Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 4

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-12-02 - 543 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4, The River

It was a perfectly normal, perfectly boring November afternoon. There was nothing on TV except some show called Ancient Aliens from the History channel, so we decided to watch that.

“You know this is all complete rubbish, right?” Dad asked while we were watching some strange man with an afro talk about how aliens built the pyramids.

“What? You mean aliens didn’t build everything? I’m shocked!” I said sarcastically as I looked up at the tv. To be honest, that man sorta looked mad, gersting with his hands as he spoke.

“Yeah. Complete nutters, this one. Can you pass the jammie dodgers over here?” Dad asked and I passed him the bag.

“Would never believed that if someone else told me that.” I said and ate one of the jammie dodgers when Dad passed them back. There were probably the one food item that we both liked. Suddenly the doorbell rang, which was odd. Not once since we had moved into that house had it rung. I didn’t even know that it had a doorbell.

“Go and see who that is, would you?” Dad said quietly. I think he was just as startled as I was.

“Kay.” I said and got up and went to the front door and opened it. There stood a woman, presumably in her thirties and she had light blonde curly hair and blue eyes.

“Hello sweetie.” She said sweetly but the word almost had a bitter sweet undertone to it.

“Um.... Dad?” I called out and he came up to the door.

“Oh... River, what are you doing here?” Dad asked cautiously. He knew this woman, then.

“Spoilers.” She said, and then turned towards me. “So who is this then?”

“Oh... Um... River, this is Amelia, Amelia this is River, an old colleague of mine. Would you mind waiting for us in the living room, Amelia?” Dad said slowly, like he was trying to figure out why this River person was here.

“Um... Sure.” I said, although I was unsure of myself and didn’t want to leave Dad alone. I went back to the couch, were Ancient Aliens was still going on, but I was no longer paying attention to it, instead I was trying to pick up what they were saying in the kitchen.

“... And after all this time I’m just a colleague?” River said, her voice barely louder than the telly.

“River, I’m retired.”

“And who is that girl in there?” River asked, ignoring Dad’s last statement. What did he mean by retired?

“She’s my daughter.”

“She’s your... what?!”

“My daughter.”

“Biological or adopted?”

“Biological.”

“You have a daughter?!”

“Really River, you should know all this.”

“And you named her after Amy Pond.” There was a long silence where neither of them spoke and the tv droned on over the quiet. “I’ve missed you.”

“I know. I’ve missed you too.” They stopped talking again and there was a thud, my guess was that they were kissing. Gross. “Why are you here River?” Dad finally asked, indicating that they stopped making out.

“I need your help, Doctor.” Doctor who? This is just getting confusing.

“I’m sorry River, I can’t.” Dad answered.
Sign up to rate and review this story