Categories > Original > Horror > Friendship Kills

The Asylum Afternoon

by Axel_Insanity 0 reviews

Sylvester goes to find a contact, he just happens to be a patient at Medowview...no biggie

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror,Humor - Published: 2014-01-06 - 2130 words

0Unrated
Sylvester's POV

His parents called Stanley Septimus Saunders, I called him Issy, he called himself The Dark Conveyer...or Lexaeus, and the orderlies at MedowView asylum called him trouble. He was in solitary again. That means he couldn't get visitors. To verge off my normal path of eloquency...fuck...i don’t know how else to put it.
I paced back and forth outside MeadowView, wishing I had decided to get my ice cream first. I didn’t really want to be here anyways. I have much better ways to be spending my late morning hours. The secretary had been friendly, according to her if he’d been behaving and he’d stopped trying to make weapons out of his eating utensils he’d get out this afternoon. Can it wait until this afternoon? Should I try to break into solitary to talk to him? Ug, what a juvenile thought. Such things rarely work in the real world. I must be slipping up to have even had thought that! Id just have to make sure I was back here when they let him out of solitary. I started down the path again. Its rather annoying to think I will have to make a second trip here, one is plenty for me. Not that I don't like Issy...when he's lucid that is. Its just the fact that I have set myself up in a place most of the world would think I should be trapped if they knew the real me. But sadly I’m not crazy...well I guess I am a bit mad...but not in that sort of way. I sometimes find myself wishing I was though, it would make things quite a bit simpler on my end. A few brightly colored pills and it would all go away. You mean you wouldn't miss me? There he is again. “Not at all”, I muttered shaking my head. I heaved a sigh as I walked back in. If only I was crazy.

After dozens of pointless teen, fashion, and sports magazines, and several people commenting to me about the weather or current events I was getting rather bored. I'd been sitting in this waiting room for quite a while. What a mind numbing place. I was just getting ready to talk to the secretary again when I was at long last called back into the visiting room.

They hadn’t been kidding when they said they would bring him right out. Two orderlies were leading him towards me still trying to squirm out of his straight jacket.

“Unhand me you bleached bastards! My dark powers will end you all! The spawn of Satan shall rise and all of you will perish! I have heard of it with my own ears! How do you like that!? Huh? Let me go! Ahhh! I can't see the back of my head!” They just rolled their eyes and continued to lead him into the room. I had to smile a little, he was quite the person. “I shall summon the dead! Their figures shall rise from the ground like plants and ensnare you! You're lucky this damn building is hex proof! Fuck! White is not my color!” They sat him down across from me, he was still to involved with escaping to notice me.

“Hey there Issy.” I said casually. He stopped babbling and squirming suddenly

“Oh...hey Sylvester!” he said with a smirk. “Come to break me out old pal!?” he asked hopefully. The orderlies rolled their eyes again as they walked off

“Not today I’m afraid” I said with a small smile. “Today I just need some info, I-” before I could finish I was interrupted by a new comer.



“Whats wrong with you?” the new comer asked curiously. I took a moment to inspect him. He seemed, for the most part, average. Not scrappy or muscled. Not skinny or fat. A little short maybe but pretty much average height. His face however is what caught my attention...oddly enough even I took a double take. To put it un eloquently, he was beautiful. Despite this, his short wavy black hair, slightly darker skin, beautiful features and even his over all average but equally beautiful body, were forgotten as I made eye contact. It was impossible to tell what color they were, green one moment, brown the next, gold a few seconds later. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, this pull of attraction was not natural. I don't mean that in the homophobic sense, being un oriented myself...I have no time for relationships and the sort...i see no wrong in the acts. Love is what it is. What I meant by unnatural was, that, he was not quite human, there was something off. My whole day is starting to revolve around that it seems.

“Who are you?” I asked none to politely, I was rather upset with myself for being caught off guard so easily! Had it been a different situation, I might be dead.

“...Geoff.” He said, hand on his hip, frowning slightly. He said that as if it cleared everything up. He did have rather nice hips now that I looked at them. Nice shoulders too. Grrrrr! Again I had to clear my head, I shook slightly and turned back around, this wasn’t normal. What exactly was he? “What's wrong with you?” he asked again. They says the eyes are the window to the soul...which is why that’s the easiest way to lose it. I glanced out of the corner of my eye, until I knew what he was there was no way I was turning around and making eye contact again. He was still staring, now smirking slightly having noticed my reaction.

“I'm not a patient here, I’m just a visitor” I responded looking away again. I heard light footsteps as he came a little closer.

“I know you're not a patient, you smell different.” His fingers wrapped around the back of the chair, he was quick, I hadn't realized how close he'd gotten. “Theres no meds in your system, and you’re not as sterile and clean...not saying you need a shower or anything, things are just more controlled here.” His face was right next to mine now. “You have bad blood” he whispered from one side. “It's tainted, I can smell it.” he continued from the other. “Whats wrong with you?” He was whispering directly in my ear now. My brain was not sure how to react to this situation at all. I myself would stare unresponsive, trying to keep from pushing him away and getting aggressive. The part being affected by him was going nuts about how close he was and wanting to pull him closer. The thought of myself actually doing that was enough for me to snap out of it and regain my composure.

“Ah, that would be the cigarettes.” I responded sarcastically to the vampire behind me. “I’m a smoker.” He hopped back from the chair and shuddered slightly.

“Oooooo! Aren't you a rebel!” he said with a huge grin on his face, he seemed almost child like. “That would explain it!” he said with fake enthusiasm. I rolled my eyes. It hadn't been a lie, I was a smoker, he didn't buy that answer though. He seemed a bit disappointed he hadn't charmed the answer out of me, but at the same time he was enjoying himself, this was like a game to him. “Smoking doesn’t do that to blood” He said still grinning, I tensed slightly “You smell more like a-” He was cut of by the secretary who, luckily, poked her head back when she heard the other voice. Thank goodness!


“Geoffrey!!” She said scoldingly “Leave those two alone and get out of here before Dr. Stutzmen changes his mind and keeps you here ANOTHER 3 months!” His demeanor quickly changed as he picked up his bag.



“Yes ma’am!” He said as he began walking towards the exit “Catch ya later” he added giving me a quick wink before exiting the room. Vampires! A curse on the lot of them! Hostile and deceptive creatures for the most part!

“And seductive” Issy responded almost like he was reading my thoughts.“But don't worry, he's impure” I looked at him confused, he had had quite a strong presence for someone who had only been bitten. “I thought he was a full blood when I first met him to” He replied, again as if he read my thoughts. “Less then a year from the darkness I sense around him” I would have to keep an eye on that one I thought to myself. Mmmmm, of course you will! “Not for that reason!” I shot back.

“Giving ya trouble again” Issy asked tapping his pointer finger on his temple.

“Yes, which leads me to why I’m here. In the whole scheme of things this is not a pressing issue, but you can never be to safe.” I replied closing my eyes and steepeling my fingers in front of my face. Issy was silent for a while before replying with concern.

“...A-are you sure Sylvester? You really want me to try to read you again?” I heard some slight clattering as he shifted around in his jacket. “Even after last time?” now it was my turn to be silent as I thought it through. I opened my eyes a moment later.

“Yes, I’m sure.” I said placing my hands flat on the table “The information we find could be very helpful, like last time. The means are unimportant. I have the past experience to look upon no so I can ready myself this time.” Issy still looked rather worried.

“You would have to go through the flash backs all over again” he said quietly “on top of that it looked like making the connection cause a fair amount of pain on your end.” I shuddered involuntarily, he was right. The pain was nothing I couldn't handle, but that had come rather close to my limits. The flash backs on the other hand were one of the worst kinds of unpleasant I knew.

“I know Issy” I responded soothingly as I could. “But that’s no fault of yours. ...Yes I’m sure I want you to do it and I’m sure it needs to be done.” I finished confidently. He didn't look quite convinced but he raised his arms as much as he could.

“I’m going to need to use my hands.” he said monotonously staring at the table.

“Of course you will” I said with a small smile, standing and walking back towards the lobby. I poked my head through the doorway “Miss?” I called to the secretary. “Could we maybe get a nurse or something back here? He seems rather calm and I would enjoy talking to him while he's not in the jacket if that's possible.” She flashed a bright smile, I don't think she's used to having people be this polite, guess that's a plus on my end.

“Sure thing Hun,” she said picking up the phone, smiling one more time. I felt compelled to smile back at this kind motherly looking woman, only a small one mind you. I haven't gone soft. I walked back to the visiting room and sat down. In moments assistance arrived. Two in fact to my surprise. One started unbuckling him. I raised an eyebrow at Issy, flicking my eyes to the second one who was standing by nervously with a full syringe of what I assumed were sedatives. He just smirked in return, a maniac gleam in his eyes. In no time at all we were ready to go, they seemed to want to get away pretty fast once he was out, to both of our amusement. I made sure we were far enough away from the lobby no one could see us before I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Okay” I said looking across to Issy. “I’m ready.” With shaky limbs and a nervous expression he reached across and placed his left hand in the center of my chest. He closed his eyes and bowed his head in concentration. There was a jolt and I let out a small yelp as it began. Issy looked back up at me, bright blue eyes foggy and glazed. With his right hand he placed his middle finger in the middle of my forehead, leaving it there only a moment before making a clawing motion and pulling it back. The last thing I remember is watching his body seize up and seeing blue eyes turn bright red as he made connection and everything went dark.
Sign up to rate and review this story