Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter Six

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-07 - 802 words

0Unrated
Human. The word weighed more on me now that I wasn't one. I don't even remember being it.

I remeber when I was little. Not much, but a few things. Like running down the beach away from dad. Mom singing to me. Mom's funeral.

That was the most prominant. Her dying. Her not being there anymore. That hurt the most.

"Izzy?" Andy touched my shoulder. Alex put his hand on my back. Matt looked at me from across the room. John stopped moving boxes, looking at me over his shoulder.

They could feel it. I could tell. "I'm fine." I sighed. I moved out the the knot the guys had me tangled in and headed to the front door. "I'm going to go see Jack." I said, shutting the door behind me.

I ran to the corner and over four blocks to where Jack lived with his mother. I knocked on the door, out of breath. His mom, the woman who hated me to death, opened the door. "Isabel. What do you want?"

"Jack home?" I asked, holding my chest.

"He's upstairs in his room." She said, hardly moving to let me in.

"Thanks." I ran up the stairs, her right behind me. Jack's mom was probably pretty once, but ever since Jack and I had known each other, she reminded me of the troll from the kid's story Three Billy Goats Gruff.

I opened the door to Jack's room and slammed it shut in her pinched face. Jack was sitting on his bed, his sketch book in his lap. "Hey." He shut it, sitting it on his messy nightstand. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Well, nothing much." I sat on the foot of his bed, kicking my shoes off and crossing my legs.

"Liar." He smiled, crossing his legs as well. "What's going on. You look worried." He knew me even better than Andy.

"Well, there is something you might not like. I kind of don't like it, but oh well." He wrinkled his brow. "I have to move in with the band."

"Nope! That's not happening!" He started to get up, but I grabbed his hand. "Izzy, are you crazy? A house full of guys?"

"I know. But think about it. I was on a bus with them for how long? And nothing happened." He stared at me. "Relax. Nothing will happen. If anything, I'll walk in on one of them in the bathroom. Which it's not like that's never happened before either."

"Izzy..." He sighed.

"Jack." I rolled my eyes. "Nothing will happen. I swear." I stuck my pinkie out.

He looked at it. "What are we, five?" He laughed.

"You're acting like it." I stuck my tongue out at him. He grimaced then smiled. "Come on." I poked him with my pinkie.

"Fine." He wrapped his around mine. "I trust you." He looked me in the eyes.

I felt my stomach dropping. Should I tell him? The truth? All of it? "Thanks." I smiled.

No. I can't tell him. Not with the war coming. "Something is still wrong." He said softly.

I blinked at him. "No." I said, keeping my voice empty. He frowned. "Really. Nothing else."

"Okay." He sighed. "I actually have something to tell you." He bit his lip.

My phone buzzed. "Oh. Just a second." I took my phone out of my pocket and read the text.

It was Andy, asking if I was okay. I sighed and put my phone away. "What'd you want to tell me?" I looked at him. He was chewing his lip. "Hey. Stop that. Your lip will bleed." I pulled his lip out of his teeth.

"Sorry." He said, his cheeks going red. "Okay, look Izzy. I..." He took a deep breath.

There was a knock on the door. "Jack, I need you to come take out the trash." His mom said through the door.

He huffed heavily. "I will in a few minutes mom!" He let out a sharp breath. "Anyway-"

"Now Jack!" She pounded the door once.

"In a minute mom!" He yelled back. He was getting mad.

"I can go..." I pointed to the door.

"No!" He said quickly. "Izzy, I-"

"Jack William Burrow, you have the the count of ten!" His mom yelled.

"Izzy, I'm in love with you." He said over his mom's counting, which made her stop. He opened the door hard, making it slam into the wall and sent papers flying.

His mom was staring at me, her eyes burning with hate. Jack stormed past her, stomping down the stairs. A moment later, I heard the back door slam.

"I'm just gonna...go..." I slid past her and ran down the stairs.

I wasn't sure where I was going exactly. Only that I needed to get away from everyone and everything.

Especially breakable things.
Sign up to rate and review this story