Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 34: Full Circle

by sgSixx 0 reviews

what happens in Vegas...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-01-24 - 3575 words

1Funny
CHAPTER 34: FULL CIRCLE
June 26, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada

Vegas. It was a very hot summer night in a stadium to a sold out crowd. Heather had made arrangements for them to be greeted with a few ounces of blow upon their arrival at the hotel. They had all unanimously decided not to let it go to waste. Why not stay up and enjoy all Vegas had to offer rich young rock stars. Tonight they all vowed to stick together as a group instead of venturing off in separate directions. It was a large group because of the bodyguards and female companionship. Seth and D were rarely apart these days, press or no press. Martin and Maggie had become an item. Brian and Madison were pretty much exclusive, despite the fact that Brian wouldnt admit to any such.
Tonight was going to be an ode to the old days before Havoc's complications. At one time they had been like a family, but the road and the drugs had torn them apart. Tonight was going to be different. Casinos were virtually everywhere. Naturally they planned to gamble a bit. Seth was a natural gambler and the luckiest person they knew. They had always wanted to get him to Vegas to see what he was made of. Of course he won big.
That night was a very special night for Martin. Tonight he was going to make his first attempt to sleep with Maggie. This could work out just fine, they were technically boy friend and girlfriend, and had been for some while now. It was time to move it up a notch. However with Maggie, it might be more like the mating rituals of non domesticated large cats.
Danny's goal while he was in Vegas was to land him a showgirl. He wanted one wearing big fluffy feathers and gems. He was the only one of them, besides Devin without a significant other. Danny still partied like a rock star. He had no reason to settle down or slow up any. What was the point?
Even Devin planned to shed the business suit tonight and revert back to his old ways. He wanted to remember when this was all fun too.Everything had spun so out of control so fast. . It was a little better now that Seth was no longer on heroin. However the coke and the whiskey hadnt stopped for any of them. They were at least maintaining for now. Tonight he wanted to bond with his old friends again.
The hours faded into early morning. By then Martin was fast at work trying to cheat at blackjack. He may have been a near genius, but apparently it didnt apply to blackjack. Maybe he was distracted by the way Maggie was partying like a rock star, shot for shot and line for line. Brian was putting on his best poker face. Madison was apparently his good luck charm. She hung around his neck like a necklace. Danny was on the hunt for feathers and frills. D was laying bets on Roulette. Devin couldnt pass up the cliche of the slots. And Seth was slinging dice at the craps tables. Cameras flashed away at him and D and they didnt even care. This was their night, to hell with the press. They acted platonic, but that was the best they were getting out of them.
About 3 hours and 6,500 in chips to the better they decided to head out to a club. Madison said it was the place to be. She had been to Vegas several times with other bands. Maggie made all the arrangements for them to have some privacy away from the general public. This way they could continue to snort their drugs and Seth and D could act inappropriated if they so desired.
As the night progressed they drank so much and did so much coke that they had reached a new new realm. By 6 am they were staggering from the club in the morning twilight. They couldnt help but shade their bloodshot eyes at the rising sun. Their next stop was to go change clothes. If paparazzi say them in the same clothes rumors would begin to fly.So they showered and changed and made themselves look as if it were a brand new day and not the continuation of yesterdays.
Around 10 am they lost Danny. He was still on his quest to find his showgirl. He eventually had success in his task. After watching about three stupid shows at the hotel he found a showgirl who just so happened to be a fan. He took the feather clad girl back to his room and remained there with her until show time.
Martin, after a month of being exclusive with Maggie, managed to wear her down with his charms. Then again it could have been the coke and booze. She rocked his world. She was such a hell cat in bed. She made Martin feel like a scolded school boy and he absolutely loved it. This girl was made to be his.
Seth, D, Brian, Madison, and Devin drank at the hotel bar. The coke had them still wide awake but they had no business being that way. By the time the show rolled around they barely knew their own names. They could barely stand, much less perform. It definately showed on the stage. Brian kept messing up his soles. Martin whos playing was always flawless was even losing his place. Danny was so far gone his drumsticks kept flying from his hands as he would play. Seth kept forgetting lyrics to songs he himself wrote. D kept getting tripped up in her heels as they danced, or actually more or less stumbled and laughed. Havoc was not happy, but they were prepared for such antics.
After the show they finally parted ways having basically spent most of the past 24 hours together. Madison led Brian off who really needed to go to bed. None other. None of them had ever seen him this trashed, not even Devin. Nor could they believe he went onstage in such a condition. They never saw him as doing such.
Danny kept the party rolling with some groupies. At some point security ushered him to the bus so he didnt get left behind. He vaguely remembered a club and Sage and Dr. Kitty. He didnt remember many details, but there were context clues which led him to think he had had a complete blast.
Devin, still reeling from coke and booze himself decided to borrow one of the guys groupies for a while. Tiffany he believed was her name. She took him to some stadium locker room and tied him down to a bench with panty hose. When he came too he was being untied by a couple of guys from the road crew. At least she had pulled his underwear back up.
D gave Seth a sultry smile and whispered in his ear, "I think its time for a little Xanax."
He faced her with that coy smile she loved so much. They both stuck some in their mouth and killed them down with a beer. About that time some girl walked up in between them. She approached D with a smile and planted a killer kiss on her. Seths eyebrows raised with a beaming smile as he watched. He didnt believe what he was seeing, but he sure liked it. He had never seen D get hit on by some female groupie before. It was turning him on. Yet, he could only seem to stand there frozen. He just watched in awe as D actually kissed the girl back.
When the two girls lips had parted Seth couldnt resist the urge to pull D to him for a kiss of his own. He didnt want the groupie to go anywhere so he pushed the girls two faces back together. Seth had done the threesome thing countless times, but one of the girls had never been D. He was too turned on to let this opportunity pass him by. The 3 of them made their way back to D's room and were up until the wee morning hours with the nameless groupie. She may have been mute, she never uttered a single word.

June 28, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada

Martin twist his hips to roll over. His body didnt move. He opened his eyes to see Maggie sprawled out over his stomach. He wasnt use to a girl being draped over him as he slept. He was used to groupie which you couldnt get that close to without giving them a wrong idea. Martin had apparently forgotten she was there. He lightly moved her red hair and smiled. He was glad to see her there. He could certainly get use to this.
Who would have ever thought he would find his dream girl at 22 1/2? He was young and rich and popular and could get any girl he wanted. But she was the one. Maggie kept him in check. She could party hard when she wanted. She always told him exactly what was on her mind. He was in love. He couldnt wait for this leg of the tour to be over so he could focus all his time on her.

That morning Brian's eyes opened to the sun shining in his face. His head pounded and felt 10 times larger than it really was. His stomach churned with the effects of a bad hangover. He ran his left hand over his face, it was sticky and clammy. The days of coke were just oozing from his pores. He felt something hard across the brim of his nose as he rubbed his face again. He glanced to his hand to see some fake gumball machine ring on his finger. He thought nothing of it, worked it off and tossed it onto the night stand.
He sat up on the edge of the bed feeling dizzy. He didnt even remember how he got back to the hotel. He assumed Madison and Joe must have helped him. The last thing he remembered was doing shots with Devin, Madison, Seth, and D at the hotel bar. He stretched with a yawn and looked over his shoulder to see Madison sprawled out naked on the bed next to him. He rose to his feet and staggered to the window. He peeked out, blinded by what must have been high noon sunlight. He looked around the room for clues to piece his night together, but it was a complete blank.
He was startled by the phone ringing. He didnt know if it was a wake up call, his assistant, or management. The ringing ached in his hungover ears. He answered it as quickly as possible to stop the pain. "Yeah?"
"Good morning Mr. Ward, its Glen Stevens from Say So Magazine."
Brian sighed. He had apparently forgotten he had an interview this morning. Yeah?
"So tell me how it feels to be a married man?" The reporter asked.
Brian was silent, unsure he had heard him correctly. "What?" he drowisly asked.
The guy repeated himself, "How does it feel to be married?"
Brian glanced to the fake ring on the night stand. "What?" He asked again. "I...Im not married...Who said I was married?
"Well," the guy said sounding confused, "You personally called me last night...You said you would give me an exclusive interview this morning."
He saw Madisons hand stretch out over the pillow. He saw a similar gumball ring on her finger. It was on her left hand. Oh my god! Did he marry her last night? She was a groupie! How was this going to look Was it true How could he explain this Better yet, how could he get out of it if it were true?

D's eyes fluttered and opened. Right off she realized she was in a hotel room. It was day time due to the annoying light shining through the windows. She felt an arm across her stomach. She was delighted because it was Seth. She didnt even remember sleeping with him but appparently she had. He was all warm and naked curled up next to her. he last thing she recalled was the club Madison took them to. She had zero memory of their second Vegas show or spending half the night in bed with Seth and some mute groupie.
She grabbed her phone to see what time it was. It was almost 4 pm. She sat up looking over the room. Was this her room? Or was it Seth's? She reached over and shook his shoulder. "Seth..."
"Hummmm?" he mumbled still half asleep.
She cleared her throat, "Its 4...almost time for sound check."
He slightly opened his eyes with a yawn, "No sound check...we's jus gots ta drive down ta Reno before da show." He re nestled his head back down on the pillow.
"But what about the other show here in Vegas?" She asked.
Seth squint an eye at her. "We's done da otha Vegas show."
"Huh?" She asked feeling confused.
"We's done two Vegas shows...dont ya's rememba las nite?"
D looked to him with a questioning befuddled look. "The last thing I remember is that club we went to," she shrugged.
Seth shifted his weight up on his elbows and gave her a strange look. Baby dat wuz before our second show...You's missin time."
D said nothing as she struggled to remember.
Seth began filling in the bla second show...You's missin time."
D said nothing for her. "We's done da show las night den you's, me, an...an..." he couldnt recall the girls name. Apparently they had never asked her. He shrugged, "dat mute girl...we..." he paused and glanced up at her feeling himself blush.
"What are you saying?" She asked.
He nervously smiled up at her innocently and shrugged, "Threesome."
"WHAT!?" She blurted, "You screwed me and some groupie?! Together?!"
"Well," he shrugged, "Yeah.."
D nervously jumpped from the bed in search of clothes. "Who's room is this?" She impatiently asked.
"Yours," he answered seeing how uncomfortable the whole threesome thing was making her. "Ya's really dont rememba nothin?"
"No!" She said sounding angry as she grabbed her shirt from the floor.
"She's come on ta you," he explained, "afat da show. Is jus come along as a third wheel."
"Yeah," she sarcastically remarked, "a third leg too Im sure.
Seth smiled with a stretch, "Well somebody had ta play da part of da strap on."
D glared at him, "Look...I know threesomes come as second nature to you...but...I dont remember shit! Not one single detail!" She shook her head, "How could you let me do that?"
His eyebrows raised, "I aint rememba you's askin me shit about it...Jus chill baby...its jus sex."
"Im sure thats easy for you to say," she said realizing she couldnt find the rest of her clothes. "Where the hell are my clothes?" She asked searching frantically.
Seth could see how embarrassed she was. "Ya bags is in da closet," he pointed. "What yous wuz wearin las nite...kinda...gots broke."
D walked to the closet not eben wanting to know how. "What time do we leave for Reno?"
"Round bout 5:30," he yawned.
"Good," she nodded, "I feel the need for a shower."
He smiled, "Ya's took a showa round bout 3 am...wits me."
"Did I actually shower?" She asked knowing it was most likely more sex than showering.
"Yeah," he nodded, "Kinda." He smiled and pat her side of the bed, "Jus come back ta bed."
"No, Im up now," she said reaching for her purse for some Xanax.
Seth watched her silently for a moment. "I aint thank no less of ya's."
D couldnt even look him in the eye.
"Its straight baby...aint nothin changed...we's all done been trashed before."
"How can you be so damn casual about this?"
"Cuz it aint nothin but a thang. Aint no differ'nt dan da rest a da one night stands we's done had...we's jus shared dis one...dats all."
She rolled her eyes, "Because Ive never had a threesome! You think I like sharing you?"
Seth sat up, "Hand ta god baby...Is aint neva gone be wit nobody but you eva again. You's my girl."

"MADISON!H Brian yelled jerking the covers off her.
"Humm?" She drowisly asked with a stretch and a smile.
"Get up!" He snapped throwing her a robe.
"Whats the deal?" she asked sitting up and noting his anger.
"The deal?" He hissed. Hwe picked up the fake gold band from the night stand and threw it at her. "Thats the fucking deal!!"
Madison looked at him fearfully, "Just calm down," she soothingly spoke.
"How can I calm down?! I have reporters calling me asking how it feels to fe fucking married!" He yelled. "How in the fuck did I end up married? Is this some kind of fucking joke?!"
Madison reached for a folded piece of paper next to the bed and quietly extended it out to him. He jerked it from her hand and opened it. It was a state of Nevada marriage liscense. The names on it read Brian Jay Ward and Gina Marie Madison. He didnt even know her name was Gina. He barely knew her at all. How in the world could this have happened? He didnt plan to wake up married to some groupie. Better yet, why couldnt he remember one shred of the details.
"You wanna tell me how the hell this happened?" He asked angrily. "When the hell, how the hell, and why the hell are we married?"
"It was after the show last night...You told me you loved me...You said 'hey I bet if i marry a groupie Ill get some press finally,"
She saw him boiling, "Get the fuck out!" He pointed to the door.
"Wh...why...You said you loved me...and I did too...why are you being like this?"
"Bullshit," he yelled out. "I would have never married...some groupie."
His words cut deep after all the things he had told her last night. He told he saw her as more than that. He told her how much fun he had with her. He told her how much it turned him on that she could play a guitar. And most importantly he told her that he had fallen in love with her. "Yeah," she sadly sighed, "you did."

June 28, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Seth danced out on the stage with D. God he loved her. It was hard not to show it onstage. He did to some degree, but not as much as he wished he could have. If a crowd of thousands werent watching their embraces they would have been tighter. He would let his lips explore her sweating flesh. His eyes would confess his undying love for her. Their bodies would move with little regard to onlookers. But despite their restraint anyone could see they were in love. Thanks to Havoc a normal relationship was unattainable. They seemed ill fated to love one another from afar. Seth however hadnt been trying so hard to go with Havocs facade lately. Since he gave up heroin he vowed to show D he cared. Rumors were starting to circulate again, but he didnt care.
When he was with her the world disappeared. He wanted to tell her a hundred times a day that he loved her, but she was always on Xanax. If she didnt remember it again it would drive him to heroin again. He had promised her no more heroin. When he looked at her he saw all he ever wanted or needed in life. He knew that normal people came into this world under the unbreakable loving bond of parents. Then they would raise that child with that love. Then one day that child would share that love with a family of their own. Love was a basic instinct for most. It hadnt been so instinctual for him. Love was something he had to learn. Now that he had he knew it was for real, and it was all D's. He knew the time was right. He was ready for a family of his own.
He looked to her in his arms. His smile held an amazed expression. He looked at her as if there was nothing else to see. Without heroin, she was his drug of choice now. Nothing but her satisfied that craving inside him. She was his world, his entire exsistance. He couldnt wait for a 6 month break to become the man she deserved. He wanted to show her the world and lavish her with gifts. He wanted her at his side every day and in his arms every night.
As the stage lights faded out he gave her a tender smile and a kiss on the shoulder. He wanted to whisper 'I love you'. He instead asked, "Can I sees ya lata?"
She nodded and wanted to smile but didnt. She was happy, but their happiness came at a very high price. She had been through too much to even smile anymore. But that love for him still burned bright. Havoc could try to keep them apart. They could keep them busy. They could fine then every day, but they couldnt erase the love they felt for one another. Nothing could take that away.
Sign up to rate and review this story