Categories > TV > Doctor Who > An Unexpected Journey

It's Not What It Seems, Be Brave

by TheDoctorsTARDISXO 0 reviews

Can Kayden & the Ponds rescue the Doctor in time?! Or are they all doomed without him?

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-08-12 - 3146 words

0Unrated
Fish Fingers & Custard for all!! Also, You know Steven Moffat? Guy who likes to make us weep? He OWNS Doctor Who along with them peeps at the BBC. Very posh. ~XO TheDoctorsTARDISXO

I'm strapped to a table, I can't move. Why can't I move? The light is so bright that it forces me to squint. Where am I? I'm surrounded by people in white lab coats and they're not human. How can I tell that, you ask? Well it could be because their skin is a pale green color and their eyes are orange. It also could be because they keep referring to themselves as Jardane and it could be because they keep calling me their precious pet experiment. One of these people, I can't even call them that, aliens is the more appropriate term approach me now. I struggle against the bonds holding me down but again it's no use. I just can't escape. Wait, what's that in his hand? A needle, I am terrified of needles. I try to cry out and scream for someone, anyone to rescue me but it's no use I again have no voice. Without warning this Jardane plunges the needle into my vein and injects whatever the pink stuff inside of it is. I'm burning now; it burns like the deepest pit of Hell. My eyes well up with tears and I bite my lip trying not to cry. I will not give these creatures that satisfaction.

"Now dear child," the male Jardane speaks to me in the softest voice, "Do not fight it. This is what you are meant to become. Embrace the gift we have bestowed upon you."

I feel the pink stuff, whatever it is coursing through my veins. My whole body burns now. Stop, please stop! I don't want this gift! I just want to go home! Something is happening now, something I can't explain. My skin, it's glowing. It's not supposed to do that it is not supposed to be glowing with a golden glow. My cells feel like they are being torn apart. Every fiber of my being is screaming out in pain. I try to fight against the change but my body refuses to listen to me. The Jardane surround me now, whispering their approval and stating that the experiment is a success.

"Kayden! No, NO! What are you doing to her?! Stop it RIGHT Now!" A voice calls out and though my vision is blurring I can make out who it is. The stranger with the blue suit and red trainers, it's him. The one with the Doctor's ancient eyes who is so important to me, he's found me. Why can't I remember his name? It is like it has become forbidden to me to speak it in my dreams.

"Kayden, hello? Snap out of it!" I feel someone shaking me, and I groggily open my eyes. It's Rory and he looks worried. "Are you alright? You were crying so I thought you might have been having a nightmare."

I reached up and placed a hand against my cheek and what do you know, Rory was right, I was crying. I had another dream about that strange man. Who was he and why was I dreaming about him? I've never had dreams like this before, not until I met the Doctor. Oh, Doctor. Amy, Rory, and I searched every available inch of the palace looking for him but came up empty handed. What was even weirder was the fact that there was not a living soul in sight, just more of those statue things. I was worried about the Doctor. What were the three of us going to do if we couldn't find him? Amy and Rory had told me how he was the only one who was able to pilot the TARDIS. Without him, we'd be stuck in the year 1526 for the rest of our bleeding lives. After our disaster of a search and rescue we gathered around one of the fires in the Great Hall. The tables were set with all the food and drink you could imagine, most fitting for a king except for the fact that there was no king to be seen. I must have dozed off while Amy and Rory wracked their brains thinking of what to do next.

"I'm okay Rory, really. It was just a nightmare. I didn't mean to fall asleep. Are you and Amy okay?"

Rory glanced over at his wife who was pacing back in forth around the king's throne clutching the Doctor's sonic screwdriver in her hand. I could tell by the look on her face that she was trying to think of something, anything, to bring her Doctor home.

"She's been like that for hours now," Rory said with a sigh, "I tried to get her to rest but she refuses. Not until we find the Doctor she keeps telling me. I honestly don't know what to do at this point."

I pat Rory's arm and give him the kindest smile I could manage. I know how much seeing Amy worry was making him worry. We just needed to find the Doctor. He had to be somewhere in the castle, it's not like he could just vanish without a trace. I got to my feet and stretched, feeling the satisfied crack of my spine settling back into place. I grabbed a torch and proceeded to make my way out of the Great Hall.

"Wait, where are you going?" Rory cried out as Amy stopped her pacing and ran after me. "Amy, Kayden wait!" Another sigh and Rory ran after us.

"What are you planning Kayden?" Amy asked me as she illuminated the corridor with the Doctor's screwdriver. For a giant palace there was really no light. "I know you have something up your sleeve, so spill."

"Okay, well I figured the Doctor has to be somewhere in this place. Call it a gut feeling, woman's intuition, hell ESP but I know he's still here somewhere. I am going to turn over every stone in this place until I find him."

We searched high and low every room, every corridor again but still nothing. I suggested that we split up to cover more ground and of course Rory was against it. Amy and I fought tooth and nail with him trying to make him see that it was the only way to really explore the place and leave no stone unturned. In the end, Amy turned on the charm and got Rory on her side. She promised to let him protect her, stroking his ego. Rory didn't like the fact that I had no one to go with me but I told him I was a tough girl and could take care of myself.

"If you get into any trouble Kayden just yell and we'll come running got it?" Rory asked as Amy dragged him down one of the corridors. I gave him my best salute before heading in the opposite way.

I had the Doctor's sonic screwdriver lighting my way as I peeked into rooms and behind tapestries. I tried to tell Amy that I didn't need it but she forced me to take it. She said since I was going off on my own that I needed some protection and there was nothing better than the sonic screwdriver. I had to admit that I did feel slightly better venturing off on my own with it. This place was so creepy without anyone here. When one thinks of King Henry VIII and his court you think of parties and courting and lots of food, not deserted corridors and empty chambers. I kept telling myself to be brave, that we would find the Doctor, whatever it took. A gust of wind blew through the corridor making me jump and causing an extreme case of gooseflesh across my body. I swear I heard a voice calling out to me from the wind and wasted no time in running down the corridor as fast as I could. I came to a halt at the end of the line and was face to face with a massive oak door. It swung open on its own and I jumped back. The rational part of my brain told me that this was most definitely a trap while the less logical part told me that maybe it was the Doctor sending out clues on where to find him.

"Kayden." I heard my name whispered on the breeze and it sounded an awful lot like the Doctor. Wasting no time I gathered up my courage and stepped into the room. "Kayden where are you?"

"Doctor?" I called out to the darkness realizing the sonic was producing very little light. "Doctor I'm here! God you had me so worried and you owe Amy one hell of an apology! How could you do that to her? Doctor?"

I was greeted with silence, my first clue that something was horribly wrong with this picture. The door slammed shut behind me and I screamed. I couldn't help it, something was wrong. I flew to the door and tried the handle; it was stuck and wouldn't budge. I threw my entire weight into the door clawing and kicking and cursing for it to open but nothing was happening. The room lit up in a strange bright light. My nose was instantly assaulted with the smells of bleach and alcohol. It smelled so sterile, like a hospital. I began to hear voices then; they made my blood run cold.

"We are Jardane! Our pet experiment has come back to us. What's this? She has no memory of it, of who she really is. The watch, child the secret lies in the watch. He knows who you are it was he who gave you to us. The watch child, you must open the watch."

I screamed and pounded on the door with all my might. I screamed for Amy, for Rory, for the Doctor, anyone who could save me. How could they be here? They were nothing but the creatures from my nightmares. I risked a look over my shoulder amidst my failing attempt at getting rescued and saw that the Jardane creature held another syringe in his pale green hand. His orange eyes gleamed wickedly at me as he slowly approached. Oh no, I knew what was in that syringe the pink serum from my dream. He was going to inject me again and I was going to burn. I did not want to burn.

"Amy! Rory! Someone help me! Please oh god please get me out of here!" I clawed at the door praying that they heard me. The Jardane was moving in fast now; he was almost in arms reach of me. Just as he reached an arm out to ensnare me the door was thrown open and I tumbled out falling into Rory's chest.

"Oh my god, Kayden? Are you alright, what happened?" Amy frantically asked me as I sobbed against Rory's chest.

"Jardane." I whispered barely loud enough to my own ears, "It's coming for me. We have to go now. Please don't let it get me."

Amy ventured inside the room much to my dismay. Rory just held me tightly shielding me from whatever it was that was in that room. I had never been more frightened in all my life. How could those creatures be here? They weren't real just a figment of my imagination from a nightmare I had. And what they hell did it mean by 'the secret is in the watch' and 'he knows who you are'. Who was this "he"? Amy poked her head around the door way and had a very confused look on her face. What the hell is going on here? Didn't she see the Jardane?

"Kayden, sweetie, there's no one in there."

"What? Impossible! I KNOW what I saw!" I moved to go inside the room, but Rory stopped me. Amy took his place keeping watch over me; like she was afraid I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Rory disappeared for only a moment and when he returned he also had a look of confusion on his face.

"Amy's right Kayden. There's no one in there. I think something is toying with us. There's something here that knows we're looking for the Doctor and is determined to keep us from finding him. We have to keep our wits about us and can't let this thing win."

"But I KNOW what I SAW. It was the same creature from my dream, the Jardane. It knew who I was." I was determined to get them to see that I was not crazy. "I heard the Doctor's voice and I followed it thinking he was here. I got trapped in the room and that creature appeared."

I was led back to the Great Hall with Amy and Rory reassuring me that they believed me and that I wasn't crazy. They told me that we would find the Doctor and I would tell him about this Jardane creature. We were back to square one and no closer to finding the Doctor. Whoever was behind Doctornapping was also behind my seeing the creature from my dreams. It just had to be the same force. Perhaps they were also responsible for the entire court of Henry VIII vanishing from this time period and instead replaced with stone statues. I was exhausted, both mentally and physically. Amy and Rory were huddled in the corner talking softly amongst each other and giving me some space. I closed my eyes and let my mind wander. I saw the Doctor with his boyish smile piloting the TARDIS and laughing at something Rory said. My heart seized in my chest at the thought of never seeing him again. That really couldn't happen, could it? We would find the Doctor somehow, just had to. I reached out with my mind, not knowing why exactly I was doing it. It was like I was trying to find the Doctor with my mind. That just sounded crazy. It wasn't like I was telepathic or something. Well, I had to try something.

"Doctor, are you there? Where are you? We need you, you bow tie wearing madman. Tell me where to find you."

I had to sound crazy. I was attempting to find a Time Lord with my mind. How did I even know if the Doctor had any abilities to read minds or be telepathic or anything of the sort? Perhaps I was just trying to hold on to some glimmer of hope that was dimming at each passing moment. I let out a sigh and contemplated joining Amy and Rory until I felt a weird sort of pressure against my mind. I jumped afraid at what was happening but at the same time it was natural, like I had felt this before. I relaxed into it, not exactly knowing why I was doing it. Something just told me to. A force invaded my mind and I knew at that moment it was the Doctor.

"Kayden oh you clever, clever girl. I didn't even think to try telepathically communicating with you or the Ponds. How did you know to do it?"

"I don't know Doctor we could discuss that later. The most important thing is finding you. Please, tell me where we can find you. We need to save you."

"Think really hard Kayden. Focus all of your energy on finding me. I am in your mind, use that to form a psychic link and it'll lead you straight to me."

I focused with all of my might on the Doctor. I focused on every detail of him from bow tie to tweed jacket to floppy brown hair. It felt like I was surrounded by crackling static electricity and I knew that it had to be working. I focused on his voice and finding him, like it was the most natural thing in the world and felt a jolt like being shocked with a thousand volts of electricity. I nearly lost the link until the Doctor's voice called me back. I felt his pain, he was hurt. Whoever had taken him was not treating him kindly. He was in serious pain, injured beyond belief. That made me want to find him that much more.

"Oh my Doctor, what are they doing to you?"

"Don't worry about me Kayden; it's nothing the old Doctor can't handle."

We had finished forming some type of connection and I had a bead on the Doctor's location. He was still in Greenwich Palace and he was actually close by. My head was pounding now as another force attempted to invade it. I tried to throw up mental barriers or something to keep it out, but I just couldn't the invading force was too strong.

"Now, now Doctor. You are to pay for your crimes. We can't have your companions helping you escape now can we?" It was the same voice from outside when we first arrived. It was trying to sever the connection between the Doctor and I, and it was winning. "We're going to have to punish you more severely for this act, Doctor. Time to watch your companion perish." My heart was in my throat as the voice spoke and I could feel the Doctor's worry though the quickly closing link.

"No, Kayden! What did you do to her? Stop it, leave her alone!" I heard the Doctor cry out in my mind but his voice was getting farther away, fading. He was almost gone.

"Doctor! I'm here, can you hear me? Doctor I'm okay it hasn't done a thing to me. Doctor? DOCTOR!" I screamed out but it was too late, he was already gone. I leapt to my feet sending the chair flying and Amy and Rory running to my side. My head was pounding and I focused on the Doctor trying to bring him back, but it was no use. Whatever force had discovered our link was doing one hell of a job of interfering with it. I couldn't get him back.

"Kayden, what's wrong?" Amy asked grabbing my arms to steady me. "You're scaring me, yeah? Tell me what's wrong."

"The Doctor. I-I know where to find him."

Rory looked gob smacked as he looked at Amy to me and back to Amy. "What do you mean you know where to find him? We've been through this place with a fine toothed comb. He's not here."

"Yes he is, and he needs our help. He's hurt, terribly and we need to find him fast!" I cried out before grabbing their hands and leading them out to find the Doctor. Just hold on, we're coming for you. Don't going dying on us bow tie man. I promise we'll save you.
Sign up to rate and review this story