Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

We Can Live like Jack and Sally

by dark-shadows 1 review

Frank goes to a tattoo convention. Gerard not a happy bunny

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-12-19 - 2479 words

1Moving
Gerard was again sitting watching his all time favourite film, Labyrinth. Gerard had been watching it
quite a lot recently. Maybe it was that fact his boyfriend, Frank Iero, was out town, for the week seeing Ray, for a tattoo convention (which Gerard had "KINDLY" declined going to).
"Frank, I ...am... ill..." Gerard tries to fake cough.
"I cannot go to the needle fest... I mean the tattoo convention with you."
"Come on Gerard, it will be fun like are first date!"
"Are first date didn't involve needles, I can't frank seriously I can't."
"Fine then stay here and fucking rot then, just so you now, although I am pissed off, I'll really miss you."
Silently Gerard said to himself “I love you.” just as Frank slammed the door shut, like he was shutting Gerard out of his life making Gerard jump to conclusions on metaphors involving doors and what they mean, which sort of worried him. Behind the door, frank lent against it and thought what had just be said he felt like an asshole but he thought that this is what he need a break to figure out if this was the right decision or should he stop before it gets too far and he can’t handle it. Just before he left he muttered the words ‘I love you’ to the door hoping Gerard would magically heard them.

So with Frank gone for the week, within this action left Gerard in a terrible mood and a complete wreck. The memories of this event kept repeating themselves over and over again in his head; making the depression battle its way through to Gerard’s head but not an enough for him to want a drink, he knew Frank would never forgive him nor would Mikey. No, the depression seemed to steer in an opposite direction, food! For most of the week Gerard spent most of his time eating ice cream, pizza and only having conversations with the Chinese takeaway delivery down the street for food, if he called anyone else he was afraid they would question his motive to stay home or his mental state which to be fair was fine if you didn’t count the random crying when he looked at his screensaver of him and Frank. Gerard was in a state and didn’t want anyone to know, not even his mom. Plus rarely leaving the house was on the list too; then again he didn’t like going out of the house that much anyway, except if Frank was in trouble, like the time he got his foot stuck in the toilet. That really fucking puzzled Gerard for a month for why on earth would he do that; sometimes Gerard never quite understood Frankie but that was one of the reasons why he fall in love with the crazy, energetic and funny personality that is Frank Iero.
Gerard thoughts consisted of 'his going to move out' or 'he hates me'. 17 texts Gerard had sent, only one in return:
'Hey, I am sorry xx F'
Gerard did not take that as an apology, as the stubborn ass he was, he wanted Frank to run back to him and say the words, he so desperately wanted to hear. It had been the 5th time
he watched the film, that day. He never seem to be bored with it or that he couldn't be bother to reach the remote because he was all covered up by two cushions, a batman blanket and a mountain of tissues that kept getting bigger every five minutes, to say the least Gerard, was complete, utterly depressed, not the way you want to kill yourself depress. More like I'm forever alone. Gerard could just imagine Frank dumping him for some smoking hot tattoo artist and would be pushed into the gutter like the other guys frank had be out with. Little did he know Frank was planning to propose to Gerard that weekend but because he had been an asshole and did not want to go to the tattoo convention with him it had ruined his plans. The whole apartment was a fucking mess, all of the floor where Chinese boxes half filled with cold, maybe moulding chow mien, empty pizza boxes scattered all over the floor. Gerard and Frank's room was filled with used tissues. Gerard was in no state to clean up what's so ever. My chem CD's were on the edge of the sofa, if Gerard moved ever so slightly they would crash to the floor. 'I am not okay' had been playing the whole week but Gerard could not stand was when Frank said
"trust me"
He would break down in tears. Mikey had come over a couple of times, trying to clean up the mess and Gerard, who was not help at all. Three hours Mikey spent listening to Gerard, crying, sniffing and moaning of frank, whilst texting Ray about the whole conversation had then found out that Frank was going propose to his brother or he thought was his brother when he looked over all he could see was blankets and tissues but the mount had not yet moved in 10 minutes maybe his asleep, Mikey thought.
“Gerard!”
“Gerard wake up!”
Mikey realised he had not got a reply “OH MY GOD, he’s dead!!!!” Mikey started to try digging Gerard out of the mess, cursing and screaming what he would tell his mom or even frank and if this is murder or suicide. Then he here the flash of the toilet ‘for fuck sake’ he thought. As soon as Gerard opened the door. Mikey slapped him across the face ‘WHAT THE F...?’
‘That’s for being a complete idiot’
‘What the hell do you mean?’
‘Have a shower, clean up and get your ass in my car in 10 minutes!!!’
‘Wha....’
‘Just do it!!’
On the other side of town Frank, was forcing himself to have fun. Although all he could think about was being with Gerard, holding him, kissing him and make love to him. The ring box was a constant reminder of what happened; it felt like it was burning a hole in his trousers. Ahhhh! he thought, fucking Gerard with his stupid gorgeous face, his amazing eyes and his fucking laugh, that makes me laugh and his perfect smile, why was he an asshole when he was not stubborn? But in reality frank, like Gerard, was miserable and was nowhere near having as much fun like everyone else. He had a couple of pictures with a few people who had recognize who he was, talk to a few of the tattoo artists. But the one person who he was dreading to talk was Cat Von D because the reason Frank was planning to propose to Gerard at this thing was her and hated the look on her when he walked towards her with no Gerard by his side. The look on her face told him he was going to get a lecture on tying Gerard up to bring him here and that he is very shit at persuading people he likes. Her body language told frank that too. Her tattooed arms crossed of her body, like a mom about to tell off her child. Frank thought that Cat wouldn’t like being compared to a mother. Fuck, he thought, I am not in mood for this. Not here. And not now. He could just see Ray talking to a girl with multicolour hair and a lot more tattoos then frank had, from what he could see, standing on his tiptoes, very tiptoes. He walked, more like sprinted in the direction Ray was in, grab Ray by the hair and dragged him and told him to take him to the nearest bar because he desperately needed a drink. A lot of drinks.
Beer. Shot. Beer. Shot. This was kind of an easy way of forgetting Gerard but then regret the whole of the night in the morning. Then Frank noticed a cute guy checking him out. Now sober Frank would have been like ‘no you have Gerard and you love him’; but because drunk frank was now running the show his response was ‘damn he’s hot and you are mad at Gerard, go for it’ Frank nodded to him to follow him to the bathroom. Ray watch in astonishment his mouth open wide as he watched his best friend flirting with another man. Ray shouted at Frank about Gerard but drunk Frank simply shrugged and walked towards the toilet. Ray felt his phone vibrate in his pocket it was a text from Mikey:
‘On our way M’
Shit thought Ray I need to get frank. In the bathroom frank and john? Jepha? What whatever his name was. Were getting it on, very hot and steamy. Frank did not feel turned on though. ‘You already hard?’ ‘No that’s the....’ flash back came to frank’s head of Gerard’s smile, their first kiss they shared, the first ‘I love you’ they shared. For some reason frank become strangely sober “I can’t do this” Frank quick did up his jeans and belt, when did those came undone what the hell he asked himself before staggering out the bathroom grabbed Ray by the hair again and yelling back, “I love Gerard and I need to see him”
“Well, you are in luck he is coming here and stop grabbing the hair, man.” While trying to pat it down but the fro would make it spring back out.
“Perfect. Oh! Yeah...Sorry.”
As Ray drove them home frank rehearsal what he was going to say maybe he could get Ray’s guitar and sing or maybe do it the old fashion way on one knee or do a totally Frank and freeze up and talk complete bull until he got to his point. He desperately hoped the first one. Frank did not deal with patient very well and started to try and get rid of his energy by jumping up down like a kid at Christmas. This did not impress Ray, who was still very concerned if frank was high or drunk or even both. Which he hoped not any of the option above weren’t not true otherwise chaos would start in his house and he was not comfortable with that happening, not again anyway. Also Ray was completely clueless on Frank apparently, amazing plan. The word that popped into Ray head was disaster this was going to end tears he just know it. As Ray pulled up to his house Frank was already at the door, panting and mumbling about quitting smoking for good and yelling at Ray to hurry the fuck up. Frank went straight to Ray’s guitar to find no guitar.
‘Where your guitar?’
‘It’s being re
In the other car, Gerard was being annoyingly impatient asking question like ‘are we going to Mom’s? Please don’t I can’t deal with that right now or Lyn-z, I do not need my mother or my best friends hounding me over this or...’
‘Will you shut up, you’ll when we get there, ok?’ Gerard silently nodded and stared out the window glaring into space, when the hell is Mikey taking me? He thought has a familiar street name whizzed past him. He is taking me to see frank.
‘You’re taking me to see frank, aren’t you?’ Gerard known the answer but hoped that Mikey could prove him wrong but the eyebrows came into play, then Gerard known then that Mikey indeed was taking to see frank. Gerard started to hyperventilate about Frank hating his guts and never wanting to see Gerard’s face again. Then he started to fidget furiously with his hands trying to fan himself down from overheating or/and fainting. The emotions hit Gerard like a train, angry, fear, happy and misery. Mikey could see this happening in the facial expressions Gerard was pulling. Things didn’t get any better because then blink 182, I miss you came on the radio, and then all hell broke loose. Well not really. In Gerard’s head it did because he could feel the tears rolling down is face, the line that really broken his heart was ‘we can live like jack and sally if we want’ because that was Frank favourite Christmas film. The vivid flashback of sitting on the coach watching it with then snuggle up to each other, Frank lying his head softly on Gerard’s shoulder and legs twined feeling like they had all the time in the world and trying to keep in this moment while daydreaming about each other, secret glances that weren’t so secret, soft kisses that seem to fade away and two heart quicker to the slight touches, but that was before all of this mess had happen and Gerard tried to push those memories away because that was when Frank was happy with him and not angry for no going to the stupid convection. Trying to forget the memory was harder than Gerard thought as he tried to push it away it came back stronger and then it give Gerard the confidence to march up to Ray’s door and bang on it three times as Mikey strolls up behind him.
As the door was open, Gerard stormed in, complete sass seaming from his pours. But before he could comment on where Frank was, he felt a pair of soft, warm and loveable lips he had been yearning for seen frank had left. Melting into Frank and wrapping his arms around his waist and slightly picking frank up to further the kiss, the desperation between the two men seemed to push them for wanting more. Gerard definitely wanted to live in this moment forever holding the amazing man and never letting go, like him and Frank where the only ones if the room, like the whole world was in black and white and they were in colour. He knew they had to stop and talk about what happened but this felt like a dream and no way did Gerard nor frank for that matter want to it to stop but they had to otherwise Ray and Mikey would get a little show, that would probably scar both of them mentally. So they pulled away forehead still close together.
‘I missed and love you so much!’ Frank whisper against Gerard’s lips. ‘I love you too and I was an ass and I am sorry because you mean so much to me’ Gerard whispered back, while lacing his fingers between Frank this time he knew he was not going to let him, not let him slip through his fingers like most of the time. This time. And hoping this moment would be ruin, Frank blurted out :
‘marry me.’
Sign up to rate and review this story