Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Building a Mystery

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Rose gets some shocking news from work that sends her on her way to a new life.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2014-02-14 - 515 words - Complete

0Unrated
Building a Mystery:

-Rose-

I can't understand how all of this happened. Six days ago, I went into work expecting it all to be another normal day. Around ten in the morning, Katherine came over to my cubicle. A concerned look came over my face.

"Katherine?" I asked. "What's the problem?"

"Can I see you in my office for a minute?" she whispered. I glanced around rather uneasily.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"Just come on," she said. Katherine turned and walked back to her office. Curious and worried, I rose from my chair and followed behind. I found my boss at her desk when I entered her office.

"Come in, take a seat," she told me. I complied without my worry easing up.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. Katherine smiled as she shook her head at me.

"No, no," she said. "I just want to talk for a minute."

"Alright," I muttered. She gave me a harmless smile.

"How are you doing?" my boss asked.

"Good, I guess," I answered.

"I'm happy to hear that," Katherine replied. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Look, can you please tell me what this is about?" I asked. "I need to get back to work."

"I am aware of that," my boss said. "Just stay with me for a second."

"Okay..." I mumbled.

"Tell me, where do you see yourself in five years?" she asked. I gave her a blank stare.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?" Katherine asked again. I sat there trying to think of an answer.

"I don't really know," I said. She smiled and shook her head at me.

"I see so much in you," Katherine said. "You have grown so much as a journalist over the years."

"Thank you," I said.

"I don't think you have a future here with us anymore," she went on. I stared at her.

"What?" I asked. She leaned forward on her desk.

"You don't belong here anymore," Katherine said in a low voice. "You need to get out, expand yourself." I tilted my head at her.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying, you're fired," Katherine explained. "Now go to Chicago with Pete." My jaw practically dropped.

"What?" I asked.

"Just go!" my boss yelled. "This is just as hard on me as well!" We debated this for about five minutes before I gave out. Katherine took in a deep breath.

"Your last day will be in six days time, do you understand?" she asked.

"Yes," I answered reluctantly.

"Good," my soon-to-be former boss said. "That is all." Today, I am on a plane heading for Chicago. I still can't really grasp the reality of this situation just yet. Suddenly, a hand closes around mine. I looked up to see Pete staring deep into my eyes.

"Petey," I whispered. He gently shushed me as he pressed his forehead against mine.

"Everything will okay, got it?" he whispered. I pressed my lips together as I nodded. Part of me wanted to believe that so badly in the high skies.

Chaos Reigns
Sign up to rate and review this story