Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're the one that I need, I'm the one that you loathe

We are the Nobodies

by XenaTheBean 2 reviews

Gerard's dislike for Frank is unexplained, and it's making things hard for everyone.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-11-13 - Updated: 2013-11-28 - 2468 words

0Unrated
Before we start, I should probably warn everyone that there's going to be bad language throughout this story. If you might be offended by several thousand f-bombs, please just close this tab, and you probably shouldn't come back. If you're not offended, then welcome. Enjoy my shitty little high school eventual frerard story.

Frank was one of the kids that just blended in. Not nerdy or anything, but definitely not popular. Just someone who stood overlooked in the background. He didn't mind it that way though, in fact he liked it. Mikey and Ray were two other kids in the same position. The three of them were really good friends, and they rarely spent time with anyone other than each other. Mikey had been best friends with Ray since they were little kids, and then they sort of adopted Frank into their group when he was the new kid at their high school, so like a year ago.

Frank had no problems with West Cade High, it was the only place he'd started to settle down at. He'd been to a lot of other schools throughout his life, and was moved around a lot because of the endless fights he got into. He was assertive when he needed to be. And although he kept his head down, he wouldn't just let himself get pushed around. He was picked on a lot for his height, but after all the warnings from teachers, he'd started to understand how to control his anger. He let the insults roll over him and just laughed them off, before walking on calmly. But that was before he met Gerard.

Gerard was, inconveniently enough, Mikey's brother. And he also happened to be a massive douche who spent his free time picking on Frank, trying to get a reaction. It wasn't like Gerard was sporty or anything, and he didn't fall into the usual 'jock' stereotype, but he was in with the popular kids. Which meant that kids like him shouldn't be seen talking to kids like Frank. Considering how this was taking place in the modern ages, it would be nice to think that a social rule like that disappeared long ago. This wasn't a 90's teen movie, after all. But at West Cade High, these basic high school rules still existed. So in general, kids like Gerard picked on kids like Frank. And that's just the way it was.

Frank just tried to avoid Gerard all the time. But it was kind of hard, what with Gerard being in several of Frank's lessons, and also the fact that their lockers were right next to each other. As well as this, Frank always tried to decline Mikey's invitations to hang out at his house. The only times he agreed to go over was when Gerard was out. Which was, fortunately, most of the time. So that day, when Mikey asked Frank if he wanted to come over after school, Frank agreed, because Mikey promised him that Gerard was at Billie's house, and wouldn't be home until late.

“So after school, you're definitely coming round mine then?” Mikey checked with Frank, for the 237429th time.
“Oh my God, for the 237429th time, yes, ok.” Frank replied exasperatedly.
“Good,” Mikey said ,”Because I'm still sort of in awe that you're agreeing. It's like, you never come round anymore. What with Gerard and everything...” he finished, trailing off.
“I don't blame him though. I mean, your brother's a dick.” Ray interrupted.
“I know ok, I don't know what's up with him lately. Fuck, my Biology class starts in like 30 seconds.” Mikey said, as he checked his phone. He went off in the direction of the Science block, leaving Frank and Ray stood by the lockers.
“Shit, I left my guitar in the wrong music room. I'll be right back.” Ray said.
Frank sighed, knowing that once again, he was being left alone. He turned to his locker, searching for a book he needed.

“I heard you talking about me, you know,” said a voice Frank really couldn't be bothered with dealing with at that point in time. “With my brother. And that guitar kid, calling me a dick.” the voice finished. Frank slammed his locker door and turned round, ready to walk away. He had payed attention in the anger management classes he used to have to take. Before he could exit, a foot appeared, almost making him trip.
“Leaving so soon?” Gerard asked.
“Seriously, just fuck off.” Frank replied through gritted teeth. He told himself to stay calm.
“Language.” Gerard tutted. Frank took slow, deep breaths. Just like they taught him in anger management. “Looks like you're about to lose your shit, Iero. I can see why they had you on the special list.” Gerard taunted. Frank could not keep it up. He was dangerously close to letting his fist fly out and punch Gerard hard in the face. But he knew he couldn't. He wasn't going to let an imbecile like Gerard Way get to him. He stared straight ahead and walked off briskly, tearing through the corridor even though he had no idea where he was actually going.

His next lesson was English, something that he could do with missing seeing how his desk was placed dangerously near to Gerard's. Instead of going to the lesson, he went off to his usual spot behind the bike shed. You'd think it'd be the first spot teachers would go to find missing pupils, but no, Frank had successfully hidden out there pretty much every week since he started at West Cade. It was fall, so pretty cold to be hanging around outside. Frank shivered slightly as he sat down. Cigarette butts, mostly his own, surrounded him. His breath steamed up and was visible in the air as he lit a smoke, inhaling deeply. “Smoking's bad for you, Iero.” he heard someone, guess who, say.
“Jesus Christ do you fucking stalk me or something?” Frank asked, irritably.
“Oh shit, I got found out!” Gerard said, in mock horror.
“Seriously, though.” Frank said, narrowing his eyes.
“You want serious? Well, to tell the truth I was hurt that you just ran off like that when I was just trying to have a nice conversation. So when you weren't in English, I figured you'd be here.” Gerard replied matter-of-factly.
“But how do you know I come here? You do fucking stalk me. But I don't want you here, I can't be dealing with this right now so please just kindly fuck off.” Frank said. He was not in a good mood, but he never was when Gerard was around. “Why do you hate me so much?” Gerard asked, genuinely interested. He sat down next to Frank. Frank turned away.
“Why do you think? Ever since I started at this school you've gone out of your way to make hell for me. I've had enough. Leave okay, you're obviously only here to try and annoy me.” Frank snapped.
“You think I make hell for you? Oh please.” Gerard laughed. He snatched the cigarette from Frank's hand and took a long drag. “What the fuck?” Frank asked, speechless.
“Yeah I should go.” Gerard said suddenly, getting up and brushing himself off. “Nice taking to you.” he said, before leaving. Frank's head was still reeling from what had just happened. Fucking hell, Gerard Way had just managed to have a conversation with Frank without insulting him. Was Frank dreaming?

Just then, the bell rang. “Thank fuck.” Frank sighed. It was lunch, when he could finally join Mikey and Ray. “Where the fuck have you been?” Ray asked, as Frank came in through the outside door.
Not even Ray or Mikey knew about Frank's spot behind the shed, so how did Gerard know? Frank shrugged, which was a good enough answer for Ray. The three of them went off to the music block. There were several practice rooms available for students to use – small soundproofed rooms that each contained a piano, some chairs, and occasionally a guitar. No-one else ever went down there during lunch period, so the three guys had pretty much all of it to themselves. Despite this, they always chose the practice room at the end. They ate their lunch in there, then usually listened as Ray experimented with the guitars. He was really good, and had even taught Frank a few chords. That day though, they just sat on the chairs and spoke after they finished their food.

“Hey Mikey, how come your brother's acting really strange today?” Frank asked.
“Is he? What do you mean, like, he was normal this morning. Well I mean like, how he normally acts. Because believe me, that guy is far from normal.” Mikey said.
“Just now, he like, managed a whole conversation with me with no insults or nothing.” Frank replied.
“Weird. Maybe he's in a good mood because of his new girlfriend or something, I don't know.” Mikey said.
“What? How? How the fuck did that guy manage to get a girlfriend?” Ray asked in disbelief.
“I ask myself the same thing. But he's been seeing her for a few weeks now. Like, a month. But they made it official the other day. It's Lisa Monroe, okay, and she's a fucking bitch.” Mikey explained.
“Well, douches attract douches.” Ray pointed out.
“I know right. She's round our house like all the time now, and I have to live with it. Y'know, just one year ago my brother didn't even have friends, let alone girlfriends.” Mikey replied.
“I know, it's crazy how much he changed.” Ray said.
“Wait... You mean your brother hasn't always been king jackass like he is today?” Frank asked
“Mikey, you should explain to Frank about Gerard.” Ray said.
“Agreed Ray, I should. It's about time. So yeah, like a year ago Gee was this geeky loner kid, dressed fully in black all the time and spent his life painting and listening to awesome bands like The Misfits, and basically the bands us guys love. Then he met this guy Billie, y'know Billie Armstrong? And they were like best friends, but Billie was a 'popular'. And then suddenly it was like, overnight, he transformed and then cut his hair and stripped it of the black dye. He quit with all the art, and comics, and everything, and Billie introduced him to people in the popular crowd. I don't think they registered that Gee was the same loner kid they previously bullied because he looked so different. And then y'know, he sort of made friends with more of them until he was one of them. And that, is how Gee progressed into Gerard, the douchebag that we all know and hate today.” Mikey explained.
“Holy shit. I wonder what it was though, that made him change. Kids like how he was before don't usually just transform like that overnight. I wonder what it is with this Billie kid.” Frank said.
“I wonder the same thing. It really is a mystery.” Mikey said.
“Anyway guys, now that Frank's filled in I really think we should head back to main building.” Ray said, after he noticed the time on his phone.

Frank watched Lisa Monroe by the lockers. She was fairly short, like sort of around Frank's height. She had blonde hair that was backcombed so that it was fluffed up perfectly around her head. She had done cat eye flicks with her eyeliner really well, and she wore really tight gray skinny jeans with a chunky blue jumper and ankle boots. Frank noticed Gerard walking towards her. He kissed her gently on the cheek and she smiled up at him. As the two of them walked away, Gerard looked back at Frank and smirked. “Shit.” Frank thought. Gerard had caught him looking.
“Do you even know how much of a bitch she is?” Mikey asked, who Frank hadn't noticed standing next to him. “She takes the piss out of my hair all the time.” Ray said sadly.
“That's not all. She's just not a nice person – she treats everyone around her like shit. She's used to having her own way – she's an only child of a single parent dad who spoils the shit out of her. And when Gee doesn't act exactly how she wants, she does this disgusting pout and talks in this stupid voice. My parents hate her as well.” Mikey said.
“Well, like Ray here said, douches deserve douches.” Frank pointed out.

After school, Frank and Mikey headed back to Mikey's house. “And, just checking, you're certain Gerard won't be there?” Frank triple checked. He was very paranoid.
“Relax okay, calm the fuck down. When he's round Billie's he never gets home early ok, just trust me.” Mikey said. They headed up to Mikey's room, and started playing Mikey's Smashing Pumpkins CD. Not long after, they heard a banging at the door. “It's a bit early for your parents to be home, right?” Frank asked.
“Mikes, turn that shit down.” screeched Gerard's voice. Frank froze in horror. Before Mikey could reach the volume knob, Gerard swung open the door. “Mike- oh, I didn't realize you were here.” Gerard said rudely, emphasizing the 'you'. Billie was stood there with him.
“'Sup faggots.” Billie said, nodding.
“How come you're listening to this shit?” Gerard asked, looking at the CD player.
“You fucking dick. You used to love these guys, you were even the one who introduced them to me, but now you're fucking selling out everything you believed in just to impress the populars. I've had enough.” Mikey snapped. Gerard looked taken aback.
“Selling out's not cool, man.” Billie joked.
“What the fuck Mikey. None of that is true.” Gerard said, watching Billie carefully.
“You know it's true. The only person you're lying to is yourself.” Mikey said.
“You know what Mikes? Fuck you. Fuck you too Iero.” Gerard said.
“You're so confusing, Gerard. I don't get you, like you were acting halfway decent to me earlier and now suddenly you're being a massive douche again.” Frank spat.
“Oh my God, I don't know what the fuck that kid is on.” Gerard told Billie. “Honestly Iero, what the fuck is wrong with you?” he asked.
“More like what's wrong with you.” Frank muttered.
“Yep. Now fuck off you two.” Mikey told them. Gerard walked away, scowling back at them. Billie followed.

“Mikey, you promised me.” Frank said.
“Yeah, sorry. I forgot to mention that sometimes Billie comes back here instead.” Mikey said apologetically.
“I should be heading home.” Frank replied, before leaving. He walked home feeling angry and upset. He didn't know what was going on with Gerard. But over and over again in his head as he walked, he kept repeating the same four words.

Fuck you Gerard Way.
Sign up to rate and review this story