Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter Fourteen

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-02-03 - 875 words

0Unrated
Thompson was silent the whole way back to the house, his face blank. "Guys, leave me to talk to Thompson, okay? We'll be inside in a few minutes." They left me alone with him in the van.

I climbed into the seat with him and slid the door shut. "Hey." I touched his arm. He jumped and looked at me. "I let her choose." I grabbed his shoulders and looked straight into his blue eyes. "If she didn't want it, she wouldn't have asked it of me. And I sure as hell wouldn't have done it."

"I know. But she...she was my sister. My bestfriend." Tears built in his eyes. He touched his cheek as one rolled across his skin. "Huh?"

I wiped the tears off of his face and hugged him. "It's okay. She's with her mate now. She's happy with him. Just think about how happy she is now." He nodded against my shoulder and pulled away.

"I'm happy now, too. I get to be close to you everyday." His hand cupped my neck. "Maybe not in every single way possible. But just being here with you is enough." I sighed.

"What is in all of your man brains that makes you love me?" I asked, more to myslef than him. "If I wanted, I could kill you. So easily." I brushed my fingers over my wrist where Mary had bit me. "And yet all of you are unafraid of me."

"I am. But to fear the woman you love is natural in every breed. Especially humans." I had to laugh at that truth.

"Yes, but in most breeds, the woman doesn't accidentally kill the man. I could. You, Andy, Matt, John, Alex and even Jack. If I took off my first ring, I could accidentally kill you all." His eyes widened. "Yes, I am like Arthur. We are the strongest of the our race."

"I...I didn't know that." He huffed. "Arthur didn't hide his true form from us, but never spoke of someone else like him..." He stared at me. "You must be the most beautiful creature without the first ring on." My face felt red.

"From what I've heard from Arthur, I am. But I am also the most deadly." I looked at him. "And no, the ring will never come off." His face fell. "Let's go eat breakfast." I patted his shoulder and opened the van door, climbing out.

He followed, sliding it shut. Inside, the smell of eggs, bacon and pancakes filled the air. The guys were settled in the livingroom, including Jack, eating their food. "We saved you some." John beamed up at me, a piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth.

I smiled and snatched it from him, biting it in half as I headed to the kitchen. "I'm not hungry." Thompson said softly. "I'm going to go upstairs, okay?" He looked at me.

"Okay." I waved him off. He ran up the stairs. "Holy shit! Jack, did you make a big enough mess?!" I asked, looking around the kitchen. The sink was full of dirty dishes.

The counters were lined with plates with a small portion of what food they held. He came into the kitchen behind me, a wide smile on his face. "Nope. I coulda done worse. But I'll stay and help you clean."

I sighed and took half of what was left of the food on a plate and grabbed a fork. "Okay. I'm going to take this up to Thompson. In case he changes his mind." I didn't wait for anyone's reaction as I took the stairs on my toes.

When I stopped outside of the room Thompson was sharing with John, I heard him crying. I knocked lightly and opened the door. "Hey." I breathed, setting the plate full of food on the desk. He was laying on the bed, his face buried against his knees.

"H-hi." He hiccupped and sat up, rubbing violently at his eyes. I sat next to him and pulled him into my arms. For a long moment, he didn't move.

When he did, his arms wrapped around me and he hid his face against my neck. Even though I couldn't see him crying, I could feel it.

His body shaking with the silent sobs. The wetness against my neck. I held him tightly, slightly rocking him like he was a little boy who had just woke from a nightmare.

When he finally pulled back, his cheeks were bright red and his eyes were puffy. "Thank you." He said, a small smile on his face. I cupped his cheek and smiled back.

"Any time." I whispered, kissing his forehead. "You should eat. It'll make you fee better. "He nodded. "If you need me, you know where to find me." I stood and, with another smile, left.

Why must my life be weighed down with so much death? I sighed and stopped half way down the stairs by the window, leaning against the wall. I knew the answer to my own desperate question.

Arthur. Arthur is why my life has so much death in it. I clenched my fists tightly. "I hate him." I snarled under my breath, my lips parting to show my teeth.
Sign up to rate and review this story