Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Difference Between Real Love and the Love on TV (Pete Wentz)

Difference Between Real Love and the Love on TV (Pete Wentz) .4.

by alisaysroar 0 reviews

Masey is confused.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-09-27 - 817 words

0Unrated
Pete doesn't know whats up with his after he leaves Masey's. His head is buzzing, and his chest still has that weird sensation. He's beginning to think that Masey is having some sort of effect on him. He may actually have feelings for her.... again.
Pete has known Masey for six years,and when he first met her he had known she was something special. Now the feelings were really coming to fruition. He had never explicitly had a crush on her, but he was always able to appreciate all the great things about her, from her personality and friendliness to her looks. Masey had it all going on, only she couldn't see it.
Two days later Pete invites Masey over when his house is completely free of anyone or any distractions, not that they're doing anything that they'd be distracted from. Pete pretty much just wants to watch her. She's sitting on the counter eating a pb&j while petting his dogs head with her foot when Pete realizes she's different from everyone else. He'd take a bullet for this girl, she was his best friend, even if they did fight. Even if he did hit her.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, and Masey looks up from the dog.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. That I hurt you."

"Oh, Pete," Masey starts, "I thought we--"

"I'll never forgive myself," he cuts her off. "I don't know why you're even still friends with me, I don't deserve you."

"Yes you do," Masey contends, sliding off the counter and crossing the kitchen to take Pete in her arms. "Of course you do. You're my very best friend and you know hitting is wrong, and you'll never do that again. Right?"

"Right." Pete pauses. "You're so beautiful," he tells her again. "And I mean it when I say it. So beautiful."

Masey looks up at Pete and he's staring right into her eyes and something in her chest feels funny but before she knows it they're kissing-- and she's not sure if he kissed her or if she kissed him but she doesn't really care. Except she does when she realizes what she's doing. She's kissing her best friend. That's not right, she tells herself, and pulls away from him.

Pete has a soft smile on his lips until he realizes Masey isn't feeling the same way. "What's wrong, Masey?" He asks, his arms wrapping around her waist as he goes to lean his forehead against hers.

"Stop it," she says, pushing him away. "Just stop."

Pete lets go of her, "What?" He asks, slightly angry.

"Stop doing that to me."

"I didn't do anything to you."

"Yes you did!"

"What did I do to you, Masey?" He asks, more anger pervading his tone.

"I need to leave," she says suddenly, grabbing her keys from the counter.

"Wait, Masey, what's wrong?" Pete tries to grab her hand as she's exiting.

"I don't want to talk about it, Pete." She says, ripping her hand from his. "I'll see you later," she calls over her shoulder as she gets into her car, leaving Pete on his doorstep, dumbfounded and angry.

.....

Masey doesn't talk to Pete for a couple days because she's extremely confused. She doesn't know what she wants or how she feels or how she's supposed to feel. She and Pete kissed, and she doesn't want to admit it to herself, but she kind of liked it.

She's never really had feelings for Pete, but it's not like she couldn't see him as her boyfriend. She didn't know if she wanted him to be her boyfriend. She didn't know any of this, nor had she thought about it, but the second their lips collided she was forced to face all of these technicalities of what they were and what they were not. Pete didn't have this way of thinking, however, he just decided she was beautiful and he wanted to kiss her. Maybe he even loved her, but he wasn't sure because she'd run out on him so quickly and it made his heart heart.

But when she calls him late Thursday night he doesn't hesitate to answer even though he hasn't spoken to her since Monday. Maybe he doesn't hesitate because he's so desperate to hear her voice. "Hey," he sighs into the phone.

"Hey, Pete," she says back. "I'm sorry."

"Okay," is all Pete says. He doesn't know what else he's supposed to say.

"Do you want to see me?"

"Yeah," is all he says. again, he doesn't know what else he's supposed to say.

"Now?"

Pete looks at the clock, it's already 12:36. "If that's what you want."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye." Pete hangs up, knowing in just fifteen short minutes Masey will be before him and they'll be faced with a choice. And this choice would determine the context of their relationship from the moment they locked lips and on.
Sign up to rate and review this story