Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book I: The Origins of the Warrior

Chapter 09: Countdown to Homecoming

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter AU Crossover. Extensive summary in profile.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Hermione,Quirinus Quirrell,Snape,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-08-08 - Updated: 2008-04-07 - 2488 words

3Original
Chapter 09: Countdown to Homecoming

Harry Potter entered the office of the Headmaster. He looked rather irritated, as he had more important things to do to chat with Dumbledore. Still, wanting to get the meeting over, Harry walked up to the Headmaster's desk. Dumbledore looked over his desk, with a twinkle in his eye. The twinkle unnerved Harry for some reason. Exactly what that reason was, remained a mystery but it did not give Harry reason to trust Dumbledore. Still, he sat down in a chair opposite of the Headmaster.

"Ah, Mr. Potter, I have been wanting to talk to you for quite some time," said Dumbledore giving his faux grandfatherly smile to Harry. "Do have a seat and make your self at home."

Pay dirt time or so Dumbledore thought. Ensnaring Harry under his spell was crucial if Dumbledore's plans were as his timetable demanded.

"Professor, why did you want to see me?" said Harry in a calm voice, which was respectful but also, indicated he would rather be other places at the moment.

Dumbledore looked at Harry calmly over his desk, still with that accursed twinkle in his eyes. After a few silent seconds, Dumbledore began speaking to Harry.

"Now, Harry, I must ask you a question," said Dumbledore. "Are you truly happy with the house you were sorted in?"

Harry looked at Dumbledore if he had completely taken leave of his senses. Why would Harry not be happy?

"Headmaster, I fail to see why I would not be happy," said Harry in a polite voice with just a hint of agitating breaking through the surface.

"Just concerned about your welfare, Harry. You would be better protected in the Gryffindor house. Perhaps you would be interested in a resorting," said Dumbledore, hoping Harry would swallow the bait.

"No, I am find where I am right now, thank you very much," said Harry. This seemed extremely odd to Harry. Was the Headmaster normally so interfering?

Dumbledore looked at Harry and decided to use his trump card.

"Would you care for a lemon drop, Mr. Potter?" asked Dumbledore kindly.

"No thank you, Headmaster," said Harry politely declining this strange sudden offer.

"Now, Mr. Potter, are you completely sure you do not want a resorting," said Dumbledore his eyes twinkling. "I could easily rearrange one straight away and you could be in a house that suits you better by tomorrow."

Harry looked at Dumbledore and shook his head.

"No, Professor, I do not want to be resorted," said Harry. "The sorting hat was right, it put me right where I was supposed to be.

"Now, Mr. Potter, the sorting hat could be wrong, after all nothing is perfect," said Dumbledore. "Now are you quite sure you would not care for a lemon drop?

The lemon drop again, what was with this old man and lemon drops? Despite the fact that Dumbledore was really starting to annoy him, Harry kept his cool because he needed to find out if Dumbledore was keeping anything from him as regards of the night Voldemort killed his parents and blowing up at Dumbledore would not help.

"I will have to respectfully decline your offer, Headmaster," said Harry as Dumbledore's eyes seemed to contain an angry glint replacing his normal twinkle but a second later the twinkle was back.

"I see, Harry," said Dumbledore who appeared to be fighting anger that was welling up inside him. "If you change your mind, you know where to find me. Now before you leave, are you quite sure you would not have a lemon drop; they are quite the tasty treat. You do not know what you are missing out on, Harry."

Dumbledore pushed the bowl towards Harry. Harry could see Dumbledore was intent of him having a lemon drop for some reason, but he did not know why. Harry had barley even known Dumbledore and he remembered the old ninja proverb, "don't take candy from strangers." Dumbledore might have as well been a stranger, as Harry did not know too much about the man.

"No thanks, Headmaster," said Harry in a bit more sharp yet still polite voice. "May I be dismissed now?"

Dumbledore gave Harry a curt nod as Harry. Harry rose to his feet, walking out of the Headmaster's office. Dumbledore saw Harry leaving the office. The boy had refused to take the bait. Dumbledore would have to attempt to manipulate the boy another way but the Headmaster could see young Harry Potter was extremely independent and strong willed. It would take a bit more careful planning. Dumbledore would not be denied his glory, no matter the cost.

If Phoenixes could breath a sigh of relief, Fawkes would most certainly be doing it right now. The Headmaster had not tricked Harry Potter but Fawkes knew it would be a long hard road, with many obstacles in the way. Dumbledore had not yet begun to play his demented game of chess at his dirtiest quite yet. The world would be in for Hell on Earth once Dumbledore tossed his respectful looking nature and showed his true colors to the entire world.

"I thought resorting students was strictly forbidden as it said in /Hogwarts: A History/, the sorting hat's word is final!" cried Hermione after Harry had told her, Daphne, and Theodore about his meeting in Dumbledore's office. "Otherwise, I would have asked for one by now because I am this close to strangling Ronald Weasley."

"Take a number and get in line," said Daphne. "He has been taking his Harry hatred to whole new level. Now he said you used dark magic to win the Quidditch Game against Gryffindor."

"If he used his eyes, he would know I had to jump off that broom because someone was jinxing it," said Harry angrily. "He never does miss a chance to paint me as Voldemort, Version 2.0."

"His brother is just as bad if not ten times worse. Not the twins, they seem okay but the prefect, that Percy clown," said Theodore. "If there was anyone in need of a good swift kick where the sun don't shine, it's that arrogant prat. I think he follows us around to get us in trouble"

"Yeah, he told me off yesterday for disrupting the peace of the Gryffindor Common Room," said Hermione. "Of course, the only reason I lost my temper is because his brother was slandering Harry again."

Harry shook his head in disgust. The nerve of some people astounded him sometimes. Of course, in a short amount of time, they would look like fools when the potion for the prank he was planning was in motion. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs seemed like a quartet of geniuses with some of their ideas. Harry hoped to meet them one day, to thank them for their inspiration.

It was night. Harry wandered the hallways. He had hoped he could find what he was looking for. The potion was ready; Harry just needed the means to administrate it and in a timely manner. The Christmas Holidays started in a few days and Harry needed to throw his little bout of chaos. To do so, Harry reckoned he would have to enlist an expert and finding Peeves the poltergeist would be the best way to solve this issue.

Looking around, still no Peeves. Where did that wretched poltergeist go off to tonight? He seemed to pop up when he was not needed but now Harry needed to employ his services and was nowhere in sight.

Suddenly a pop was heard. Harry looked up, seeing Peeves sitting in the air.

"Why it's Potty Wee Potter!" cried Peeves. "What is Potter doing lurking at night, I wonder?

Harry looked up at Peeves. He did not need Peeves to make a racket, to attract Filch.

"Listen, Peeves, I have a bit of a business proposition for you," said Harry. The poltergeist’s eyes went wide.

"What sort of business proposition does young Potter have in mind?" asked Peeves whose eyes were full of mischief.

"Oh, one of a pranking nature," said Harry.

Peeves' eyes went wide at the magic words.

"You have old Peevesie's full attention," said the poltergeist. "Young Mr. Potter following in his father's footsteps, eh. Peeves must say he is impressed at the ambition shown as the old Mr. Potter and his chums were excellent partners in crimes to old Peevsie."

"If you say so, Peeves. However, time goes short. Could you make sure this finds its way into the drinks for tomorrow at Breakfast?" asked Harry hopefully.

Peeves bobbed up in the air, before saluting Harry.

"Peeves swears on his honor he will not let young Mr. Potter down," said Peeves. "Any other special instructions does Peeves need to know."

"Yes," said Harry. "Ensure it cannot be traced back to me in anyway."

Peeves nodded, taking the vial Harry had handed with him. The poltergeist was never one to turn down a chance to have chaos. Peeves swooped off cackling madly. Harry could not wait until tomorrow at Breakfast, it should be a fun time for all.

"So, what is everyone's plans for the Holiday," said Harry mildly. "I cannot wait to go home myself and spend some quality time with my family. I have not seen them in person for five months, only on the other side of the two-way mirrors. So, it is a fond homecoming for me, if I may say so."

"Ah yes, your enigmatic family," said Nott. "You have been extremely vague on the subject yet you have brought them up a few times. So what's the big secret?"

"When I feel the time is right, I will tell you," said Harry. "I am not going to tap dance around the subject for much longer, so you will find out sooner rather than later. What are you doing Theodore?"

"I am spending with my Mum this year," said Theodore. "Thankfully I don’t have to spend it with my father, because that means I would have to talk to the children of all of my father's high society pals. A few weeks with only Malfoy and his cronies are not something I wish on anyone. I would rather undergo Chinese water torture then spend a few more minutes with Malfoy."

Theodore looked uncomfortable at the point. The subject of his parents was always a tough one as they had separated when he was seven. Swiftly, Harry changed the subject.

"Hermione, what are you doing over the Holidays?" asked Harry.

"Oh my parents are taking me to a trip to the states. New York to be more precise," said Hermione. "Maybe we can meet up or something and you can introduce me to your mysterious family there."

Harry just nodded. This was going to be an intriguing experience, although Hermione would probably be the easiest to explain the effects of the ooze to, as it could be only explained by Muggle genetics.

"Well, I guess you will just have to fill us in over why Harry had been extremely vague on the subject," said Theodore. "So what about you, Daphne?"

"Oh same old, same old Holiday stuff," said Daphne. "Visiting family, exchanging gifts, the usual. Not as intriguing as it sounds, believe me."

Harry just nodded but he heard a pop. Then several more pops.

"What is that?" inquired Daphne, looking at Weasley who looked irritated before a pop signified the effects of the prank had begun to work.

The Great Hall was filled with clowns. Nearly every student had been turned into a clown. McGonagall looked enraged and raised out of her seat.

"Looks like she is going to try to pin this on someone, but whom?" wondered Harry, looking amused, as the effect of the prank had taken effect on him.

"Harry Potter," hissed Hermione. "What did you do now?"

"Nothing, Peeves did the dirty work," said Harry who was fighting hard, trying not to laugh at Malfoy with white make up and green and pink hair with a fluffy yellow outfit with red polka a dots. "I just made and supplied the potion. Don't worry, it wears off in a few hours, I think"

Hermione just responded by looking at Harry with a stern look that could rival McGonagall.

Fred and George Weasley looked at their drinks. As it turned out, they did not drink anything as of yet and now they looked at the Great Hall. It was completely filled with clowns. McGonagall, blue hair and giant red nose among other things had rounded upon the Weasley twins.

"Fred and George Weasley!" bellowed McGonagall. "My office, right now!"

Fred and George got up, looking bewildered. They did not pull this prank, as hard as it was to believe that.

"But we did not do anything," said George. "Honest, Professor, you have got to believe us."

"You expect me to believe that," snapped Professor McGonagall. "You two were the only one's who were not affected by the potion. Now if you do not argue, you may only get off with a week's detention. Now get going."

Fred and George got up, looking solemn. This was the second time in many months where a prank had been pulled and they were innocent. It appeared to them a serial prankster was on the loose and they would need to find out who it is to clear their honorable, dishonorable names.

Harry felt bad of the fate of the twins but at least Weasley looked like a fool, with green and blue hair and a pink outfit with purple polka dots, as did Malfoy in his little number. Still, the school would not be forgetting this little prank for quite some time, so Harry's mission was accomplished.

"I sure love it when a plan comes together," said Harry to no one in particular.

The remaining few days before the beginning of the break flew by rather quickly. Harry had done a little more researching on Nicholas Flamel but he had come up with little in the way of new information. It was the sixteenth of December. Hermione and her parents would be arriving on the twenty-second and the following day, Harry and Hermione made plans to meet up at Central Park, and then Harry would introduce Hermione to the Turtles and Splinter. He just prayed she would not faint or worse, freak out completely. Harry had packed up everything he had owned. He twirled the Portus-Amulet on his neck. Placing his wand to it, he thought of his destination, the corner of the warehouse at Eastman and Laird.

With a pull, Harry vanished completely from his dormitories. Flowing smoothly at the speed of light, Harry arrived at the warehouse with the elevator leading to the lair. Smiling, while punching a few numbers, he thought of another old ninja proverb, "there's no place like home." He felt he had much catching up to do with his brothers and Master Splinter.
Sign up to rate and review this story