He glanced over at her briefly and raised an eyebrow.

“-still trying to figure things out. It’s a bit overwhelming; the deadlines, the work, I didn’t know it would be this hard.”

Nick chuckled a bit in response. “You’ll get used to it. Once you realize how to put yourself into your character it’ll come more naturally, you’ll see.” They stopped at a red light and he flashed Ever his charming, perfect, reassuring smile; and Ever felt as if she was floating. Never, in a thousand years, did she think she would get the opportunity to meet Nick Carter, the Backstreet Boy, without paying for a VIP concert ticket let alone have him take her to work. Nick looked back at the road in front of them, instantly bringing Ever back down to Earth, and began to drive when the light turned green.

A few moments of silence passed before Nick’s growing curiosity got the best of him. “So, do you have a name?”

“Ever. Ever Belle Coleman.”

“You look like you’re new around LA. Where are you from, Ever?”

“Rockaway Beach, Oregon. But I moved around a bit. I even lived here in LA for a few months in college.”

“Why didn't you just stay here?”

Ever thought for a moment before answering. “It’s complicated,” she muttered.

It was complicated. Ever Belle Coleman, daughter of Peter and Mary Coleman, grew up in a peaceful beach house in Oregon. Everything was perfect, until her parents started fighting when she was in middle school. The fighting got worse and worse, until Peter and Mary decided to divorce in 2001, splitting the family in two. Ever was always closest with her mother, but her little sister, Clover, needed motherly attention more than Ever. So, Ever moved to Roseville, California with her dad for the duration of high school. She was accepted into UCLA as a dance major and moved to Los Angeles after graduation. Unfortunately, the university’s financial aid, ballet scholarship, contemporary dance scholarship, hip hop scholarship AND gymnastics scholarship only covered enough for tuition and housing, but not food or books or anything else that was essential, which forced the newly 18 year old to take matters into her own hands. She began” dancing” at a local strip club to earn the remaining money she needed to pay for school. After midterms were over a few of her fellow classmates decided to hit a strip club to blow off some steam. Sure enough, they ended up at the same one Ever worked at. For the remaining months of the semester, she was teased and harassed by her classmates and everyone else they had told and Ever had had enough of it. After finals she packed up all of her things and moved back to Oregon to be with her mother and sister. She never wanted to show her face in Los Angeles again. The only reason she moved back was because of the movie deal. She still refuses to step foot on same streets as the club and the university.

“I can handle a complicated story.” Nick’s voice interrupted Ever’s thoughts of her past. She peered over at him, and she contemplated whether or not she should tell him. Just as she decided against it Nick pulled the car up in front of the studio and looked over at her.

“Maybe some other time. Thanks for the ride. I really appreciate it. I promise, I’ll find a way to repay you, for everything.” Ever spoke fast as she opened the car door and stumbled outside. “I owe you!” She yelled back at the car while running toward the doors of the building.

“Coffee! Tomorrow!” Nick yelled back, smiling.

“Okay!” And just like that, she disappeared through the doors of the studio and Nick drove off to begin his day of shopping.

Ever’s head was spinning as she rushed into the rehearsal room. Her mouth was blurting out something about being late but her thoughts were elsewhere. She couldn't believe that she had met the Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. She has loved them since the beginning of their careers. She couldn't stop thinking about his smile and the warmth in his eyes. For someone so famous, he was so friendly and welcoming. She had expected him to be pissed off when she ran into him. She definitely didn't expect him to offer to give her a ride. Then she caught a glance of herself in the mirror and realized exactly why he had been so nice. The coffee stains down the front of her cardigan and blouse, combined with her completely disheveled hair and lack of makeup, Ever looked practically homeless. That also explains why he chuckled when she said she was a new actress. New actress were known for being “homeless chic.” She groaned and made her way over to the barre to begin warming up for the day. It really was shaping up to be a horrible day. Her director was pissed off at her, she ruined her brand new cardigan, her dog was in serious need of a bath, and Nick Carter probably thought she was a nearly homeless, struggling, wannabe actress. Talk about a bad first impression.
Sign up to rate and review this story