Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dirty Paws

Chapter 1

by Suicide_Room 4 reviews

Set in the 1500's. A war between two kingdoms; vampires and humans. Aurelia will give anything to keep her people save. To them its a game, to us it is survival.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-09-22 - Updated: 2013-09-29 - 1485 words

1Original
There was a time when peace was alive. Everyone would co-exist with each other. Both humans and vampires.
It was July 19, 1563, the day I was born into the royal family and called by the name of Aurelia Merciel Jackson.
I had a brother and two sisters. Jacqueline, the oldest and a resemblance to our mother in everyway. Mackenzie, even though a year older she always acted like a little kid to make you smile, but an adult when it was time to get serious. And lastly, but not least. My twin brother, Ryan. Him being my twin was the understatement, we were exactly alike. He knew all of my secrets amd I knew all of his. We all got along with each other pretty well, yet me and Ryan always had a special connection.
The only thing that made me mad the most was the other kingdom, not far away really, they were run by vampires. Both of our kingdoms have been at war.
They were all cold-blooded leeches.
They declared war on us on my 10th birthday. I remember we were celebrating in the garden and they just got in. My mother died the next night.
So now it was just my father, my sisters and my brother and me. My father was so deep In mourning the Way Kingdom took advantage of it and attacked us. They took all of us blind.
We all manage to escape, although my father wasn't all that lucky. 'Till this day I still can't belive that we had to leave him behind. We know that he is still alive, we just don't know where. Jaqueline, Mackenzie, Ryan and I took different routes.

In 1579, two weeks before my 16th birthday. We were still on the low key, we got rid of all of the things that made us royal. They were just material things. I still kept my mother's white gold locket.
We decided then that it would be best to just blend in with the townspeople.
The kingdom ended up being joint with the way kingdom. Although we would only seem like food to them, the king, Donald Way, decided that we, the humans, would have a curfew. If we choose to break that curfew we would be snacks to any vampire who would find us. Midnight.
To them it was a game, to us was a survival.

**
I awoke in the morning, the window wide open. I stood up to close it, when looking outside I saw Viktoria down there, or Vikki as I like to call her. I hadn't seen her for a few days when her family went out of town for more seeds. Rule #1: Travel with a pack.

I smiled slightly, closed the window and went to get dressed. My mother's locket hidden in my brown corset and black skirt I always wear. And my curly brown hair was in a messy bun, hold up by just a pin.
I walked outside to find Ryan, chopping some wood back at the garden. "Having fun?" I ask with a small smile forming on my lips.
"Don't I always?" He replied with the same smile.

I picked up the basket on the side of the small cottage and went on my way.
Walking around the house, I saw Vikki still standing there, talking with Mackenzie.
"Hi Vikki!" I said as I gave her a big hug as Mackenzie excused herself. "I prayed that you would come back in one peace and I guess God heard my prayer."

"Well its good to be back. I got some of that paint that you said you wanted and that its was impossible to find." Vikki said as she handed me a bag filled with little pots of paint. "Oh thank you! Although you really didn't have to" I said as I hugged her once again. Picking up my basket, I placed the paints in it.
"Come on, we should go while it is still light out" I said as I looked up at the sky it looked like the sun was at its highest peak which meant It was time for lunch. At this time we would go pick up some fruit that would last us every two days. This place was a little far and it took us at least two hours to just get there. We set down the path talking about what girls our age would talk about.

There was an interesting theme that would always spark in our conversations. The royal family. She would always ask me why I never wanted to talk about them. I would keep quiet until about a year ago I told her the truth. She didn't say anything.
"You know the prince's 18th birthday is coming up. And so is yours"

I know what she was hinting at. Every once a month the king would send the royal guards out on the nearby towns and take all the girls of age. They would just disappear and never be seen again. Some would return of course to tell the horrible truth, but they never do act like they used to. Looking like zombies only to take their own lives days later.
"So will you" I look at her. Like me her mother passed away, this was while trying to save her after they came and burned everything in sight.
"I know. They won't break me. Us." She said with as much confidence as she could have mustered. Even though deep inside she was worry of what would become of her family.
I was more worried about the people of the kingdom and what would become of them.

After a while, we finally arrive at the clearing. Here the flowers would always be blooming and the fruit would always taste sweet, not bitter, just sweet.
We started gathering everything in our baskets, anything you could think of. We didn't really know the next time we would be able to get some more.

Somewhere between all the talking, we took a break and sat at the roots of one of the biggest trees and ate.
"We should probably get back. Home is like two towns back" Vikki said as we stood up and grabbed our baskets.
The sun was only minutes away from setting and we had only reached to the first town. It would be nothing but dangerous to continue on our way home.
"We can't continue we will have to stay the night or at least find a good hiding spot." I said. You see, we could have gone to a church to spend the night but since the kingdom is being runned by vampires they burned down the churches while the people were still inside. Only the lucky ones made it outside with only a few burns.
"Follow me." I said as I headed to the little barn I saw a few minutes ago. I open the door looking inside first, when the coast was clear we snucked in. I knoe it would have been better to ask, but we couldn't really take that chance amd have them say no. Plus, everyone was already going inside we were about the last ones outside.
"Make sure to close the door tightly. I don't want anyone to come in here and find us."

After a while Vikki had fallen asleep, but I was still wide awake. I didn't like the idea of both of us sleeping when this place could be crawling with danger.
We were both in the last stall, the other animals were asleep except for a few pigs.
I suddenly hear the door openning, as I crawled towards to front of the stall and look through a small and conveniently placed hole. I saw two guys enter the barn.

Two men I've never really seen before.

"Come on Gerard! You may think that she isn't out there, but she is." The smaller one said as he walk over to one of the stalls. He patted the cow as he stepped closer to it, before sinking his fangs into its neck. I jumped back in terror, breathing heavily.
I've never seen a vampire before, sure I like anybody else have heard stories about them.
I crawled back over to Vikki who was still asleep. "Vikki wake up, we have to get out of here" I whispered to her as I shook her. I can't let anything happen to her. She is all her family has left that reminds them of her mother. "What?"
"Their in here,we have to get out without them seeing us"

"You know it doesn't matter how low you whisper, we can still hear you" I turn around to find the man called Gerard right behind me. I don't know if he could hear my heartbeat going a mile a minute, but by the smirk appearing on his face I was sure that he did.
Sign up to rate and review this story