Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9 > A Father and Daughters Journey

Get Zane Back

by KasashiMaru 0 reviews

Zidane and his daughter set up with their friends to go save Zane, will they get him back or not?

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Adelbert Steiner, Amarant Coral, Baku, Beatrix, Blank, Cinna, Doctor Tot, Eiko Carol, Freya Crescent, Garland, Garnet Til Alexandros, Hilda, Kuja, Marcus, Mikoto, Quina Quen, Regent Cid, Ruby, Sir Fratley, Vivi Ornitier, Zidane Tribal - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-07 - 1248 words

0Unrated
Mission: Get Zane Back!(a.k.a. Chapter 3)
Zidane and his daughter were on the Invincible getting a lecture from both Garnet and Steiner. Beatrix was dressing Sally in her armor and braiding her white hair tight to her head. Jupiter was sleeping on the deck after he had a quicky with Diane. He was in the same clothing as his father except his sword laid right by his side. Diane wore the exact same thing as her father, which was his bandit clothing. She looked annoyed while her father just ignored his wife.

"Look we'll be fine. We will send a letter from great Uncle Cid when we get to Lindblum." Diane explained to her angry mother.

"But I don't want you or Sally to go and Steiner would agree with me." Garnet argued.

"That's only because Sally is his daughter and he's a suck up, your highness." Beatrix added as Sally giggled.

"I side with her!" Zidane and Diane said together.

"Fine! Go and be safe. Keep Zane with you just in case Garland intends to return again." Garnet said leaving the ship with Steiner at her tail.

"Good luck all of you and Diane try to keep Jupiter off of you until your back home and married." Beatrix said while she was hugging her daughter good-bye. Beatrix slowly found her way off the ship.

"Okay Beatrix, see you when we get back." Diane yelled as Zidane started the ship. It lifted slowly. It turned towards the continent where Mt. Gulug was located and sped off.

On the ship everyone was silent, except Jupiter's constant snoring. Sally looked at Diane and remembered something. "Hey, you didn't realize Jupiter called your brother a twerp, did you?" Sally asked as Diane eyes widened.

"He did!"

"Yeah, right in front of your face too."

"Oh no, no, no! No one and I mean NO ONE, calls my Brother a twerp and gets away with it! Not even my fiancé! He's gonna get it now!" Diane yelled marching madly to the deck.

Sally chuckled. She knew exactly what to say in order to get Diane started. One thing she learned very fast about Diane was to never insult her brother if you know what's good for you. It's sort of a sisterly instinct. She smiled, this was going to be fun.

All too soon they heard screaming, a crash, and another line of screams before Jupiter came running in with a very angry Diane at his tail. They ran around the bridge several times before Diane threw the sheath of her knife at Jupiter's head. It hit him hard and knocked him out. Sally busted out laughing as Diane started berating an unconscious Jupiter.

Zidane was in his own little world, thinking to himself. 'Garland. Why and how did you come back to life? And most of all how did you get out of the world that was destroyed? I mean I heard you hit the ground, so did Kuja.' His thoughts quickly turned to his abducted son. 'Now Zane be brave, Daddy and Sissy are coming to rescue you with two of your friends.' Zidane thought to himself while he watched out the large window in front of him.

At Mt. Gulug

Zane had regained consciousness. It took him a few seconds to realize that he was moving even though his body wasn't. It took him another few seconds to realize that someone was carrying him. That's when it all came back.

He remembered that he saw that creepy man enter his room in a flash of light. He screamed but the man waved his hand and said something that made him sleepy. That's the last thing he remembered.

That's when whoever was carrying him stopped moving. He realized that the person carrying him was the man he saw in his room. He began kicking and screaming. He successfully broke out of the man's grip. Before he hit the ground, Garland encased him in a ball of energy.

Garland levitated the orb so that it floated behind him. He smiled.

"My, aren't you a feisty one."

The man scarred Zane, but he tried not to show it."My Daddy's going to kick your butt for taking me like you did. You know, I'm his only son and he'll come to save me!" Zane yelled bravely even though his legs were shaking uncontrollably.

"Oh will you be quiet! You are not as brave as you say you are, so I'd keep quiet if I were you." Garland threatened as Zane coward in his ball. "Now that's better. You keep quiet while I just open up the entrance." He turned to the destroyed entrance to Mt. Gulug.

"But it collapsed; you can't get it open, unless you turn back time." Zane said as Garland slumped his shoulders.

"Fine then, we'll just wait here." Garland said giving up.

"Maybe we should have gone to the Iifa Tree instead." Zane said as Garland let out a groan.

Back on the Invincible

"We are almost there girls." Zidane announced as Jupiter woke up.

"They have to be waiting at the entrance, since the mountain collapsed." Diane said looking at the white continent.

"Yes, so prepare for battle you three." Zidane ordered watching them run to there rooms. They came back out several minutes later carrying their weapons.

"Ready!" Sally yelled happily as the ship landed near the mountain.

They walked into Esto Gaza and were stopped by the preacher. "You have returned after eighteen years?" The bishop asked his old face aging with every word.

"Yes, but now I have to rescue my son instead of my friend." Zidane said happily.

"Are you going to destroy the city this time?" The bishop asked blocking the way.

"No, mayor, but I need to get to my son before his kidnapper kills him." Zidane said seriously, grabbing Diane and pulling her through the small walkway against the fountain. The other two followed suit and caught up to the father and daughter.

They rushed up the three flights of stairs and found Garland desperately trying to cast a spell on Zane, but it reflected off of the small boy.

"You know you suck. My mother casts better spells." Zane said bravely as another spell reflected off of him.

Zidane giggled while watching Garland TRY to curse his son. Diane watched her father and then looked at Zane. "Dude what are you doing?" Diane asked watching Garland turn to them. "Don't you know his barrier blocks all magical attacks?"

"You know you should try to get your power back before you make threats... Oh god this is good! Garland trying to hurt Zane and he can't even get past the barrier." Zidane laughed as Garland disappeared.

"I will return Zidane. Stronger and meaner than before." Garland warned from the air. Zidanes response was only to laugh harder.

"Dad, we should be a little serious about his "new threat." Diane said popping Zane's bubble with a little knife. Zane screamed briefly as he hit the ground. Diane picked him up and hugged him.

"I was fine! He couldn't touch me or curse me! I was brave! Just like you Father!" Zane bragged which made Zidane smile brightly.

"You are very brave, son. Okay let's pack up and head to Lindblum." Zidane said grabbing Zane. He led the kids back to the ship. Once there, he put Zane in his room, locked the door, and went to pilot the Invincible.
Sign up to rate and review this story