Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Two Women

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Charlotte and April talk about love in before tests begin in the morning.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-12-26 - 618 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Six: Two Women:

7:00 a.m.

April made it to the lab early the next morning. Last night turned out decent. Kyosuke was a nice guy, but not her type. She smiled and shook her head to herself.

He's too innocent/, the British woman thought. She liked more dashing wild boys. However, she wondered if Kyosuke ever had a girlfriend. /It would be a shame if he didn't. She came back to earth when she heard the door swing shut. April looked up to see Charlotte standing at the doorway.

"Oh," the latter said. "Am I here too early?"

"Oh, no, no," April said, shaking her head. "You're fine." Charlotte took a step forward.

"I see," she said. April tilted her head at her.

"Uh… can I help you?" she asked. The test subject shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know," she admitted. "I just got here on my own."

"Ah," April replied. "Say, where is your boyfriend?" Charlotte gave her a puzzled look.

"Boyfriend?" she asked. "What boyfriend?" April blinked at her confused.

"That blind man who's always with you," she said. It took Charlotte a second to see what she was saying.

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "You mean Takashi."

"Yes," the shinigami answered.

"He's not my boyfriend," Charlotte corrected. "And he's at our apartment."

"He's not your boyfriend?" April repeated.

"That's right," the other woman said.

"Then… what is he?" the shinigami asked. Charlotte gave her a little smile.

"He's my roommate," she said. "And a dear friend of mine."

"I see," April replied. She noticed the dreamy look in Charlotte's eyes. "You two must be really close," she pointed out.

"Yeah," Charlotte answered. "He saved me."

"Save you?" the shinigami repeated curiously.

"Why yes," the test subject answered. The glow in her face started to die. "But," she began, "He doesn't understand."

"Understand what?" April asked. The other woman glanced up at her uneasily.

"He doesn't understand things like love and romance," Charlotte explained.

"Why is that?" April questioned.

"He is an angel."

"No way," however the shinigami paused. "No way!" Charlotte nodded sternly at her.

"Yes," she said. "He is an actual angel."

"Whoa!" April gasped. More questions filled her head. "So have you… you know?" she asked.

"Know what?" Charlotte asked.

"You know," April repeated. "Slept together?" The other woman gave her a strange look.

"Why would you ask someone that?" she asked. The shinigami quickly put up her hands.

"I was curious, I'm so sorry!" she blurted out. Charlotte chuckled at her reaction.

"Yes," she said. "We have slept together."

"How was it?" April whispered.

"Pretty good," her acquaintance admitted. She leaned in closer to the shinigami. "He was a virgin too," the woman whispered. April's eyes widened when she heard that.

"Holy…" she said. "And he isn't your boyfriend?" Charlotte sadly shook her head.

'No," she said.

"Do you want him to be?" the British woman asked. Charlotte bit her lower lip as she nodded.

"Yeah," she answered. The woman glanced up at April. "What about you?" she asked. The shinigami glanced up at her.

"What?" she asked.

"Do you have someone you love?" Charlotte asked. April looked away with soft red cheeks.

"No," she admitted. However when she said that, an image of Kyosuke flashed in her mind as she blushed. Charlotte smiled at her response.

"I see," she replied. Somehow in that short conversation, both women found that they could click rather easily.

"Say," Charlotte spoke up. "Do you have time after these tests?"

"Sure," April answered. "Why do you ask?" Charlotte gave her a small shrug.

"Don't know," she answered. "Maybe we could talk more later on." The shinigami gave her a small smile.

"Sure, I'd love that," she answered.
Sign up to rate and review this story