Had to make some changes to the premise; see author's notes
(#) datbenik513 2014-01-24 02:48:33 PMHi there,
I'm somewhat devastated by your decision to abandon this story. Don't want to sound as a screaming fangirl (being a 45-year old father of two that wouldn't be easy anyway) but I immensely enjoyed this, as long as it was up and running.
I really liked the language, the flow, the setup, all those things that distinguish your story from the illiterate grey mass on this archive.
I would have loved to see more on:
- Reggie's sorting and the house he was sorted into (hopefully not Slytherin)
- if Regulus ever succeded to repair his marriage
Couple technical questions:
1. Even when presumed dead, when you feel the Mark burning you're expected to go, ain't it? Was Regulus never summoned, all these years?
2. Physically removing the Mark wouldn't help as its magic binds with your core.
3. Many more that, unfortunately, will never be answered.
I still hope somewhere, deep inside, that you find the inspiration to continue this. If not, well, I can always read your other stories, right?
(Harmony, Harry/Fleur, Harry/Luna AU shipper)
Author's responseFirst of all, thank you so very much for the kind words and criticism! This story has never truly left my thoughts, and I do plan to return and finish it once I work out a full plot. And to answer your question, Reggie ends up getting sorted into Ravenclaw :)
If I can get this story done; I may even try writing a story of Reggie’s second year (working title: The Dog and the Fox) during which, of course, his uncle Sirius escapes from Azkaban. I know this story is far from perfect, but when I rewrite it I’ll do everything I can to make it as a great as it can possibly be.
I also have plans for posting a oneshot about Regulus and Lorraine set during the late 1980s. Would anyone like to read that?