Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Doctor's Daughter DD

Dalek battle

by dramagirl007 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-30 - 4873 words

0Unrated
“Davitch get a hold of Earth, evacuate everyone.” Doctor ordered getting ready for a rescue mission.
“DD, you evacuate too, Jack you’re coming with me, we’re going to save her.” Doctor said.
“No way am I going to be evacuated, I’m going with you.” DD said.
“DD” Doctor started.
“No, I’m coming.” DD said with determination. “Rose is my friend.”
“No use arguing with a woman.” Jack said with a smirk.
Doctor made a frustrated noise, “Come on then.”
They hurried into the TARDIS
“Jack watch the scanner.” Doctor ordered, “DD push that button right there when I tell you.”
They did as they were told.
“We've got incoming” Jack said.
“DD press the button.” Doctor ordered.
DD did as she was told at the right moment, Dalek missiles hit the TARDIS. It looked like the TARDIS exploded, but that button was a force field
“The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional force field.” Jack said.
“Say extrapolator five time’s fast.” DD joked.
Jack smirked.
“For my next trick.” Doctor started, “DD stand by me and watch this.”
“Cool, going to learn something about the TARDIS.” DD thought to herself.
“Get ready with that Defabricator.” Doctor said to Jack.
“I’m on it.” Jack said.
The TARDIS materialized around Rose and the nearest Dalek.
“Rose, get down! Get down, Rose” Doctor ordered.
Rose did as she was told.
“Exterminate” The Dalek said hitting an empty spot on the TARDIS
Jack hit the Dalek with the Defabricator which has been modified into a laser and the Dalek was destroyed.
“You did it.” Rose said standing up with a smile and ran to the Doctor and hugged him. Then hugged DD, “Feels like I haven’t seen you in years.”
“I told you I’d come and get you.” Doctor said.
“Never doubted it.” Rose said with a smile.
“Hey, don’t I get a hug?” Jack asked.
“Oh come here” Rose said with a grin.
“I was talking to him.” Jack said pointing at the Doctor.
Rose laughed and hugged him anyway.
“Welcome home.” Jack said.
“What’s that you shot the Dalek with?” Rose asked.
“Oh, you were lucky. That was just a one shot wonder. Drained the gun of all its power supply. Now it’s just a piece of junk.” Jack said.
“Dad, you destroyed these things to extinction, how are they still alive?” DD asked.
“He destroyed them to extinction?” Jack asked confused.
“The Time War. War between the Daleks and the Time Lords, with the whole of creation at stake. My… our people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them… I almost thought it was worth it… Now it turns out our people died for nothing.” Doctor said, he looked at his daughter and gave her a hug. Because of him, their people are gone and the Daleks are not even stopped.
“There's thousands of them now. We could hardly stop one. What're we going to do?” Rose asked.
“No good stood round here chin wagging. Human race, you'd gossip all day. The Daleks have got the answers. Let's go and meet the neighbors.” Doctor put on a happy face.
Doctor, Jack and DD hurried out of the TARDIS
“You can't go out there” Rose said.
“It’s ok Rose.” DD said with a grin before heading out.
“Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate” Daleks said at the same time but their rays stopped from the force field that extended away from the TARDIS.
“Is that it? Useless! Nul points. It's all right, come on out. That force field can hold back anything” Doctor said with a grin then got serious. “Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek Homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might've removed all your emotions but I reckon right down deep in your DNA, there's one little spark left, and that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me? So tell me. How did you survive the Time War?” Doctor asked.
“They survived through me.” A deep voice said.
Everybody looked up and saw the Emperor.
Doctor walked closer to the Emperor, “Rose, DD, Captain… this is the Emperor of the Daleks.”
“You destroyed us, Doctor. The Dalek race died in your inferno, but my ship survived, falling through time, crippled but alive.”
“I get it.” Doctor said.
“Do not interrupt. Do not interrupt. Do not interrupt.” The Daleks chanted.
“I think you're forgetting something. I'm the Doctor, and if there's one thing I can do, it's talk. I've got five billion languages, and you haven't got one way of stopping me. So if anybody's going to shut up, it's you!” Doctor sounded angry at that part towards the Daleks, but then got chipper again. “Okey doke. So, where were we?”
“We waited here in the dark space, damaged but rebuilding. Centuries passed, and we quietly infiltrated the systems of Earth, harvesting the waste of humanity. The prisoners, the refugees, the dispossessed. They all came to us. The bodies were filtered, pulped, sifted. The seed of the human race is perverted. Only one cell in a billion was fit to be nurtured.” The Emperor explained.
“So you created an army of Daleks out of the dead.” Doctor said.
“Ew.” DD whispered.
“That makes them half human.” Rose said.
“Those words are blasphemy.” Emperor said in rage.
“Do not blaspheme. Do not blaspheme. Do not blaspheme.” The Daleks chanted.
“Everything human has been purged. I cultivated pure and blessed Dalek.” Emperor said.
“Since when did the Daleks have a concept of blasphemy?” DD asked, “I thought Daleks have no emotion.”
“I reached into the dirt and made new life. I am the God of all Daleks!” Emperor said.
“Worship him. Worship him. Worship him.” Daleks all chanted.
“They're insane. Hiding in silence for hundreds of years, that's enough to drive anyone mad. But it's worse than that. Driven mad by your own flesh. The stink of humanity. You hate your own existence. And that makes them more deadly than ever. We're going.” Doctor said. And they started walking back to the TARDIS
“You may not leave my presence.” Emperor ordered.
He was not obeyed.
“Stay where you are.” A Dalek said.
The Dalek was not obeyed.
“Exterminate” Dalek said.
The force field blocked all the beams the Daleks shot at them.
They went back to floor 500 and got out of the TARDIS
“Turn everything up. All transmitters full power, wide open. Now! Do it!” Doctor ordered.
“What does this do?” Davitch asked.
“Stops the Daleks from transmatting on board. How did you get on? Did you contact Earth?” Doctor asked.
“Well, we tried to warn them, but all they did was suspend our license because we stopped the programs.” Davitch said
“And the planet's just sitting there, defenseless. Lynda, what're you still doing on board? I told you to evacuate everyone.” Doctor said.
“She wouldn't go.” Davitch said.
“Didn't want to leave you.” Lynda said.
“There weren't enough shuttles anyway, or I wouldn't be here. We've got about a hundred people stranded on Floor Zero.” A woman said.
“Oh, my God. The Fleet is moving. They’re on their way here.” Davitch said looking at the scanner.
“DD, help me with this.” Doctor said. He and she began pulling cords and bits out of the big computer.
“What are we doing?” DD asked following her dad’s example and pulling cords and bits out of the big computer.

“Dalek plan. Big mistake, because what have they left me with? Anyone? Anyone? Oh, come on, it's obvious. A great big transmitter. This station. If I can change the signal, fold it back, sequence it, anyone?” Doctor asked.
“You've got to be kidding.” Jack was shocked.
“Give the man a medal.” Doctor said.
“A Delta Wave?” Jack asked.
“A Delta Wave!” Doctor said with a smile.
DD smiled, “Awesome, a Delta Wave.”
“What's a Delta Wave?” Rose asked.
“A wave of Van Cassadyne energy. It fries your brain. Stand in the way of a Delta Wave and your head gets barbequed.” Jack explained.
“You knew what a Delta Wave was?” Rose asked DD.
“I’ve lived on a Golem ship for five years, all they want to do is destroy planets. They used Delta Waves before.” DD explained, she was happy a Delta Wave was actually going to do some good.
“And this place can transmit a massive wave. Wipe out the Daleks!” Doctor said.
“Well, get started and do it then.” Lynda said excited.
“Trouble is, wave this size, building this big, brain as clever as mine, should take about, oh, three days? How long till the Fleet arrive?” Doctor asked.
“Twenty two minutes.” Davitch said.
“You have me.” DD said, “I’ve learned a lot about these things.”
Doctor nodded, “With two brains should take us about a day and a half.”
“What if we work fast?” DD asked with a grin.
Doctor grinned, “Jack work on a force field for this place, which will buy us some time.”
“I’m on it.” Jack said.
“We've now got a force field so they can't blast us out of the sky, but that doesn't stop the Daleks from physically invading.” Jack explained.
“Do they know about the Delta Wave?” Davitch asked.
“They'll have worked it out at the same time. So, they want to stop the Doctor. That means they've got to get to this level, five hundred. Now, I can concentrate the extrapolator around the top six levels, five hundred to four nine five. So they'll penetrate the station below that at level four nine four and fight their way up.” Jack explained.
“Who are they fighting?” Davitch asked.
“Us.” Jack said.
“And what are we fighting with?” Davitch asked.
“The guards have guns with Bastic bullets. That’s enough to blow a Dalek wide open.” Jack explained.
“Jack what about bombs?” DD asked over hearing the conversation.
“Bombs would blow them up too. But we don’t have any.” Jack said.
DD smiled
“She does.” Doctor said not looking up from his work.
“How?” Jack asked.
“In my free time, I build bombs, you never know when this sort of thing will happen.” DD said.
“That’s how we escaped the Golems and she blew up their ship.” Rose explained.
“You let your daughter build bombs?” Jack asked amazed, “What kind of father are you?”
“Very new.” Doctor said, “And a good thing I let her.”
DD hurried into the TARDIS and grabbed all of her bombs and her remote. She touched the remote to each bomb to activate the bomb, all that anybody would have to do is aim the bomb at the target and the bomb will land on the target and explode.
She split her bombs up between everybody who was going to fight and explained how to work them.
“There's five of us.” The Woman said.
“Rose, you can help us. I need all these wires stripping bare.” Doctor said.
“Right, now there's four of us.” The Woman said.
“Then let's move it. Into the lift. Isolate the lift controls.” Jack said.
Lynda went up to the Doctor, Rose and DD knew Lynda had a crush on him. “I just want to say, er, thanks, I suppose, and I'll do my best.”
“Me too.” Doctor said with a smile.
They shook hands awkwardly and Lynda walked away.
Jack went up to the three, “It’s been fun… but I guess this is goodbye.”
“Don’t talk like that. The Doctor and DD are going to do it. Just watch.” Rose said with confidence.
“Rose, you are worth fighting for.” Jack said and he kissed her, “DD, you are quite the dancer and a ball of fire.” He kissed her too with a glare from Doctor. “Wish I'd never met you, Doctor. I was much better off as a coward.” He kissed the Doctor, he took a moment to look at all three of them, “See you in hell.” Then he hurried off towards the lift.
“He’s going to be all right, isn’t he?” Rose asked.
The Time Lords looked at each other then both put on happy faces for Rose’s sake.
“He’ll be fine.” DD said with a smile.
They began to work again in silence.
“Suppose.” Rose started.
“What?” Doctor asked.
“Nothing.” Rose said with a sigh.
“You said suppose.” Doctor said.
“I was just thinking… I mean, obviously you can’t… but… you’ve got a time machine… Why can’t you just go back to last week and warn them?” Rose asked.
“As soon as the TARDIS lands in that second… I become part of events… stuck in the timeline.” Doctor explained.
“Yah, thought it would be something like that.” Rose said with a sigh.
“There’s another thing we could do… we can go away… we could leave and let history take its course.” DD suggested.
“But would you two ever do that?” Rose asked.
“No, we wouldn’t.” DD said shaking her head.
“But you could have asked… it never occurred to you did it?” Doctor asked.
“Well, I’m just too good.” Rose said with a smirk
There was a noise.
“The Delta Wave's started building. How long does it need?” Doctor asked.
Everybody ran over to the console and the Doctor and DD look at it but don’t say anything.
“Is that bad?” Rose asked.
Doctor and DD look at each other with worry in their eyes.
“Ok, it’s bad… how bad is it?” Rose asked.
Everybody was quiet for a minute, DD and Doctor trying to think of what to do.
“Rose Tyler, you're a genius!” Doctor burst out.
DD and Rose were shocked at what the Doctor said.
“We can do it. If I use the TARDIS to cross my old timeline. Yes!” Doctor was excited, “Come on.”
“Dad what are you up to?” DD thought to herself.
They entered the TARDIS
“Hold that down and keep position.” Doctor instructed Rose.
“What's it do?” Rose asked.
“Cancels the buffers.” Doctor said, “DD, press that button over there… you’re going to learn how to fly this thing. If I'm very clever and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant, I might just save the world. Or rip it apart.”
“I'd go for the first one.” Rose said.
“Me too. Now, I've just got to go and power up the Game Station. Hold on” Doctor said.
“Power up the Game Station?” DD thought, “That didn’t make sense.”
DD gasped once she figured it out. The Delta Wave was going to destroy everything in its path, the Daleks, everybody on the ship and Earth down below. He tricked the girls into the TARDIS. That was his plan.
“NO!” DD screamed and she hurried towards the door
Before she got to the door though, it was shut and locked.
“DAD OPEN UP!” DD yelled.
“Doctor, what're you doing?” Rose asked through the door.
DD had tears in her eyes, “He locked us in here.” DAD LET ME OUT! THIS IS MY BATTLE TOO. THEY’RE MY ENEMY TOO. I’M A TIME LADY. LET ME OUT” She was banging on the TARDIS doors.
The TARDIS started moving.
“NO DAD PLEASE.” DD begged.
“DOCTOR LET US OUT. THE TARDIS IS MOVING.” Rose begged and was banging on the doors with DD
A hologram appeared.
“This is Emergency Program One. Rose, DD, now listen, this is important. If this message is activated, then it can only mean one thing. We must be in danger. And I mean fatal. I'm dead or about to die any second with no chance of escape.” The hologram of the Doctor said.
“NO” Both girls yelled at the hologram.
“And that's okay. Hope it's a good death. But I promised to look after you Rose, and I don’t want anything to happen to you DD. The TARDIS is taking you home.” Hologram Doctor said.
“NO MY HOME IS WITH YOU.” DD yelled at the Hologram.
“I won't let you.” Rose said with a glare.
“And I bet the two of you are fussing and moaning now. Typical, you two are so much alike. But hold on and just listen a bit more. The TARDIS can never return for me. Even if you knew how to drive it DD. Emergency Program One means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine. So this is what you should do. Let the TARDIS die. Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And over the years, the world'll move on and the box will be buried. DD live your life as a human. Look up one of your relatives, Susan Foreman. She’s a Time Lady who decided to live the human life. And if you want to remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing” The Hologram looked both of them in the eye. “Have a good life. Do that for me. Have a fantastic life.”
The hologram flickered out.
“YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO US. YOU CAN’T. TAKE US BACK. TAKE US BACK” Rose yelled then turned to DD. “CAN’T YOU DRIVE THIS THING? YOU’RE A TIME LADY.”
DD was trying, she knew she wouldn’t be able to, in order to fly a TARDIS you have to have had to look inside the Time Vortex. Which she never has.
“I can’t.” DD was in tears.
They landed and the engine stopped, the girls opened the doors and they were on Earth.
“Are we in your time?” DD asked.
Rose nodded, “Powell Estate.”
A minute later they saw somebody running towards them.
“I knew it! I was all the way down Clifton Parade, and I heard the engines. I thought, there's only one thing that makes a noise like that.” Mickey started then saw the girls crying, “What is it?”
Rose wrapped her arms around Mickey.
“What did I miss?” Mickey asked, “Where’s the Doctor?”
DD was still crying, “200,000 years in the future… he’s going to sacrifice himself… the Delta Wave is going to destroy everything around it… The Daleks, everybody on the station… Earth… everything”
“What is she on about?” Mickey asked Rose. “I’m calling Jackie.”
“I have to find a way to get back there.” DD said and she hurried back into the TARDIS and down into the library, she was searching through all the books that might tell her something about flying the TARDIS
After about fifteen minutes, Rose found her in the Library with no luck.
“Come on, my mum wants to take us out to eat.” Rose said.
“I can’t eat, not when I know…”DD started.
“I know… we’ll think of something.” Rose said.
Rose led DD out of the TARDIS and introduced her to Jackie.
Jackie knew DD needed some comfort too and she hugged her.
“Come on, let’s go get something to eat, food makes everything better.” Jackie said trying to brighten their moods.
Jackie took them to a chicken place, DD and Rose didn’t really pay any attention to what they were saying. It sounded Mickey and Jackie were trying to distract them.
“Come on you two, have something to eat.” Jackie suggested.
“200,000 years in the future… he’s dying… there’s nothing we can do.” Rose said.
“Well, like you said two hundred thousand years. It's way off.” Jackie said.
“But it's not. It's now. That fight is happening right now, I should be up there with him. It’s my fight too. I’m a Time Lady. He’s fighting for the whole planet, I should do that too, and I'm just sitting here eating whatever these things are.” DD said picking one of the stick like things up.
“Chips.” Rose said.
“Listen to me. God knows I have hated that man, but right now, I love him and do you know why? Because he did the right thing. He sent Rose back to me... and he sent you here too DD because he loves you.” Jackie said.
“But what do I do every day, mum? What do I do? Get up, catch the bus, go to work, come back home, eat chips and go to bed? Is that it?” Rose asked.
“I don’t even belong on this planet, I’ve only been to this time twice. I don’t know what to do.” DD said.
“We’ll teach you how to be like the rest of us.” Mickey said.
“I can’t go back to that.” Rose said.
“Why, because you're better than us?” Mickey asked.
“No, I didn't mean that. But it was… It was a better life. And I don't mean all the travelling and seeing aliens and spaceships and things. That don't matter. The Doctor showed me a better way of living your life.” She looked at Mickey, “You know he showed you too. That you don't just give up. You don't just let things happen. You make a stand. You say no. You have the guts to do what's right when everyone else just runs away, and I just can't.” Rose said and she stood up and ran out of the café.
DD stood up too, “That’s my dad out there, he’s sacrificing his life for all of humankind, if I can find a way to save him, I will. I’m a Time Lady, I am very clever… I will find a way to fly the TARDIS.” She ran to catch up to Rose.
DD went back to the library to do more research, there just had to be a way to get back to her dad. After a while she was too lost in thought to notice the TARDIS was moving because a big yellow recovery truck was hooked up to the TARDIS console with a chain. After a couple minutes she did feel the TARDIS moving, she put her book down, she wasn’t getting anywhere anyway. She hurried to the control room to see what the commotion was. What she saw shocked her, Rose was staring into the heart of the TARDIS and the TARDIS was moving in time.
“ROSE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” DD yelled but she was stuck. Like glued to her spot she was standing.
DD watched as Rose took in the light the heart of the TARDIS was giving her.
“Alert! TARDIS materializing!” A Dalek said.
“You will not escape” The Dalek Emperor commanded.
The TARDIS door burst open, DD is still stuck to her spot, Rose is bathed in a golden light.
“What've you done?” Doctor asked.
“I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me.” Rose said stepping out of the TARDIS.
“You looked into the Time Vortex. Rose, no human’s meant to see that.” Doctor said scared.
DD was carefully pushed out of the TARDIS next to her dad by an invisible force.
“This is the Abomination” Emperor said angrily.
“Exterminate” A Dalek said.
A beam of light headed towards Rose, she stopped it with her hand.
“I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words, I scatter them in time and space. A message to lead myself here.” Rose said.
“Rose, you've got to stop this. You've got to stop this now. You've got the entire vortex running through your head. You're going to burn.” Doctor said.
“I want you safe. My Doctor. Protected from the false god.” Rose said.
“You cannot hurt me. I am immortal.” Emperor said.
“You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence, and I divide them.” Rose said.
She made a Dalek crumble into dust
“All right.” DD said with a smile.
“This isn’t good, no human should ever look into the Time Vortex. Time Lords and Ladies do, but not at that exposure. And only when they are ready.” Doctor said scared.
“Everything must come to dust. All things. Everything dies. The Time War ends.” Rose said.
All the Daleks crumble into ash.
“I will not die. I cannot die.” Emperor said while his spaceship disappeared the same way the Daleks did.
DD now understood why her dad was so worried. “Rose ok, they’re gone, stop it, let go of it.”
“How can I let go of this? I bring life.” Rose said.
“But this is wrong. You can’t control life and death.” Doctor said.
“But I can. The sun and the moon, the day and night. But why do they hurt?” Rose asked looking at the Doctor.
“The power’s going to kill you and it’s my fault.” Doctor said.
“I can see everything. All that is, all that was, all that ever could be.” Rose said.
“That’s what I see. All the time. And doesn’t it drive you mad?” Doctor asked standing up.
“My head.” Rose cried.
“Come here.” Doctor said taking Rose’s hands.
“It's killing me” Rose cried in pain.
“I think you need a Doctor.” Doctor said with a smile and he kissed Rose.
DD watched in shock as the golden energy that was in Rose transferred from her to him. Then Rose fainted in his arms. Doctor laid Rose on the floor then faced the TARDIS door, then exhaled the energy back into the TARDIS.
“Dad are you ok?” DD asked.
“Everything is going to be fine.” Doctor said.
“Is she going to be ok?” DD asked.
“She might have a headache, but she’s going to be fine, she might not even remember what happened…which would be a good thing.” Doctor said. He picked Rose up and DD opened up the TARDIS, Doctor laid Rose down on the floor.
“So is anybody alive?” DD asked.
Doctor frowned and shook his head no, “The Daleks made it to me, Jack… was the last defense.”
“Oh.” DD said sad.
It was silent for a moment.
DD nodded, “Dad.”
“Yes?” Doctor said. Pushing buttons to make the TARDIS go.
“Don’t do that to me again.” DD said seriously.
“DD.” Doctor said.
“What?” DD asked.
“As your father, I will do any and everything in my power to protect you. That is what dads do.” Doctor said seriously.
Rose woke up, “What happened?”
“Don’t you remember?” Doctor asked.
“It’s like there was this… singing.” Rose said.
“That’s right. I sang a song and the Daleks ran away.” Doctor joked.
“I was at home… No… I was in the TARDIS… there was this light…I can’t remember anything else.” Rose said.
“That’s probably a good thing.” DD said.
The doctor looked worried.
“Dad what’s wrong?” DD asked.
“Girls… I was going take you to so many places. Barcelona. Not the city Barcelona, the planet Barcelona. You'd love it. Fantastic place. They've got dogs with no noses.” Doctor started laughing, “Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke, and it's still funny.” Doctor said laughing again.
“Then, why can't we go?” Rose asked.
“Maybe you will, and maybe I will. But not like this.” The Doctor said with a smirk.
“You're not making sense.” DD said.
“I might never make sense again. I might have two heads, or no head. Imagine me with no head. And don't say that's an improvement.” Doctor said.
DD chuckled at that.
“But it's a bit dodgy, this process. You never know what you're going to end up with.” Doctor said and doubled over in pain.
“DAD” DD yelled the same time Rose yelled, “DOCTOR.”
“Stay away… Both of you” Doctor demanded.
“Dad, tell me what's going on.” DD said.
“I absorbed all the energy of the Time Vortex, and no one's meant to do that.” Doctor grimaced in pain. “Every cell in my body's dying.” Doctor said.
“Can't you do something?” Rose asked.
“Yeah, I'm doing it now. DD take notes, this will be on a test… Time Lords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death.” Doctor grimaced in pain. “Except it means I'm going to change, and I'm not going to see you again.”
The girls gasped.
“Not like this. Not with this daft old face. And before I go.” Doctor started.
“Don't say that.” Rose said.
“Before I go, I just want to tell you, you two were brilliant, and fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I.” Doctor said and a bright golden light burst out of him everywhere imaginable
“DAD!” DD yelled not knowing what the hell her dad was talking about.
They watched as the Doctor’s face changed in the golden light and then the light stopped.
The girls looked at him weird. This guy looked nothing like the Doctor they knew, this guy was skinnier and had nice hair.
“Hello. Ok… Ooh… new teeth… that’s weird… So… where was I? Oh, that’s right… Barcelona.” Doctor said with a smile.
The girls were still looking at him weird.
Sign up to rate and review this story