Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Cupid Blush

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Charlotte reflects on the moment she and Takashi first met in Okinawa four years ago.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-12-09 - 833 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Six: Cupid Blush:

Charlotte sat on her bed lost in memories of how she and Takashi first met.

July 7th, 2005.

She had another name back then.

Eliza stepped out of the hostess club, Kiss-Kiss, for a little alone time. The back of the alley became her place to think. Tonight, she rather bummed her out. The hostess sighed and shook her head.

What's the point anymore? Her life bored her: her job felt like a dead-end, high school diploma felt wasted, and she was stuck with a boyfriend she didn't love. Worst part was she had no idea how to get out of her slump. Eliza leaned over the railing with her cigarette.

Nineteen years came to this? /Just shoot me!/ Suddenly, she paused when she heard tapping on the ground. Eliza lifted her head to see a young man about her age coming down the alley.

"Darn it," he mumbled, "I don't think this is right at all." The hostess took a good look at this young man. His body appeared well-built in his navy t-shirt and jeans. His black hair looked freshly cut. He tapped around his white and red cane on the street.

"This really isn't right," he muttered. Eliza tilted her head.

"Excuse me," she said. "Are you lost?" The young man paused when he heard her voice.

"Why yes," he replied. "Could you help me out?" Eliza came down the stone steps to the young man. By then, she noticed the film over his eyes. /He's blind/, she thought.

"Sure," the hostess answered. "Where are you trying to go?" The young man shrugged with a small smile.

"I was just walking around," he said. Eliza gave the blind young man a strange look.

"Huh?" she asked. The young man chuckled.

"It felt like a nice night for a walk around the city," he explained.

"You're weird," the hostess replied.

"Am I?" the blind young man asked. Eliza still gave him a funny look. Moments later, she and he sat on the steps talking.

"So you work here?" the young man asked.

"That's right," she replied. He tilted his head puzzled.

"You don't sound happy about it," he said. The hostess sighed and looked up at the sky.

"I'm just really bored with it," she complained.

"Then why do it?" the blind stranger asked. She shook her head shrugging.

"What else can I do?" the girl asked. "I'm not in college and I need the money."

"But is it worth all of it?" he asked. The hostess looked at him in strange way.

"Why do you care?" she asked. "Who are you anyway?" The young man gave her a little smile.

"Takashi," he replied. "Tell me your name."

"Eliza," the hostess told him.

"Nice to meet you, Eliza," he said.

"Thank you," the hostess said. Then, Takashi asked her a rather puzzling question.

"Why are you so unhappy?" he asked. Eliza lifted her head with a perplexed expression on her face.

"What are you talking about?" she asked. "I'm not!"

"You sure about that?" Takashi asked.

"Of course!" Eliza argued. "I have a good job and a hot boyfriend. Why would I be unhappy?" The silence made her rather uneasy.

"Well," Eliza confessed, "This job's gotten rather boring lately."

"And the boyfriend?" Takashi questioned. Eliza bit her lower lip and looked down at her lap.

"I don't love him," she admitted. The hostess leaned back and sighed. "I don't know how it happened," she said. "I used to adore the guy, but now…" Eliza sighed again.

"Why not leave them?" Takashi asked. "I mean, if you're unhappy, what's the point?" Eliza frowned as she shook her head.

"Don't know," she replied, "I guess it's easier this way, I suppose." Takashi shook his head. Eliza blinked at him puzzled.

"No?" she asked.

"What do you want?" the blink young man asked. The hostess blinked in silence.

"I don't know…" she muttered.

"What makes you happy?" he asked. Eliza tried to think of an answer.

"Well…" she began. She looked up at Takashi.

"I don't want to be with my boyfriend anymore," Eliza admitted.

"So why not break up with him?" Takashi asked.

"Yeah," Eliza said nodding. She rose to her feet. "I'll leave him tonight!" she declared. The hostess turned to her new acquaintance with a big smile.

"Thanks Takashi," she said. The young blind man smiled as she bowed and headed down the street.

-Present Day-

Charlotte returned to earth when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Yes?" she asked. The woman looked up to see Takashi feeling his way into her room.

"Are you alright?" he asked. "It's been a little too quiet in the apartment." Charlotte smiled and shook her head.

"No, I'm fine," she answered, "Just thinking about when we first met."

"Ready to go?" he answered. Charlotte moved to the edge of the bed.

"Of course," she replied. The woman rose to her feet and followed her roommate out for more testing.
Sign up to rate and review this story