Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > The Secret is Out

Chapter 6

by Bleto 0 reviews

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-08 - 1140 words

0Unrated
The appointment extended for an hour. That was the set time for each «therapy» Jared would have; an hour in which nothing came out of Jared’s lips. She had made him lie back on the divan and made him close his eyes. He did lie on it, but he refused to close his eyes. He knew that if he did, memories would come rushing at him and he would speak.

“Relax. I’m not your enemy here.” She said softly, sitting next to him. “I am here to help you, Jared.” A smile found its way to the psychologist’s lips.

Jared looked at her for a brief moment to then turn his head towards the large window without saying a word. He could see the whole city from there, and he wondered where in that big city she could be. He lost himself in his own world and he decided to forget about the kind psychologist next to him who was trying to help him.

Leah sighed frustrated and closed her eyes briefly as she tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear. She looked up at him. She allowed herself to study the features of the man in front of her. His blue eyes seemed distant, lost and sad. They didn’t shine; they didn’t have that sparkle that you normally expect to find in somebody’s eyes. His face was thin with sharp jawline and covered in stubble. His nose was small, upturned, those that are rare in men. His skin was light, making contrast with his dark hair. He was skinny, way too skinny for her liking. He practically swam in his clothes. But in spite of his tired eyes and haggard inland, she found him unbelievable attractive.

«Maybe if he weren’t so broken, we could be…» Her alarm clock rang, snapping her out of her unprofessional thoughts.

She jumped a little in her seat as Jared turned his face to her, confused. She smiled briefly, feeling how the blood ran quickly to her cheeks, making them bright red. She stood up swiftly and walked towards the desk to turn the alarm off. Not sure if the red on her cheeks had gone, she turned around to face Jared, who was already sat upright on the divan.

“That would be all for today.” She announced, lifting her glasses off of the tip of her nose. And she smiled again, this time the smile was nervous and she tried hard not to lower her gaze when he approached her.

“Thank you.” He said, reaching a hand for her to shake.

She looked down at his hand and then back up at him, taking his hand in hers. A shock wave shot through her senses and she tried to give the best of her smiles. She wasn’t sure if it came alright. “Nothing to be thankful for, Jared.” She let go of his hand. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Jared gave a small nod and headed towards the door, placing his fedora on his head before leaving the consulting room.

She let out a puff of air, making a loud sound as she slumped down on her own divan. She stared blankly at the ceiling, thinking about what had just happened. She had been so unprofessional, letting those silly thought flood her mind. She wasn’t there to try to make him fall in love with her; she was there to try to help him move on from whatever thing had happened to him. She scolded herself for having acted like a 15 year-old girl with a huge crush. She sighed loudly and focused on the only important thing: help him out.

Jared parked his truck in the driveway and killed the engine. He sighed heavily and, taking his fedora off, he raked his hand through his tousled hair. He hoped the psychologist would give up soon. This was tiring and stupid, but he had promised Shannon he would give it a try for the sake of everybody, especially for Jared’s sake, Shannon had said.

He glanced over to the rear view mirror and saw his reflection in it. The gleam in his eyes was missing and he wondered if there was something, someone out there that could bring it back to them. He doubted it highly. The only person that could do that had gone and Jared knew she wasn’t coming back.

He got out of the truck and headed towards the front door. When he opened it, he saw Shannon in the living room turning his head towards his brother.

“How’d it go?” The hazel-eyed asked.

“It’s useless, Shannon.” Jared stated, not glancing back to his brother as he made his way to the stairs.

“You didn’t talk to her, did you?”

“No.”

Shannon shot up to his feet and caught up with his brother, who was about to go upstairs. He took him roughly by his left arm, making him turn around.

“What the fuck, man!” Shannon nearly yelled. “We’re all trying to help you here, trying to get you out of the hole you’ve dug and jumped in, and you don’t give a single shit.” Shannon’s voice heightened and his anger increased when Jared’s reaction didn’t tell him anything at all. “At least act like you fucking care, goddammit!”

“Who said I want to be helped, Shannon?” Jared finally spoke. “Who the fuck told you I want your help? Because I sure didn’t.” The younger brother’s anger came to the surface. “I don’t want your, or anyone’s fucking help. I am fine the way I am. I’m used to it. I’ve lived this way for a while now, I think I’ll survive a while longer.” He said incredibly sarcastically and detached.

“Are you? Are you really fine with this «life»?” Shannon shot back, and he continued when his brother didn’t say a word. “You’re far from being fine, Jared. And you might not want help, but you fucking need it, and you’re fucking getting it.” Shannon pointed a finger to his angry brother. “This is destroying us all, Jared, and I won’t be taking any of this shit anymore. Like it or not, you’re getting the help you fucking need.” Shannon stated sternly before walking away from Jared to the door. He got out of the house, slamming the door shut on his way out.

Jared’s jaw and fists tightened madly, and he shot a gaze full of anger towards the door. “Fuck.” He muttered under his breath.

The charade he was hoping would end soon was going to be long. And it was going to be a torture for him. There was no way out.
Sign up to rate and review this story