Categories > Anime/Manga > .hack//Sign

video surveillance

by brandonrogers882 0 reviews

Category: .hack//Sign - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-21 - 1040 words

0Unrated
It's that easy, security camera placement is all about Location, Location, Location. The devil is incorporated in the details and also the details determine where a camera ought to be placed. Too often a security camera is positioned to cover as much real estate as possible and that is the wrong approach. A CCTV or Surveillance System should be just that, a method. Each camera should play a key role in the complete system, just like a single instrument in an orchestra, alone they're nice, but when combined they magnify one another's performance.

Within my humble opinion, the most crucial camera in a complete CCTV system is the gotcha camera. This home security camera should provide you with the same image because the culprits mug shot will when the police take his picture, in other words, super close-up. Typically the best place for this camera is right behind the register. Obviously every store has one there however they usually try and cover the whole front counter. Huge opportunity loss! The gotcha camera should be at eye level right in front of the customer (actually slightly to the side so that the sales clerk doesn't block the image). A would be robber would think twice after staring into the eye from the camera. This security camera should be this type of tight shot that you only have a couple feet on each side of the cash register. It is the money shot, the one which will put the robber into that mug shot I spoke of earlier.

If you are doing a home surveillance system then your gotcha camera would be at eye level at the front door. Since 70% of break-ins occur through a door, and most of them are with the front door, here's your money shot. Even if the burglar doesn't break-in at the front door he will almost always ring the doorway bell to see if anyone is home. Once again, after considering the eye of the camera he'll probably go to another house. Another good location for the gotcha security camera is at a gate. Most burglars will use the easiest method to get into the back yard and when you have a fence, that would be the gate. Don't be tempted to get an image of the entire fence, you would like just the gate, so you can get that sharp picture that will put him around the 11:00 news. (10:00 Central time)

Not every security camera ought to be the super close-up. This is where the concept of a complete system is available in. Like in any movie you will need a camera to create the stage. That wide angle shot that sets the scene in every TV sitcom, that makes you think they really live in that house. You are able to cover a lot of ground with this camera, while you would not be able to identify the individual, that's the job from the gotcha camera. This surveillance camera covers a sizable area to try to catch unhealthy guy in the process. It may be a parking area or a back yard. By itself if would have little benefit, but as part of a system it plays a key role. you may not be able to find out the intruder, but you will have the best possibility of catching him red handed. Inside a parking lot it will give you an idea of the type of car he drives and what direction he was going as he left the parking area. In a store you might see two criminals cooperating and see which camera they're walking before.

http://www.a2zsecuritycameras.com/ip-network-security-camera-systems.html

The last location is the security camera that matches in approximately the super close-up, and the stage setting wide angle camera. Its role is perfect for high priority locations. Maybe where you have expensive merchandise or a trouble spot in which you have had shop lifting problems before. It may be the reason you've decided to get a CCTV system. In the home it might be in an area in which you keep valuables. You will need to cover just as much real estate as you possibly can while still being in a position to identify the culprit. The key to this camera location would be to not try and cover so much area that your can't identify the person ripping you off.

That leads us to facial recognition. This priority camera must incorporate facial recognition. Which means you must be in a position to identify the person that is taking food out of the mouths or your children and stealing the Gifts of your Grandchildren from beneath your tree (both figuratively and physically). The FBI has come up with a rule of thumb of ten heads. Look at the image around the monitor and imagine stacking the heads on top of each other like on a totem pole. If you only allow it to be half way your screen when you count ten heads, then your face will be too small to get an identifiable image. Anything less then ten is nice as long as you balance real estate you want to cover with the size of the face area.

http://www.chess.com/blog/roberthewitt880/video-surveillance-system

To sum up a perfect surveillance or CCTV system, you'll need at least one money shot camera (your gotcha scum-bag camera), a minumum of one stage setting camera (your wide shot camera), and as many priority (high-risk area) security cameras as needed. It all depends on the size of the store and the merchandise you're attempting to cover.

One further thing I need to cover, may be the monitor. After assembling a killer system, don't go and blow it by putting the monitor in an area where customers can easily see it. A robber will be looking for blind spots, if he aren't able to find any he'll wear a mask. You might have a camera super tight for the gotcha shot, but all the shop lifter sees is a camera and that he doesn't want to get picked up. If he thinks he's on camera he won't try anything. Just like a poker player, never show your hand until you have to.
Sign up to rate and review this story