Categories > TV > WWE

Greater than the Greatest?

by tjsparkles 1 review

When you have the greatest wrestler in the world offering to mentor you, you should probably take him up on his offer. Chris Sabin/Taeler Hendrix, TNA fic.

Category: WWE - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2013-09-27 - 878 words - Complete

0Unrated
I tweaked the events of last night's iMPACT to make this work. Hopefully you enjoy it. Random pairing was inspired by a convo with Rhiannon Leigh Black

Chris Sabin had a huge smile on his face as he left the TNA locker room. He’d just been given a match against Manik, the current X-Division champion, and he was more excited than ever to reclaim HIS X-Division champion and become a record-setting seven time champion. Things couldn’t be going better for Sabin at the moment, and he was quite confident that he would beat Manik in short order.

Taeler Hendrix was the first and only female Gut Check winner, and she’d been spending most of her time down in OVW, the developmental territory, honing her skills until she was ready to be called up to the main roster. That just so happened to be tonight, and she would be taking on Brooke Tessmacher, a performer that Taeler respected tremendously. Even though this wasn’t her first time wrestling in a TNA ring, she was still very nervous, as she felt like she didn’t quite belong in the company just yet. Taeler felt like she still had a lot of proving to do before people finally took her seriously. At the moment, she was looking for Brooke, so that they could go over their match later that night.

“Whoa,” Chris Sabin commented as he approached Taeler. “I don’t think I’ve seen you here before. I’m Chris Sabin.” He held his hand out for Taeler to shake, and she did, firmly. A good strong handshake always makes a good first impression, Taeler thought to herself.

“Taeler Hendrix.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Taeler. Are you Eric’s new assistant? Do you want me to tell him you’re here?”

“I’m not an assistant,” Taeler replied. “I’m from OVW.”

Chris appeared perplexed.

“You’re a wrestler?”

“The first ever female Gut Check winner, as a matter of fact.” Taeler placed her hands on her hips, proud of her accomplishment. “And a new member of the TNA roster.”

Chris was quiet for a second as he regarded her, with a look that Taeler thought to be pure amusement more than anything else, and then broke into a wide grin.

“Oh yeah,” he recalled. “I remember you. I didn’t recognize you with clothes on.”

“Excuse me?” Taeler was stunned.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Chris held out his hands in an innocent gesture. “It’s just that the last time I saw you, you were, well….more scantily clad, I guess I should say.”

Taeler contemplated slapping Chris, or kicking him in the nuts, but resisted the urge. She had heard nothing but good things about Chris, about how nice of a guy he was and how laid back he was. Maybe he was just ribbing her, to test her mettle.

“Well, that’s probably because I was actually wrestling. As you can see, I’m not in my gear. I was actually looking for Brooke.”

“Tessmacher? Oh, you’re wrestling her?” Chris rubbed his chin. “What kind of match did they put you in for your debut? Mud wrestling match? Three layers of pudding match? Bra and panties?”
Taeler simply stared at him, speechless. This was definitely not the Chris Sabin she’d heard so much about. This guy had a really bad attitude problem, and he was about two seconds away from getting bitch slapped.

“It doesn’t matter. Listen, I’ve seen some of your matches, and I think you have a lot of potential. But if you want to make an impact, so to speak, you’re gonna need a mentor. Someone to guide you and help you find your strengths.” Sabin’s eyes swept over Taeler’s body, eventually settling on her chest. “I think I could be the guy for that job. I mean, I am a TNA Original, a former tag team champion, world heavyweight champion, X-Division champion…who better to help guide you than me?”

“Um…”

“But I gotta tell you, it won’t be easy. We’ll have to train a lot. Don’t worry; I am a really good trainer. Ask anyone. I’m a very hands-on trainer, but that’s exactly what you’ll need to prepare yourself. These girls don’t hold back.” Chris finally tore his eyes away from Taeler’s bust.

“Do you have any questions?”

“Are you always this forward?”

Chris shrugged unapologetically, a smirk plastered to his face.

“I’m just trying to help you out. I think that you could go a long way in this business, kiddo. We’ll have to see what we can do about me becoming your mentor. I really think that I am the best guy for the job.” He patted Taeler’s cheek.

“I have to go get ready for my own match, but listen, how about you meet me after the show. I think we have a lot to discuss, and it could take all night.” Chris didn’t wait for Taeler to respond and added, “I’m looking forward to it, cutie.”

As Chris walked off, Taeler shook her head and sighed loudly.

“What a jerk.”
Sign up to rate and review this story