Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Have You Heard The News That You're Dead?

by Fronk-EyeEarOh 3 reviews

Gerard Way relapsed after his wife left him and after the band broke up. Frank's on tour, Mikey's spending time with Sarah and Ray's constantly in the studio. With no one else to turn to, he tries ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2013-09-07 - 1093 words

0Unrated
I just woke up when I had the idea for this, I hope that's a sign that my writer's block is over and done with :) I hope you like it anyhow, Rates and Reviews are appreciated.

Gerard was all alone, again. He stared out the window at the tyre tracks in the snow, leading from his driveway, to only God knows where. He was thinking so hard that his brain felt like it was going to explode. Gerard didn't understand what had happened. He'd been nothing but great to her, spoiled her rotten, made her feel loving and special. But what was it she told him? ' It's not you, it's me. I really do love you, Gerard, and I know you feel the same, just me and you, we're nothing more than people, and He doesn't let people like us be happy. To Gerard, that was the biggest loud of bullshit that he'd ever heard. He was happy. He ought to really stop thinking about it.

He felt tears well up in his eyes and he dashed to the kitchen, opening all the cupboards for that sweet, soothing liquid. Of course, the was none. Gerard had forgotten that it was now his 11th anniversary of being sober. What the fuck was he thinking? Earlier, he'd tried to phone Frank, Mikey and Ray, and none of them had the time of day for him. Well, Frank certainly had a reason to be mad at him. Frank left Jamia a year ago, for Gerard. Gerard slept with Frank, and told him he loved him, when in an actual fact, Lindsay had gone to her parents to visit her sick mother. Gerard told Frank he wanted to be with him, that if their wives were out of the equation, they could be together. So, Frank followed his heart. He loved Jamia, but he loved Gerard more. He left Jamia and began to ask when Gerard was leaving Lindsay. So Gerard snapped and punched him, saying he wasn't going to, and then Gerard quit the band. And what was My Chemical Romance without Gerard?

Gerard sighed as his brain began to steer his mind away from all the good memories, and away to all the memories where he fucked up or hurt someone. He stood up and grabbed his jacket and shoes, walking down the road and into the old liquor store on the corner. When he walked in, his mouth begin to water at the very look at them. They looked so delicious, all neatly labelled. Gerard could hardly make a decision on what alcohol to buy. He eventually decided on 3 bottles of vodka and two bottles of tequila, the two strongest alcohols in there. After his purchase he walked outside and could barely wait until he was out the door to pull out a bottle of vodka and open in.

Once he did this, he felt to familiar burn down his throat, he let out a small groan at thought of finally being reunited with his old friend. To Gerard, this was an escape route. He trudged home in the snow, stumbling around after finishing his first bottle and he dropped it to the floor, walking into his house. He began thinking of all the things that he never told people that he should've. He sat down on the sofa and opened another bottle of vodka, taking out his phone as he did so and flicked through his contacts, until eventually his number stopped on Frank.

He knew Frank was touring, but his show would be finished by now, he just knew it. After clicking 'call' and pressing the phone against his ear, all he could think was 'here goes nothing'.

"Hello?" Frank's sleepy voice ran through the other end of the phone, making Gerard feel silly, because at 2am, he probably woke him up. But then again, it's Frank, so..

"Frankie, Frankie, Frankie, I've got something ta tell you." Gerard slurred, taking quick swigs of the open bottle, grinning to himself.

"Gerard, have you been drinking?"

"Nooooooooo, I've been, uh, uh, uh.."

"Gerard, you stupid fuck. What the hell do you have to tell me?"

"I, got something ta say ta you, I love you, a'ight? I love you sooooo much, and I needed you to know."

"Why did you feel the need to wake me up and tell me that?" Frank was abviously still pissed at Gerard and Gerard began thinking of reasons, his thoughts stopping on something that made him smile, and he knew that was what he was going to have to do after this.

"I hope you have a good tour, Frankie, because I will not be here when you get back. I'm gonna see Grandma Elena, and Kurt Cobain, and Michael Jackson, and we're gonna get so fuckin' wasted. I'm gonna kill myself."

"Gerard, what, no-" Gerard hung up the phone and giggled lightly to himself, walking into the kitchen and he opened up the medicine cupboard, taking out everything and anything he could. He walked back through to the living room and emptied all the pills into his vodka, downing the rest of it before passing out.

------------------------------

"Gerard, I know you can't hear me, but I love you. I always will. I hope you have a good time up there. The doctor's said that you're not improving after being in here for what seems like forever. The doctor told us, that you were suffering, and that it's only humane to turn off the life support. I'm so sorry, Gee.. But Donna agreed. Donna doesn't want you to suffer. I guess you really got your wish this time." His voice cracked at the end of his little "goodbye" speech and Gerard so wanted to get up and tell him he's okay, that he's here.

"Frankie, I'm here. Don't cry. I'm okay." Gerard said, only he didn't know he said it in his head, he was aware of everything. Just at that moment, the doctor walked in.

"Mr Iero, now that you've said you're goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time." The doctor spoke softly to Frank. Frank begin to break out in the most heart breaking sobs and Gerard felt his chest swell with love for the shorter man. Then he realised, this is it.

"No, no, no. This can't be it. I'm fine! Stop!" Gerard began to shout desperately, and then he heard the beep of the machine stop, and the oxygen mask get pulled off his face. After that, it all went black. Gerard Way has died.
Sign up to rate and review this story