Categories > Original > Drama > The Horrible Truths of Life, Sex and Love

The Grandmother Pt II

by waking-beauty 1 review

Continuing from the hospital

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-08-25 - 450 words

0Unrated
I reached the hospital and somehow found my way to the children's ward, then stumbled my way to your room. I say your room but you were placed with other babies in varying stages of intensive care, but I knew it was you the moment I saw you.

There you were, in an in a small clear cot very much like the one you were born in. I cried as I saw how many tubes were attached to your frail body, your swollen face being the only part of your body that had any sign of meat on it. The rest of you was like I had originally thought, impossibly skinny.

And yet, I saw impossible circles on your arms, your ribs were jutting out at odd angles.

It was then a nurse walked by and I tentatively reached out a hand for her arm.

"Excuse me nurse, but what are the injuries my granddaughter there has?" I asked as calmly as possible.

"Is that Rebecca you mean?" The nurse queried.

I nodded solemnly.

"She has a concussion, although as far as we can tell right now she has had more than one knock to her head, she has cuts and bruises all over her body including bite marks, she has all of her ribs fractured, a broken left arm, a broken right leg and to top it off she is malnourished and dehydrated. She is currently on pain medication, an IV drip which is givin her as much nourishment as we dare right now since it's unclear if she will be able to keep it down. Someone did a number on this poor innocent baby. I'm sorry" the nurse excused herself and walked off, but not before I saw her begin to cry.

I turned to look back at you. All I could think of was who could have done this to you and why?

"Mum?"

I turned and saw your parents. They were both pale, scared and worried looking.

"What happened?" I exclaimed.

"She stopped breathing" your mother answered.

I didn't say anything. I just stared openly at them.

"She stopped breathing so we rushed over here with her and now the doctors won't let us near her" your mother sobbed, walking over to me and reaching out for a hug.

"Don't touch me" I hissed, and as your mother recoiled I spoke these words that I will never forget.

"You did this to her- a little baby! your own flesh and blood. I'm glad the doctors won't let you near her, and if it is the last thing I ever do on this earth, so help me God, I will make sure you NEVER touch her again"
Sign up to rate and review this story