Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Change

Chapter 2

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Published: 2013-12-26 - 1191 words

0Unrated

Chapter 2

The three Ponds starred in mute shock as they witnessed, live, as the Doctor was blocked by men with guns. Amy started to cry as she watched the scene unfold in front of her eyes. As if the cameras played back in slow motion, the men started to fire at the Doctor and she wept as every bullet hit the Doctor.

“No.” She mouthed silently as the Doctor fell to the floor. Golden light began to float off of his hands and soon covered him completely. River, in front of her, began to cry as well and so had Rory.

The camera that was focused on the doctor went out as the light continued, leaving them with a screen that was just filled with static snow. Amy grabbed Rory in a tight hug and sobbed into his chest while he hugged her and River hugged both of them.


They stood there for easily twenty and cried into Rory’s shoulders. Amy was sobbing, her Raggedy Man was gone, and she wasn’t able to save him.

The lockdown is now over, I repeat: The lockdown is now over. The man came over the PA system and announced to the building. The door that they tried so desperately to open to get to the Doctor clicked and it unlocked. Rory let go of his wife and daughter and tested the door out. It opened with ease and he picked up the sonic screwdriver where it was lying a few inches from the door. Rory closed the door again and looked at the girls.

“We’re going to find him. No matter what he looks like now, no matter where he is, we will find him.” Rory said adamantly. River nodded and returned to the computer and started typing furiously. Rory moved over to where Amy was still standing and sobbing.

“It’s okay... shhh.” Rory said as she continued to sob in his chest. She eventually stopped and looked up at Rory. “Everything will be okay, I promise.”

“Got him!” River said suddenly from the desk. Rory and Amy both rushed over and took separate sides and peered at the screen. It was a map and there was a red dot far off the beaten path. “There he is!” River cried.

“Right, lets go.” Rory said and they raced out the door towards the center of the hell where the Doctor had been held for a month.


Like getting in, getting there had been suspiciously easy. Nobody noticed them until they got to the section of the building where the Doctor was being held.

There were two security guards standing outside of the door that led into the section. River approached casually and held up the psychic paper.

“You know, we’ve been trained against the Doctor’s little tricks, gorgeous.” One, a large white male with brown hair, said casually, as if this was a normal conversation. “You one of his companions trying bust him out?”

“No,” River replied normally, keeping up with the normal conversation, “I’m his wife.” She said and punched the guard squarely in the nose. Rory popped up from behind her and took out the other guard. Amy held up the sonic and unlocked the doors, allowing the other two to get in.

“This way.” River whispered to the two Ponds as she led them down a labyrinth of halls. They rounded a corner and saw that in the middle that there was a sanitation team working hard to clean up blood that was all over the hallway floors and walls.

Rory felt Amy behind him take in a sharp breath as she tried not to cry at the scene. “Come on,” he whispered to River, who was in front of him. He could tell that she was struggling not to cry as well. “Let’s find a different way around.”

River nodded curtly and led them down a different hall, away from the gruesome scene of the Doctor’s death and regeneration.


They continued down the white halls trying to find a way to the Doctor. Rory could tell from behind him that Amy was struggling not to break down sobbing at the loss of her Raggedy Man. All Rory wanted to do was to turn around and comfort his wife, but he couldn’t. Not yet.

Finally they managed to bypass the cleaning team and made it back on the path to the Doctor. The trio didn’t encounter many people, they were all rushing around them, clearly too busy to notice them. Soon, a little too soon, Rory thought, they reached the door where that led to where the Doctor was being held.

Understandable, it was crawling with guards who were a bit skittish after the Doctor’s attempted to escape.

River gathered the Ponds around her in a tight little group. “We need to find a way around them,” She whispered as she looked around. “Everybody here has probably been trained against the psychic paper.”

Rory looked around and knew River was right. There was no way they would be able to get past all these guards, not with the paper and not alone. He saw a supplies cardboard on the right. “Okay, listen.” Rory said to the girls and he told them his plan.


They waited in the supplies cardboard for a few hours until everything quieted down. It was nighttime and someone waxing the floor just passed when Rory opened the door it was empty. “The guards must be on break.” He whispered to the others and let them out.

Nobody spoke as River led the two Ponds down the hallway to the door that the Doctor was behind. There was a scanner and River took the sonic screwdriver from Rory’s hands and quickly opened it.

“We need to be quick.” River said to the Rory and Amy before she opened the door complete and they slipped in like thieves in the night.

The door led to another long hallway that had windows that showed large rooms with a metal table in the middle with straps. As the trio sped walked quietly down the hall, the noticed that all of the rooms were empty. But, at the very end of the hallway, there was a single room that wasn’t empty. On the table, which was currently upright, there was a teenage girl that was bone thin. Her chin was touching her chest and bobbing slightly up and down with her slow breathing. She had shoulder length dark brown hair.

“Who is that?” Amy asked Rory quietly and he shook his head.

The girl, who was quietly sleep, it seemed, suddenly lifted her head up and opened her mouth. A golden glittery-like energy slipped out from between her lips and dissipated in the air. Amy looked at Rory with a shocked look upon her face.

The girl strapped to the cold metal table was the Doctor.


Remember about that box that I told you about last chapter? It is truly spectacular. Try it out! And remember; the more I get helpful comments and reviews, the better I write.
Sign up to rate and review this story