Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 4: Reasons to Stay

by sgSixx 0 reviews

Seth finds reasons to live

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [Y] - Published: 2013-11-23 - Updated: 2014-01-16 - 5378 words

1Ambiance
Chapter 4: REASONS TO STAY
June 1998-August 1998
Phoenix, Arizona

A month later Seth was settling into his new foster home. He planned to keep himself busy by learning how to play sports. He had signed up for them at his new school. It was nice having privacy again. The Greenwyns were nice enough. There werent alot of red flags to keep him on high alert. Maybe thats because he was too busy noticing the way their daughter Gwen noticed him. She flirted alot, or at least he thought it was flirting. Whatever it was he liked it. She was the first girl to ever look at him in this sort of way. He liked being noticed. He liked that she seemed to like him.
At only 13 he had already come through the other side of puberty. He had lost his boyish look. He had gotten much taller. He was already close to 6foot. His muscles had become more defined and thicker.he had noticed growth spurts in other places as well. He didnt seem his age. Life had forced him to grow up more rapidly than most.

By mid august Seth and Gwen were spending most of their time together. Seth went right along with her flirtations. He was a pubescent bot with raging hormones after all. It took him by surprise the first time she kissed him. He had no clue what he was doing but it only took him a few tries to figure it out. He soon kissed with the best of them. It wasnt long before they were sneaking into one anothers room and making out all night.
As the days went by Seth got less and less shy around Gwen. He found himself trying to push things further with her. He wasnt trying to have sex just yet, he had to work his way up to that. Right now it was just alot of heavy petting under the clothes. Gwen loved testing his boundaries. And seth didnt mind them being tested. Sometimes they got carried away and ended up completely naked. Seth had found something to look forward to every day. He knew Gwen was going to be his first. It was all a matter of timing really. If left up to Gwen it would have happened by now. But Seth was a tough cookie to break. He had barricade himself in a castle surrounded by a moat. He could see out a window but he hadnt found the crank to lower the drawbridge yet. He was trying. Gwen had something he wanted.
This was definately something to look forward to, lying naked with a girl. He wished he had thought of this 6 months ago when he had tried to kill himself. He was enamored at the way his stomach would flutter, his breathing hasten, and his heart would race when he was with Gwen. He was finding himself smiling all the time. Who knew something so simple could fix so much damage? Maybe ther was something in this life for him after all.

August 15,1998
Phoenix,Arizona

Seth lightly tip toed across the wood floor in Gwens room, careful not to make them creek. Gwen was sitting in her bed, naked, covered only by a sheet. A smile come to her face and she pat the side of the bed. Tonight was supposed to be the night. Gwen had finally loosened Seth up enough to take the final step. She had already been with two guys so she felt like some sort of expert. She did have twice the experience he had. Seth felt the butterflies start to flutter in his stomach as he sat on the edge of the bed. He was so nervous. Was he really going to do this? He didnt know what to do or expect. Would he embarrass himself? Would he be so bad that Gwen would never let him do it again? What should he even do first? Where did things go and what did you actually do with them when you got them there?
Gwen smiled at him provocatively as she inched down in the bed and lie down. "Get undressed," she whispered to him. It wasnt fair that she wasnt the least bit nervous. Seth shyly undressed as he sat on the edge of the bed. Gwen raised the side of the sheet for him to climb under. He slid under them feeling her heat. Gwen instantly started kissing him. He could feel her tugging at him to get on top of her. A moment later he could feel the fire from her thighs on both sides of his hips. He kissed her and tried to relax. His mind began to wander. Suddenly his moms friends named Jonh made sense. This what they did in Vera's room.
"Here," Gwen said shoving a condom at him, "Do you know how to put it on?"
Seth took it and nodded, "I got it," he shyly spoke sitting up on his knees. Gwen looked him over as he tore the package open with his teeth.
"Wow," She smiled examining what he had to offer. "you sure youre only 13?"
Seth slightly grinned. That made him feel a little bit more at ease. He unrolled the condom onto himself. It seemed to be on good. He hoped it was right. Gwen pulled him down on top of her and kissed him deeply. A moment later he could feel her hand on him, guiding him where he needed to go. Seth swallowed the lump in his throat as he looked down at her.He felt himself slide inside her. He closed his eyes and began slowly moving his hips. He let every detail sink in. He was having sex! Why had he ever wanted to die a virgin? In light of this new evidence everything was changing. The world and his place in it was all shiny and new. His pace picked up as the tension inside of him mounted. The bed began squeaking so he slowed his pace to a torturous slow grind. This was way better than when he did it himself. He wished time would stop and he could stay in this moment forever. However, a moment later the mood was ruined by the light in Gwens room coming on.
"I knew it!" he could hear Mr. Greenwyn yell sounding more than just angry as he stared in horror.
Just as Seth turned his head to look he felt knuckles going across his eye as gwen scrambled out from under him and began dressing. This was a first. It didnt even take him by surprise. He kind of figured he had that one coming. Still on his hands and knees he let a slight smile cross his lips as he glanced over his shoulder at Mr. Greenwyn.
"Dat it?" he asked. he had taken his fair share of punches. Kids his age hit harder than this guy.
"OH THAT IS IT! YOU ARE OUT OF HERE!"

August 1998-September 1998
Phoenix, Arizona

Seth was moved from the Greenwyn's house the next morning. Social services placed him with a Mexican family, the Garcia's. They ran a company that made clothes in a factory for retailers. The factory was run mostly by their relatives. Most of them were illegals from Mexico. They had one other foster living with them, a black boy named Damon Devon Davis. Seth took to Damon right away. He was so animated and funny about things. He talked differently than Seth, but in ways alot alike. Damon would become Seth's first friend ever.
Damon was the son of gang members. Both of his parents were doing time for gang related activity. His dad had 15 years for robbery. His mom had 35 years on drug and distribution charges. The state had taken Damon from them. Damon had told him stories of how he would go pick up the drugs his mom sold from the dealer over her. She convinced him it was safer for him to do it. So she would put a backpack on his back with a loaded gun in the waist of his pants and send him on his way. Damon would return with a pound of weed, an ounce of coke, two cookies of crack, and usually about 3,000 pills of different variety and color. Damon knew all about breaking drugs down for sell. He knew all the measurements. He knew how to cook crack. He knew how to cut cocaine. He knew the slang talk. He knew the prices. He had been a prodigal gangster thug in the making. Then the state came in.

"Yo dawg," Damon spoke as he and Seth ironed freshly made clothes in big industrial sized irons. The sweat poured off them as they pant in the stale air. "*'ma have to hit one a dees fine ass Latino bitches before they send my ass somewheres else."
Seth paused with his work and pulled off his sweat soaked T-shirt. Damon had been out of his for hours. The owners didnt care. Seth looked up at one of the Mexican girls across the way. Her eyes glanced up, feeling his eyes on her. She smiled at him and continued with her work. "Bet I's can get one first," Seth smirked with a smile.
"Oh?" Damon asked his pitch getting higher, "You thank you got game huh?"
Seth shyly smiled as he ironed. "Girls go for me."
"Word?" Damon asked in a questionable tone as he smiled coyly at Seth with his arms folded across his chest. "Well let me see ya shine dawg."
Seth smiled, "You's sure ya can take da dis'pointment?"
"Thank I can take it dawg," Damon sneered knowing Seth was all talk. The kid was too quiet and shy to get a girl.
"A'ite," he said raising his iron. "Is goin' for her," he said pointing to the girl who had smiled at him. She was pretty enough.
"Her?" Damon spoke in shock. She like 25 dawg! You aint gettin' no woman!" he put his hand over his mouth chuckling.
Seth glanced at him. "Watch back," he spoke confidently as he crossed the room with his shoulders back and his head high. The girl smiled to him, seeing him draw near. Seth pulled a towel from his back pocket and wiped the sweat from his face and neck
He gave her a cute half grin and parted his lips to speak. "Como esta Senorita?"
She looked up at him seeming surprised that he could speak spanish. She thought he was just some gringo. "Bien," she said looking back down at her sewing, "Y tu?" Her eyes went back up to his face. He had alot of scars on his otherwise handsome face. They didnt make him any less attractive that was for sure.
"Caliente," He spoke wiping away more sweat.
She bit the inside of her lip slightly as she watched his muscles ripple and define with each of his movements. She thought him to be at least 18. If she only knew he was just a few weeks from 14. "Ugh," she muttered, "Si, caliente."

September 1998-September 1999
Phoenix, Arizona

Seth and Damon were never able to start at the school they were supposed to. Instead two weeks befor school Immigration busted the Garcia's. Seth and Damon were taken into custody and handed back over to the state of Arizona. The boys spent the next year at the orphanage awaiting new placement. Mrs. Rhodes was delighted to see that Seth had made a friend. She didnt want them to be seperated. It took a long time to find them placement together.

Loud yells from the boys cafeteria suggested that a fight had broke out. From outside the huddle the gaurds couldnt make out what was going on. From inside the huddle Seth and Damon could be seen fighting two other boys. The kids all knew it was a hazing ritual of sorts to establish dominancy in the ranks. This always happened to new arrivals. You had to see what they were made of.
Seth soon felt himself being pulled away by guards. He glanced down as they toted him by his shoulders and could see blood on his hands and arms. It wasnt his. It belonged to the boy who had jumped him. The guards took he and Damon to isolation and threw them in seperate rooms. Seth could hear Damon trying to fight his way free and clearly losing.
Seth hated being back at the orphanage. He knew it meant having to fight all the time. He just knew he would end back up in the infirmary with another broken jaw, or worse. Things had been good since Gwen and since Damon. He knew this place was going to take it all away.

Six very long months crept by. Damon could see Seth crawling into a shell. He wasnt cracking jokes or smiling anymore. He wasnt eating much. He had let himself go. He never seemed to notice girls anymore. He kept having nightmares he wouldnt talk about. He was worried for Seth.
"Seth," Damon nudged him as they sat on bleachers waiting for the girls PE to be over. He examined Seth's face. He looked tired. He needed to shave. He had bed head. He seemed distracted and distant. "Dawg wuz up wit you?"
Seth sighed, "I dont know how much longa I's can take it up in 'ere dawg."
"Man," Damon tisked, "Its gettin' better."
"You's call 3 trips ta da infirm'ry an 6 times in ISO in da last month betta?" Seth asked with a wrinkled forehead.
"Yeah," Damon nodded, Hit wuz 7 trips to the infirmry an 10 time in ISO da firs' month."
Seth sighed seeing that Damon wasnt taking him seriously. But things never bothered Damon.
"You know what dawg," Damon began, "you should let dat skill a yours wit da ladies get its shine on dawg. Show dees fools who in charge."
Seth frowned, "Now you's jus wants us ta die."
"Naw dawg...aint nobody dyin'. Trusts me. Jus start doin' ya thang. They's aint even gonna wanna fight you. They's gonna axe you how ya done it. Trust me dawg."

Ironically, Damon was right. Seth started turning girls heads with very little effort on his part. It was magical to watch him. Damon was amazed at his gift. All he had to do was look at them and they came running. Seth became quite popular and the fighting came to a hault. After all was said and done Seth had added 11 notches to his bedpost. He was like a magnet to girls. Damon couldnt complain, Seth always had left overs.

October 1999-February 2000
Phoenix, Arizona

At 15 Seth and Damon were sent to live with a registered nurse. She was 38, divorced, and had no kids. She was Latino. Her hair was long and curly in shades of chocolate, walnut, and caramel. Hey eyes were the color of amber and honey. She worked at Phoenix Memorial. The boys liked it at her house. She worked late at night and on weekends. Seth and Damon pretty much had free range of the house. What two 15 year old boys wouldnt like a set up like that?
Seth and Damon both noticed the way that Donna looked at Seth. It was the way that everything female looked at him, like she wanted him. The last 6 months at the orphanage had turned Seth into quite the flirt. He was good at it, he could be subtile and charming or brash and forward, depending on the girl and the circumstance. Seth flirted with Donna, slightly at first, and Donna seemed not to mind it. Each time Seth would go a little further with it. They all three knew it was just a matter of time before things evolved past flirting.
Leave it to Seth to be trying to sleep with his foster mom. Damon's only concern was that he didnt screw it all up. He really liked it at Donna's. If Seth started doing her and made her mad, what would happen? Would he get thrown to the curb too? He didnt want that. Yet, he could already see the wheels in motion in the way those two flirted with one another. Donna had already taken up calling Seth, Papi. Things were moving pretty fast. Damon prayed that Seth layed it to her so good that she would never want him to leave. That way he could stay too

Damon and Seth sat on the sidewalk in front of Donna,s house, rolling dice. Seth, as usual, was winning. He either had the best accuracy of anyone or the best luck ever. Damon NEVER won. It was starting to bore him to play when he knew he was going to lose. Still, there wasnt much else to pass the time, other than listening to music or making fun of one another. Damon liked to tease Seth about his attraction to Donna
"Shit," Damon snapped as he threw his money on the ground.
"I's win dawg," Seth smirked in a little song like manner, as he picked the cash up off the ground. He reached over and switched tracks to the CD player by him.
Damon listened as this song started out sounding as weird as the last one. The songs were just layer on top of layer of noise. The singer would sometimes be singing so soft you couldn't hear, or he would be screaming, sometimes it sounded like he was having sex with the microphone. "Dawg! What dis cracker shit you be listenin' to?" He asked shaking his head.
"Halo," Seth shrugged, "Trey Reynolds got a tight ass voice dawg. I likes how he be screamin' on minute an whisperin' da next."
Damon picked up one of his CDs and leaned over to the eject button. "Dis bullshit you be listenin' to aint gots no beat dawg." His CD began bassing from the speakers. "See," he smiled starting to bob his head. "Ya feelin' dat? Feel good dont it? Make ya wanna bob dat white head a yours dont it?"
Slowly Seth did start getting into the music. He liked it. It did make him wanna move.
"So," damon said picking up the dice, "You fuck Donna yet?"
Seth smiled. "Is workin on it dawg. Shes let me kiss 'er goodnight last night in 'er doorway." Seth stopped a moment to reminisce. He had only planned to innocently say goodnight. Yeah, it was flirty, but he hadnt gone there with the intent of kissing her. He was just leaning on her doorframe, then the next thing he knew her fingertip was tracing the scar on his lip. He didnt want her to ask him how he got it so he did the only thing he knew to do to keep her from asking. He kissed her. And boy she kissed him back.
"You know dat shits illegal right?" Damon chuckled with a half jealous sneer.
"Only if we's get caught," Seth shrugged with a smile, playfully hitting Damon in the arm. Seth perked up noticing Donna's car pull into the driveway. "Donna home early."
"She probably jus grabbin' somethin'," Damon shrugged it off.
She parked the car and got out. "Damon," she called out to him, "would you mind running some errands for me? I'll let you drive my car," she smiled.
"Yeah!" Damon said excitedly as he jumpped up, tugging at the waist of his baggy jeans. Donna tossed him the keys and gave him some money and a piece of paper with things written on it. He quickly scrambled into the drivers seat and backed out of the driveway.
Donna looked over to Seth and smiled at him. It seemed a little different than normal. It sort of intimidated Seth and gave him butterflies. "Come on Papi," she motioned with her head to the house.
Seth got up off the sidewalk and straightened his clothes. He walked up to her and he daunting smile and just looked at her a bit confused. He was waiting for her to say something but she didnt. She instead turned and started up the walkway to go inside. Seth paused a moment then followed her from two paces behind. She opened the door then turned to look at him. She walked in with him at her heels like a dog waiting for a command. Donna approached the stairway. She reached out for his hand and took it, leading him up the stairs. Seth didnt really know what to make of it. Where were they going? Why was she being so quiet, and what was that smile all about? He was a bit surprised when she led him into her bedroom. He did his best to play it cool. He was pretty sure he understood her general intent. He walked in and sat on the end of her bed looking up at her with a half grin trying to turn on his charm. It must have worked because she was soon kneeling over to kiss him. He kissed by the book. Was he that experienced she wondered. She ran her hand under his shirt to feel his body. She was so in love with his perfect young body. He was not built like a 15 year old. He already had a patch of hair on his chest that lead downward in a thin trail. He looked like a grown man.
Seth sat staring at her with a provocative half grin. He had seen this coming for months. He was prepared. He leaned forward grabbing Donna by her hips and pulling her down on top of him. He tilted his head kissing her again with all of his best efforts. His hands ran down her sides to the hem of her shirt. He began pulling it upward and over her head. She wasted no time in getting his shirt off him too. Seth rolled her over onto her back and began kissing her bare flesh. Donna was impressed to see him doing so well. She expected him to be more inexperienced and shyer. Seth's hands reached down to unfasten her pants as she quickly jerked at his too. Seth watched as her eyes fell on him to see what a 15 year old had to offer. By now Seth knew he was working with plenty. His smile widened as he could read her face and tell she was impressed.
"You's got rubba's," he asked. "I aint gots none."
"Its ok Papi, Im on the pill," she smiled to him.
Seth liked the idea of that. He could do as he wished and not have to worry about getting her pregnant. He had never had sex without a condom before. She tugged at him to get on top of her. He obliged her...for about 3 minutes. However he was young and required no time to recuperate. He was still ready and willing to keep going without missing a beat. Donna being on the pill was awesome for him.
"Aye Papi...you move so good," she moaned grabbing his arms.
Seth smiled down to her. He liked hearing he was good. It was an ego boost coming from a grown experienced woman that would know. The noises she was making seemed to suggest she was telling him the truth. As it turns out she was quite vocal in bed. All the other girls he had been with were timid and quiet. Donna was like a wild animal ready to devour him.
"Its ok to try some other positions if you want," she pant.
"Like what?" Seth curiously asked. This was the only one he had ever done. Donna must have been talking about some of the things he had seen in Jake's porn before.
"Like me on top," she smiled shoving him onto his back and climbing on top of him. He couldnt help but grab at her hips as she began grinding on top of him. This was fucking awesome! Girls just had never been like this with him. They all just lay there. Maybe they would moan or scratch his back. But Donna moved. She talked. She was a totally different experience for him.
Donna began to moan out dirty talk that Seth didnt even understand the meaning of. Half of it was in English, The rest Spanish. Seth could translate it but what did it mean? Seth started moving his hips to match Donna's rhythm. Her dirty talk got even more agressive as her fingernails dug into his stomach. He didnt let it falter his performance. Moments later Donna's body was becoming rigid. Seth stopped moving his hips thinking that something was wrong.
"AY dios Mio! Dont stop!" She panted and moaned loudly.
Seth did as he was told. Moments later she was moaning out again. It looked and sounded like she was in pain. She was stiff again. Against Seth's better judgement he didnt stop. Donna's body soon collapsed down on top of him breathing heavily. "You's a'ite?" he asked rather concerned. He didnt know what was wrong. The look on his face told Donna he was scared of what just happened.
She began laughing. "Im fine...just fine Papi." Her smile widened as she inhaled deeply. "Dont you know what you just did?"
"What I do?" He asked utterly clueless.
She chuckled to herself trying to remember that he was only 15. "You gave me an orgasm Papi...thats the point." She wanted him to understand that he did a good job.
"It is?" He didnt even know girls had those.
"You did good Papi...but you still have so much to learn."
"Yeah?" He asked with that devious half grin, "shows me."

In the months that followed Donna taught Seth all he could need to know about pleasing a woman. He never ran out of steam and this suited Donna fine. She couldnt get enough of him. Eventually Damon discovered their secret. He was always pressing Seth for details. Eventually the neighbors would discover their secret too. They called child protective services which conducted an investigation. Seth's DNA was all over her bedroom and sheets. He tried to tell the investigators it was a lie. He told them he watched porn in her room when she was at work. They almost bought it but they forced Donna to submit a rape kit. Seth's DNA was found of course. Even though it was consensual Donna was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Seth and damon were sent back to the orphanage. Nine months later they were separated when Seth was given new placement. Damon remained at the orphanage and Seth never saw him again. He knew them being separated was his punishment for the whole Donna incident. Seth really missed Damon. He was the only friend he had ever had. Now he would never get to see him again.

February 2000-November2000
Phoenix, Arizona

Seth eventually found himself living on the north side of Phoenix where the better half lived. He was surrounded by preppy kids driving Porsches and Corvettes. He knew he didnt fit in at all. He didnt even attempt to. Nevertheless Seth was so attractive that he couldnt simply blend in the crowd. Seth had a personality that drew people in. It started with a smile. It either warmed them, intimidated them, made them curious, but inevitably always drew you in. Seth stood out, and not in an outsider kind of way. He started out in sports and was untouchable. The kids gave him acceptance for that. Girls flocked to him. His confidence went through the roof. He was so sure of himself that sometimes he came off as cocky. He discovered he could be whoever he wanted to be. He had powers of persuasion with people. He had so much charisma he could convince them to do whatever he wanted. This skill applied to everyone he stood to gain from. Seth understood all too well the things that motivated people and he used it against them.
To the girls he was sex incarnate. His eyes were hypnotic and seemed to dance. They smiled even when his lips didnt. His smile tranced them. He wondered what they would think if they knew some of his teeth were implants. His scars didnt even seem to phase people. Despite his dialect his words flowed out deep and harmoniously. He had even found a sense of humor. The attention he got was intoxicating to him. He was really shining now.
His fosters the Hennon's bought him everything he could dream of, TV, Computer, video games, cell phone, Mp3 player, name brand clothes and expensive sneakers. On his 16th birthday they gave him a 2000 model Chevy pickup truck. It was solid black with 20 inch rims and chrome accents. Inside was the best stereo system ever with 2 12" speakers. The Hennons were great. They didnt nag. They didnt ask him to do chores. Nor did they load him down with rules. Then again, they didnt have to. Seth was self sufficient. He washed his own clothes. Made his own bed. Washed his own dishes. And threw away his own trash.
However, Seth's life had taught him to form no attachments. People had always come in and out of his life too often to. He knew the Hennon's werent permanent. Nothing ever was. Tomorrow it could all change. So Seth stayed distanced. He was cordial, But when they showed the least bit of affection he just froze up. He didnt know what to do with it. He had never experienced things like loving hugs. No one had ever done nice things for him without expecting something in return. He didnt know how to accept it. He simply did as he always did, he waited for the bottom to fall out.
The Hennon's did their best to encourage Seth's sports skills. He was great at everything. He always carried the team. The Hennon's were at every game cheering like proud parents from the side lines. In their hearts he was the son that they had always wanted. They just knew he was going to go somewhere and make something of himself. He was so good at sports. He was the running back of the football team. the standing rule was to get him the ball. He was impossible to tackle. In basket ball he could slam dunk like a pro. In baseball he had a 94 mile an hour pitch. When he hit the ball you could gaurentee it was going out of the park.
By the time he was a junior he had already been offered at least a dozen scholarships to really top notch schools. He had taken recruiters by surprise. He was good at everything. But football made him a star. On the field he was like a rabbit, moving fast and erratic as if a pack of wolves were after him. He had a covert knack for avoiding tackles. He would turn, duck, flip, jump, roll, and walk right over his opponent. It seemed to be his favorite too. It was the only game in which he was encouraged to unleash his rage. When he was having a bad day nothing was better than tackling someone on the field. If he made someone bleed or get carried off on a stretcher he got a pat on the back. Sure sometimes he got hurt out there too, but his threshold to pain was higher than the average persons. Sometimes the coaches had to stop him because he would be bleeding so badly and still want to play. He even played with broken fingers once. He could still win the game with a little blood and broken fingers.
His bedroom was full of trophys. The sleeves of his letterman jacket were full. Their team had won state the last two years. Seth was on top of the world. His life was just about as perfect as he could imagine. He had dreams of being in the NFL. It was a good posibility he could get his wish too. Living with his popularity made him feel wanted. He liked the way it felt to be the most important person in the room. It reminded him of singing solos in church. It was the time of his life.
Sign up to rate and review this story