Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 11: With Time

by sgSixx 0 reviews

everything happens in due time

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-12-07 - 4265 words

1Hot
CHAPTER 11: WITH TIME
January 2008
All Over California

The years passed by and by the time 2008 rolled around Faithless had been at it for 5 years. As Seth had promised, D no longer had to strip. None of them needed day jobs anymore. Now Faithless was paying the bills, and they honestly couldnt complain about the cash. They made enough to pay their bills, live off fast food, and shop whenever they liked, still to have money left. They were the number one band in LA, and for that fact most of the state. They were asked to play at Parks, convention centers, clubs, carnivals, festivals, raves, theme parks, even a little local TV. Anytime a live band was needed, Faithless was the band they called.
They stayed so busy most of the time that they never stopped moving. If they werent on stage doing a gig they were in the van on the way to do one. Most nights they did several gigs. They rarely got to stop for sleep in motels and had to nap on the van between sets. In the last 6 months they may have slept in actual beds a dozen times. They didnt mind, it was the time of their lives. They were just like a family that got along great.
Brian, now 25 was most definately thr drive behind the band. All he wanted was fame. Sometimes his determination would cause him to over book them, not even caring if they got adequate sleep. He was always pushing them for bigger, better, and more. His nature was that of an obsessive perfectionist and he vame off rather bossy. But no one ever said anything. Brian was the reason they were doing so well. It was his dream they were all riding on. They felt they owed it to him because they wouldnt be living the rock and roll dream without him.
At 28 Danny found himself dealing with a son that was rejecting him. Who could blame the kid, Danny was never around. Though hia bouncer days were long behind him the skill still came in handy. Normally club bands arent stormed on stage, but Faithless sometimes was. He had had to bust up alot of fights. And he would always get in the middle of Seth protecting D's honor.
Martin had finally reached 21. He had become estranged to his parents for a number of years now. He still talked to them once in a while but rarely visited, and they lived in the same city. His mom was really against his rock and roll lifestyle. She knew in the end it wouldnt have a good outcome. Yet Martin, like Brian, had stars in his eyes. He wanted fame just as much. martin was o gifted it was sure to happen.
Devin, now 2 was a liscensed Pyro Technicial. He was of course employed by the band. Brian payed him 350.00 a gig. Without Devin their shows would be generic and boring. Devin was a master of explosion. He added amazing touched to their shows. You rarely saw him when he wasnt fooling with wires, lights, computers or gunpowder. He was one of the main reasons they were so popular. Most bands couldnt afford someone like Devin.
Now at 22 D was very happy. She got to make money, in clothes and got to dance with Seth in the process. She was still completely bewitched by him. It was still torture loving him from afar. They were flirty, but they never crossed that line. Their head was always on making Faithless the best it could be. And they knew that mostly was riding on them. It was they that dazzled the crowd each night.
At 23 Seth was still taking command of any room he entered. All eyes were always on him. As he got older his sex appeal only grew. He handled it like any 23 year old would, he slept around alot. On stage he was on top of his game at all times. He knew it was his responsibility, they all depended on him to be his best. He didnt regret being brought into all this. He was thankful for what he had now. He had a chance. He had spent more time with D and the guys than he ever had anyone except Vera. They, in a sense were his family, even though he didnt form attachments like that.

February 8, 2008
Oakland, California

After much heated debate the guys managed to talk Brian into blowing off a gig to they could get a room for the night. They werent as successful at working out a compromise thar would allow them seperate rooms. Nope, Brian made them draw straws to see who would sleep with whom. As luck would have it, Seth and D drew straws to bunk together. Brian was quite unsettled by this and demanded a redraw. Redraw done, they were still rooming together. Brian didnt trust this plan at all.
Seth unlocked their room and pushed the door open. He bent over and picked up his suitcase along with D's. He carried them in trying not to show how nervous he was. He could see all over D's face how uncomfortable she was. But for some reason fate put them in this room together. Seth kept reminding himselft that he couldnt try to seduce her. He had to keep his head in the game.
D sat on the bed and drew in a deep breath. "So this is a bed huh?"
Seth smiled as he watched her bounce up and down on the bed testing its firmness. He did his best to appear calm. He pulled his shirt over his head with one hand. _ skill mastered from having many casts, and let it fall to the floor. "I needs a showa."
"Me too," D agreed, "you can go first.
"A'ite," he nodded as he grabbed a few things and dissappeared into the bathroom. Maybe being away from her for a few minutes would calm his nerves. But it was no such luck.
Seth came out of the bathroom a few minutes later in nothing but a silky pair of green boxers. He certainly wasnt shy. D's eyes scanned his sexy Chandler tattoo on his lover abs. "You better put some pants on if youre sleeping with me," D tisked.
"But dis how I sleeps," he said glancing down at himself. "What you's be sleepin in? Flannel PJ's>"
"No," she shook her head, "I dont. But I was planning on at least wearing shorts and a Tshirt."
"You's know damn well ya dont be sleepin like dat," he cut his eyes over at her. "Bet yous wear somethin wit a spaghetti strap an lace."
"Around you its shorts and a T-shirt," she replied with sarcastic undertones.
"What dat spose ta mean You's thank I's gone try an hit dat? I's thank I can control myself for one nite."
D stood up and disappeared into the bathroom. >"You better mister," he could hear her saying as she closed the door.
Seth slipped under the covers and flipped on the TV. He ran across rap videos and stopped to watch. The fourth one was playing when D came out of the bathroom. He looked up to see her in a silky white Spaghetti strap top and cute short like bottoms that matched. "Fuck," he thoughtlessly muttered.
D shyly smiled, "You sure you dont want me to go with the shorts and T-shirt?"
"Hells naw girl," he shook his head looking shocked. He had gone to the Champagne Room before and seen her completely naked, but this was much more of a turn on. He had to be good he reminded himself over and over again. He could NOT sleep with her.
D crawled under the covers and nestled down on the pillow. Seth could smell the scent of her apple shampoo lingering from her. He had grown so accustom to that smell over the years. He fought to keep his eyes on the TV',but found them traveling over to D anyway.
She smiled to him, "I bet this will be the first night you,ve spent an entire night with a girl without banging her," she joked.
Seth smiled, "Yeah, mos likely."
"It doesnt have to be a bad thing," she commented.
Seth stared at her beautiful face. He had never wanted to kiss her so badly. He wanted to show her all the different ways in which he could make her body crawl. He had the ability to make her laugh and cry at the same time in purt ecstacy. If only she would let him. He wanted to feel that silky thing she was wearing clenched in his fingers. If she only knew how crazy she was driving him right now.
"Dont give me that look, she sighed closing her eyes. "I know what youre thinking.
Did she know? Was it written that plainly on his face? He slowly drew his breath in and remained still. He couldnt help but occasionally glance at her peaceful face and the shadows casted on it by the TV. She kept him up at night even when she wasnt two feet away. He certainly wouldnt be sleeping tonight.He would make use of the time by memorizing the softness of her face, ears and shoulders. He wished he understood what he was feeling. Girls were just something he had never attached any emotion to, save one. He didnt get it all, but he liked it.

February 12, 2008
Berkley, California

It was dark in the club. Only stage lights, strobe lights, and neon beer signs illuminated the place It was a large club and tonight it was packed at well over capacity. Faithless had a way of doing that. They, hands down had the best show of all other bands in the club scene. They came complete with a sexy front man who knew how to sound sexual, a blond that he had all but his way with onstage, while cannon blasts and pryo showers bedazzled the crowd. Once you saw them in action they stuck with you.
Seth poked his head out from behind the stage to get a better look at the crowd. Everyone was crowding the stage, waiting to see them. Seth turned to the guys over his shoulder. "Fulls house dawgs. He gleamed as if it wasnt this way everytime they played.
"You guys ready?" Devin asked picking up his trusty laptop.
"Yeah," Brian nodded as he quickly finished off his beer.
Seth smiled with a beam as he looked to them, "Lets go swimmin dawgs."
Those words had become their pre-show mantra. They never played without saying it first.
"LETS GO SWIMMING!" They all yelled out.
Devin dissappeared to the control booth platform abovethe dance floor. He hooked his trusty lap top into the house lights and into their own. On stage in the dimness the guys sat up. After a moment the hum of Martins bass could be heard throughout the club. He was soon joined by Brian and Danny.Seth reached out to grab the mic stand. He closed his eyes waiting for the music to que him in.. He drew his breath in through the mic sounding like a sexy sigh of sorts. He began pushing out a soft melodic whisper from the darkness. Hw watched the people staring at him, hanging on his every word. He scanned the crowd watching thwm watch him. An assortment of colored lights illuminated his prowling body.
When the song ended cheers and screams accompanied by whistling filled the air and rattled the walls with a thunderous clatter. The stage went black again. D walked out into the darkness. Even in this light Seth could make out the sultry smile on her face. D could see the smile concentrated mostly in his eyes. Seth had waited all day to seduce her on the stage and for her to seduce him back. They took their places as Brian began to play. D tried her best to keep her composure when Seth began kissing her neck and shoulders. His hands mercilessly gripped at her skin. She ran her hair through his silky black hair. His lips hovered over hers. Even she could see how he was fighting the urge not to kiss her. It took everything they had to stop themselves. They all thought that with time the attraction would fade, but it never did.
When the show was over they took a bow and thanked the crowd. Devin wasted no time in wasting time unplugging and neatly folding up cords. The guys left thr stage amongst a sea of approvals and headed to the bar for a drink. Girls were all over them as usual. The bartender lined up five beers and five bottles of water. They grabbed the water and guzzled most of it down in one gulp. All that could be heard was the crinkling of the plastic caving in.
"Can I get a coffee?" D asked the bartender.
"We're set to play Reseda tomorrow night," Brian said wiping off with a towel.
"Wow, Martin spoke, "you mean I get to sleep in my own bed tonight? That calls for a wife for the night."
"Hell yeah," Danny hi-fived him.
"You guys ready to get out of here or what?" Devin impatiently asked waiting for them to help him un assemble the drums and lights. "I havent seen my bed in 16 days straight.
Seth glanced to D sipping her coffee. He blew into the neck of his beer bottle making it whistle. "'Ay yo, ys'a wants ta come ova an gets a drank?" he smiled to her.
"Sure," she nodded
His smile turned playful as he raised an eyebrow, "Ya gone let me get ya drunk and says my name says my name?"
D rolled her eyes with a smile," Im gonna go change," she said sliding off her bar stool.
"Wait," he called out, "No answa always mean yes."
D only glanced at him over her shoulder and bat her eyes. Seth couldnt help but watch her until she was no longer visible to him.

D drew her breath in and exhaled deeply as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. How could god make one man so charming? He had too much finess. He could say something all wrong and still leave you unable to say no.If it wasnt the work issue she would gladly take him up on his offer. Seth was perfection. There wasnt a girl who didnt want him, D included.

By the time they reached Seths apartment the rush from being on stage was starting to fade. Exhausted, they drug themselves up the 5 flights of stairs to his door. He fished out his keys and stuck the key in the lock. As he did the door directly across the hall opened. Two college girls stood there with giddy smiles on their faces smiling at him.
"Night Seth, they cooed in unison with smiles that begged for more. D was so use to these reactions that they didnt even register anymore. It was normal.
"Nite ladies," he replied nonchalantly without even looking at them. He too was used to it. They made it a point to say hi everytime he came home. He could knew he could have either of them if he wanted, but tonight he had D's company to enjoy.
"You're so lucky," one of the girls said with a jealous smile. D had also seen that look alot too.
"Oh...its not like that, she shook her head, "we just work together. "Hes all yours.
The girls giggled as Seth and D slipped into his apartment. Seth plopped down in his ragged papazon with a sigh. He turned on the TV to rap videos. Not a surprise to D.
She went into his kitchen and began looking in cabinets. "What do you want to drink."
"I aint even know what they is," he spoke leaning forward to grap a partial joint from the ashtray. He lit it.
"You have beer," she called out. Then she spotted tequlia above the fridge. "Ooooh," she smiled leaning up on her tip toes. She grabbed some glasses and went to plop down on his couch. He extended his left hand out to pass her the joint. In return D handed him the bottle of tequlia to open. "It feels good to not be in a van, she sighed then inhaled the joint.
"Already, Seth said pouring them some shots. "Done been so long I aint rememba how long."
D did a mental recap. "In the last 15 months weve had 17 nights off." She picked up her shot and passed the joint back to him. Seth downed his and hit the joint. He ran his hand over his shoulder. He rolled his neck around and tried to loosen it. He wasnt sure if it was a biproduct from abuse, his wreck , or sports. When he got tired it ached beyond ache. Did you hurt yourself? D asked.
"It'sa old injury...jus aches when I's tired."
D crossed over behind him and began applying pressure to his shoulders.
"Mmmmm...ta da left," he moaned.

Brian and Devin walked in to Brian's place. Devin picked up the mail and began thumbing through it as Brian tossed his keys down and headed to the fridge. A letter tumbled from Devin's hands and fell to the floor. He bent over to pick it up and noticed ti was addressed to Faithless not himself or Brian. He scanned it and realized it was from Havoc Records in New York. They were one on the largest record companies in the US.
"Brian dude...I think you wanna see this," he said in dismay.
"See what?" he asked seeing him extending the envelope out to him. "What is this?"
"I dont know, but its from Havoc Records in New York."
"Stop playing with me," he sighed taking the envelope. Devin wasnt kidding. He quickly tore it open with shaking hands and began reading the letter aloud. "Dear members of the band Faithless, Recently one of our employees brought us in a cell phone video of your band performing at the LA Convention Center. We here at Havoc were blown away by your performance. We would like to offer you a record deal. We have made several attempts to reach you. We were able to recieve this address from the manager of Crankshaft. We sincerely hopes this letter reaches one of you. If so contact us at..." Brian was momentarily shocked "YES!!!" He yelled jumpping onto his couch with hias hands in the air, clenching the letter. "This is insane!"
"You did it, Devin said sounding just as excited as Brian.
>Ive got to call the guys," he said hopping off the couch and searching fro his cell phone.

Brian called and told everyone the good news. No one could believe it.

Seth and D flew into one anothers arms jumpping for joy. Seth smiled, his arms wrapped around D's waist lost in D's aqua eyes. He was so absorbed in her joy that the smile had diminished from his lips. His face seemed to be wiped clean of all emotion. D couldnt even make assumptions as to what he was thinking. Normally she could read him like a book, but not now. She caught his eyes traveling her body, her lips, her jawline, her breasts moving in and out as she breathed, the way her clothes conformed to her hips. He was looking at her as if he wanted her.
D nervously looked away, "I should go," she said nervously backing away from his embrace. She turned and headed for the door. She was fearful as to what a look like this meant. He had always been flirty with her but this was more than that. His lack of expression was saying far too much. She reached for the doorknob. As she did she could dee his arm coming across her shoulder. He placed his palm flat on the door to prevent her from opening it. He could smell the apple scent lingering on her.
"Dont's go," he whispered into her ear. D could feel his breath warm and inviting on her neck. She was paralyzed.
Seth had wanted her just as much as she had wanted him. She had been driving him insane for years. He had been in too many intimate embraces with her. His lips had felt the silkiness of her neck and shoulders too much. Her eyes had been trancing him for years and he never let anything come of it. He had promised. She had been such a huge part of his life for so long he simply couldnt no longer not act on what he felt. He ran his free hand down her spine in hopes that she would turn around. At that moment he couldnt even think of the record deal. All he could think of was how much he wanted D. He had been a good little boy for so long. He just couldnt take it anymore.
D finally managed to turn and face him. She couldnt look him in the eyes but she could feel his burning through her. "Seth," she uttered softly not knowing what to say. She glanced into his deep hazle eyes for a split second then looked down concentrating on the S neclkace dangling down his chest. Seth looked down too unable to take looking at her entrancing eyes. A strand of black hair fell into his eyes as he focused on her pink lips. He slowly, with much hesitation moved his lips closer to hers in fear she may turn away. He parted his lips and tilted his head slightly. D could feel the heat of his breath flush her face. She felt her heart start to race as his lips brushed across hers, testing the water. She felt their lips parting and a moment later his tounge was crossing across hers. She could feel his arms coming up her sides. She raised her arms and wrapped them around his neck giving into the kiss. He wrapped her in his embrace and pulled her closely to him, kissing her even deeper. His lips sent electrical sensations through her and made her knees shake. His lips were like magic. He kissed by the book, but then he had probably had lots of practice.
In truth Seth didnt kiss the girls. He had kissed very few. To him a kiss was special. It was reserved for the ones that meant something, not the ones he used selfishly to subdue his libedo. D dredged up that urge. e cared about her. She was special. Maybe it uas the thrill of the unobtainable chase. Maybe it was because she had peen a part of his life for so long. He couldnt make heads or tails of it, he only knew he had been dying to kiss her for years.
D's mind flooded with jumpled thoughts and pulled her in a million different directions. She turned her head away from his insatiable lips. "Wait...what are we doing?"
Seth put his index finger to his lips, "Shhhh," he softly shook his head and turned on that damn smile. He leaned in to try to kiss her once more.
"No," she said moving away and backing into the door, "itll just mess everything up."
"D..." he moaned, "I's inta you...you's inta me...what is they ta screw up?"
"It would change everything," she nervously spoke
"Not iffin we's dont lets it," he spoke softly running his scratchy fingers down her arm, unable to make eye contact.
"What are you saying?" She asked giving him a strange look.
"I's sayin...lets jus have fun...no ties, ya know?" He glanced to the curve in her neck wanting so badly to kiss it.
She felt her ears and face flush red, "What...you mean like friends with benefits or something?"
"Yeah," he smiled wickedly, "somethin likes dat."
D looked to the floor so tempted to say yes. She wanted that but she knew he didnt feel for her what she felt for him. He just wanted to have his cake and eat it too. "Im not your groupie," she shook her head.
Seth glanced at her. He did have respect for what she was saying. He was glad to see her resistance. If he could get it that easily anybody could.
"Ive gotta go," she said apprehensively reaching for the doorknob behind her back. Seth grinned at her nervousness, maybe he was smiling at his own. "Goodnight," she said and quickly scurried out the door.
Seth nodded to himself still riding s high from her lips. She hadnt exactly said no. He knew there was a chance he could wear her down. There would be no stopping him now that he had tasted her lips. He couldnt take it any longer, he simply had to have her. He picked up the bottle of tequlia from at table and took a chug. He had wanted to be with D but she had left him hanging and aching. He knew the coed neighbors across the happ would make a perfect remedy. He was in an exceptionally good mood and wondered if he could talk them into some kinky 3 way action. It was going to take alot to come down from this high D had left him with. He just couldnt get her out of his head or her smell from his clothes.



Sign up to rate and review this story