Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Ficwad Secret Santa

by MCR_Vampire_321 0 reviews

A one-shot written by CrimsonRevenge for someone :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-12-25 - 1662 words

0Unrated
For imakilljoywannabe
Secret Santa
By Crimson Revenge
Poem used in the story is ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas’ by Marcus Tidmarsh
In the universe I created in “Awake and Unafraid” with “Tristan Iero”
*]
[*Of Course He’s Real



December 24, 2004

“Twas the night before Christmas-“
Frank waved his hands in front of the screen Ray was reading from, “Wait, wait…twas? What the hell is that suppose to mean?”
Ray cocked his head to the side and stared at Frank, whose face was that of confusion. “You seriously don’t know what twas means?” he questioned. He was already frustrated and the book had just started.
Tristan and Gerard rolled their eyes as they sat together on the long charcoal colored couch that sat against the wall of the bus as the six of them rode back to New Jersey for a family Christmas. They had been on tour with the Used and were tired from all the shows. They couldn’t wait to see their families for the holidays and then be back on the road again for the Taste of Chaos tour in 2005.
Mikey pushed the tray of sugar cookies over the counter next to Gerard and Tristan and sighed, “Ray, just keep going. He’s an idiot.” Mikey clapped Frank over the head with his pillow and Frank shoved him playfully.
Bob plopped down on the couch next to Mikey and Ray to listen to the Christmas tale.
Ray cleared his throat and went on, “Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.”
Frank raised his hand as if asking permission to speak.
Ray looked up from his laptop from the famous Christmas poem and rolled his eyes, “Yes…?” he raised a quizzical eyebrow.
Frank straightened up next to Tristan and looked around the bus at all his bandmates and finally asked, “Who’s St. Nicholas?”
Everyone stifled a giggle. Gerard finally spoke up from the other side of Tristan, “St. Nicholas is Santa Claus.”
“Oh, ok,” Frank smiled and then turned to face Ray, “Go on, please.”
Ray stared at Frank for a brief moment trying to regain his composure, and then went on with his reading, “The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads. And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap. When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter-“
“Clatter?” Frank blurted out, cutting Ray off.
“Really, Frank?” Bob questioned, clearly annoyed.
“What?” Frank tried to act all innocent, but it was clear to everyone that he was just being annoying by asking all these questions. He was seriously confused by these words and didn’t understand why everyone was getting angry with him for asking them.
Tristan rubbed her temple with her fingers out of frustration before explaining, “A clatter is a noise, like a crashing sound.”
Frank smiled again, “Thank you little sister for that.” Tristan nodded then put her head on Gerard’s shoulder to listen to the rest of the story.
Ray went on, “I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.”
“OHHHH!! I love reindeer!!” Frank cried with joy with half a sugar cookie hanging out of his mouth. Tristan could help but giggle about her brother’s naivety. Gerard held Tristan closer, taking in the amazing feeling of the season.
Bob munched on a sugar cookie in the shape of a snowman, amused at Frank’s escapades.

Ray took a swig off his hot coffee and went on, “With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick. More rapid than eagles his coursers they came, and he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!” Frank mouthed all their names with Ray as he read on, “‘Now Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, on Donner and Blitzen! To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall! Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!’”
“OW!” Frank shouted, bringing us all back to reality.
“Are you ok?” Gerard peaked from next to Tristan at his friend, who was coughing and sputtering over his cup of hot chocolate.
Frank finished his coughing fit and with a red face said, “Sorry, I burned my tongue and choked on my drink.”
Ray eyed him again and again went on, “As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky. So up to the house-top the coursers they flew, with the sleigh full of Toys, and St. Nicholas too. And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof the prancing and pawing of each little hoof. As I drew in my head, and was turning around, down the chimney St Nicholas came with a bound. He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot. A bundle of Toys he had flung on his back, and he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.”
Ray stopped to wait for a Frank to go to the bathroom.
Bob kicked his feet up under him and pulled out his Gameboy to play a videogame, waiting for Frank.
Gerard took a sip of his coffee and Tristan snuggled up closer to Gerard. Ray took this down time to eat a sugar cookie and take a swig of his seasonal coffee. The bus was on the interstate nearing New Jersey. They were only a few hours away now. Life couldn’t be any better to them. Gerard was now clean and sober, along with the rest of the band. Their album, ‘Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge’ had gone platinum. Life was finally getting better for the six friends.

Frank came bounding in and plopped back on the couch next to his younger sister and settled in for the rest of the story.
Ray took another drink and read, “His eyes-how they twinkled! His dimples how merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry! His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow, and the beard of his chin was as white as the snow. The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, and the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath. He had a broad face and a little round belly, that shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of jelly!”
“Oh!!!” Frank hooted and howled, “Ew!! Like a bowlful of jelly!! Wow!” Frank giggled along with Tristan like small children, causing the rest of the band to laugh at the two siblings.
When Ray finally caught his breath, he read on, “He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf, and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself! A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread. He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled all the stockings, then turned with a jerk. And laying his finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod, up the chimney he rose! He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, and away they all flew like the down of a thistle. But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight, ‘Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!’”
The six of them clapped when the story ended. The rest of the night they watched Christmas movies and enjoyed each other’s company. When they all decided to turn in for the night, Frank insisted on leaving cookies and milk out for Santa.
Ray handed Frank a plate with cookies and a glass of milk to lay on the bar for Santa Claus, “Frank, this is really childish.”
Frank just giggled and said, “You’ll thank me when Santa leaves you presents under the tree.”
Gerard and Mikey both stared at Frank with a strange look. Mikey asked, “You do know that Santa isn’t real, right, Frank?”
Tristan motioned for Mikey not to ask that question, but it was too late.
Frank laid the cookies and milk on the bar and answered, “Of course he’s real. Where do you think all the gifts come from on Christmas morning?” Frank hugged Tristan goodnight and he skipped off to his bunk for the rest of the night.
Gerard, Ray, Mikey, and Bob crowded Tristan in the back of the bus.
Gerard was the first to speak, “Frank still believes in Santa Claus?” Tristan nodded, “How did I not know that?”
Tristan shook her head and answered, “He was never told otherwise, so we kind of just let him continue to believe.”
Ray shook his head so hard his fro moved, “Tristan, he is a grown man…” he thought for a moment, “No. Scratch that. He is Frank. Let him believe.”
Bob took a bite out of a few cookies and drank half the milk left for Santa to make it seem like he’d been there, while Mikey and Gerard put the gifts under their small Christmas tree on the bus.
When all preparation was done, the five went to their bunks and waited to see the look on Frank’s face when he thinks Santa had visited him. They had decided to keep the secret for his sake.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!!
Sign up to rate and review this story