Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 43: No Hope

by sgSixx 0 reviews

losing all hope things start to get drastic

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-02-21 - 2716 words

1Exciting
CHAPTER 43: NO HOPE
May 10, 2010
Rome, Italy

Seth's very sedated eyes blurred as he held on to the glass counter top looking down at the engagement rings inside of it. He felt bad about chunking the ring of the balcony. So he decided to get another one. He was proposing to her the minute he saw her! That is, if he ever saw her again. Heroin mostly numbed him, however thoughts of her still passed through his head.
All the emotion and pain he felt was very heavily sedated, there were only thoughts. But when the heroin wore off tides of unbridled feelings would creep back in, forcing him to kill it all away once again. Heroin or no heroin, he loved her. He still longed for the apple linger of her hair, to be lost in her turquoise eyes, and to lightly brush his lips across her shoulder. He had to get her back.
His eyes tried to focus on a platinum ring with a blue teardrop shaped diamond. The entire band was crushed diamonds. A salesman walked up to Seth and said something in Italian. Seth recognized the language right away. He knew a little Italian from Vera, but not enough to speak fluently like he could in Spanish.
"Posso aiutarla?" The man asked him if he could help him. He looked to him strangely because of how incredibly high he was in his appearence.
Seth could barely hold himself up. He could see the uncomfortable look on the salesman's face. Seth just didnt care anymore. He drowisly forces his eyes to stay open as he points to the ring he wants to see. "Quello," Seth slurred saying 'that one'.
"Vuoi che prenderlo per voi?" The man asked if he wanted him to take the ring out.
Seth nodded and did his best to stay lucid enough to conduct business.
The salesman pulled the ring out of the case and extended it out to Seth, though he didnt seem so sure about it. Seth slowly took it from the guy and stuck it onto his pinky, and said that he would take it, "Lo voglio." He reached around his back slowly and retrieved his wallet. He pulled out his credit card and gave it to the guy. His eyes fell back onto the ring he had stuck on. The man looked over his shoulder saying something that Seth only understood half of.
"Ti piacerebbe a verlo assicurato?"
Seth only knew he was asking him if he wanted something. He had no clue what to say so he just nods.
The man brought him back his card and a receipt. "Basta registrarsi qui e qui," he points to the receipt and extends a pen out to Seth.
Seth assumed he wanted him to sign it so he limply did with the speed of a turtle. Seth mumbled to him 'thanks dog' in Italian, "Grazie cane." He stumbled and Javier quickly caught him.
"Esta's bien?" Javier asked if he was ok. "Ahora que haras? Sobredosis?" Asking what was next? Oversose?
Seth lightly shrug as he let the words trickle out. "Estoy tratando morir, pero no me dejan..."
Javier looked to him worried. He just told him that he kept trying to die but they wouldnt let him. This raised a red flag. He knew how much Seth just didnt care anymore. That was dangerous. "De que' hablas?"he asked Seth what he meant by that?
Seth slightly shook his head, "No importa," he slurred nevermind as he focused on walking. Javier was basically carrying him.
From inside the limo Jennifer can see him swaying. She sighs deeply. Seth was killing himself. He was so messed up all of the time. It wasnt like it had been before, it was much worse. Seth was shooting up to six times a day now. Now in the morning the first thing he did was vomit. Following that would be a buffet of pills, whiskey and heroin. He appeared highly sedated all the time. He could barely walk on his own anymore. Most nights Jennifer and Javier had to put him to bed. When he spoke it was nothing but jibberish and inaudiable mumbles. When his eyes were open they looked so empty and hollow. Jennifer stayed as close to his side as she could due to how often he passed out. She had found him slumped in a bathtub passed out with water right at the base of his nose, almost drowning. He passed out in airports and on planes. He nodded during interviews. Jennifer still had a full schedule of events to get him through daily, it was difficult. Everyone knew how bad it was but no one did anything. Havoc just made sure that Dr. Gibbons got him on that stage. Jennifer feared finding him dead. No one could go on like he was.
Seth was going to die if this didnt stop. She truly didnt want him to. Seth was so unlike anyone she had ever met. He was just the kind of guy that everyone likes, you couldnt help but befriend him on sight. He was outspoken, charming, funny, handsome, and truly magnetic. She just couldnt imagine losing some one who she considered a friend.
Jennifer sighed as Javier helped Seth into the limo. She could see him limply holding a ring box. "Why dont I take this and hold onto it for you," she said taking it from his loose fingers. Seth didnt even seem to notice. "Can you hear me Seth?" She asked waying her hand in his face, "Hello? Is there anybody in there?"
He looked over to her with that void glaze...empty. His lips parted and mumbled, "Seth's non e' in casa al momento..."
"What did he say?" Jennifer asked Javier.
Javier shrugged, "That wasnt Spanish. Think hes talking Italian. Theyre similar...I think he said 'Seth's not home right now'." Javier turned to Seth and spoke, "Tienes que para esto te esta's mantando, una dosis de heroina a la vez. Usted tiene un nino en la forma. Esta mierda te ua a matar incluso antes de que llegue." HE had basically told him that that shit was killing him. That he had a kid on the way and was going to die before he ever saw it.
Seth softly replied, "Me odio por eso..." I just hate myself.
The words trickled from Seth, "Desaparecio'. Yo no decider nada yo? Por que no?" She's gone. She wont give me a say in this? Why not?
"No lo se homes?"
Silence filled the air for a long while as Seth faded out again, slumped over, held up only by the seat belt.

May 19, 2010
Venice, Italy

Seth sat with Javier and some reporter. Tonight he had barely managed to bungle his way through the show. He had to keep grabbing things to hold onto. He sat down alot. He was short of breath. Without D he just didnt care anymore. He had loved being on a stage. It used to be the best part of his day. Now there was nothing to look forward to up there. He began nodding off.
Javier elbowed him, waking him up.He had already fallen asleep several times during the interview. The reporter had to know he was high.
Seth muttered, "Ummm...I's up."
The reporter repeat the question, "Will there be a replacement for Darcy Blackwell?"
Seth looked to him with heavy eyelids and lightly uttered, "They's aint no replacin D."
"Would you say your numbers being down is attributed to her departure?"
Seth slightly nodded and looked to Javier with his eyes seeming so sad and pleading for a split second. "Ella no esta nunca volver, es ella?" 'She aint never coming back, is she?'.
"Do you miss her?" The reporter asked Seth.
"I's miss 'er laugh..." Seth said as he began nodding again. Javier nudged him. "Is D alls ya wants ta talk bout dawg? She gone. What da fuck else ya's wants me ta say?"
"Your fans simply want to know why."
"Da fans?" He lightly sneered. "Da fans been lied to since da get go..." He glanced to the guy, "By peeps like you's...Dawg, why dont you's go interview Brian, he be lovin dat shit..." He began to nod once more.

May 23, 2010
Alexandropoulos, Greece

Seth stared blankly at his reflection in the mirror. Before him was six lines of coke, all neatly laid out for him by some groupie who knew hw would need a pick me up. He would rather feel the numbness of the heroin coursing through him. He stared down at the lines. He had done coke so long now that he couldnt breathe through his nose without it. Right now his nose was so clogged he didnt think any could even possibly get in to do any good. His eyes crossed over to a nearby syringe. He had never shot up coke before but he knew you could.
He just didnt care anymore. He made himself up a shot and drew the clear coke into the syringe. He pulled up his sleeve, grabbed his bicep and twist the skin. He began slowly injecting the coke into his vein. He could hear a waaah waaah sound in his ears. As he continued to inject himself the sound got higher pitched. It sounded like a distant freight train coming closer.
He blew his breath out and pulled the needle from his arm. He felt like his chest was going to explode as the train in his ears kept coming closer. He stood up and placed his hand over his heart. It was beating so hard it almost scared him. He looked at himself in the mirror. His wide eyes were black. His mind raced to D. What was the point of anything without her? There was nothing for him without her.
His frantic eyes scanned the room and fell on a razor blade laying by the lines of coke. His brows wrinkled as he reached out for it. He lightly glided his thumb across its light edge. His eyes traveled to his wrist. Maybe he should just do it and get it over with. He pulled off his left wristband and looked over the diagonal scar. With his right hand he placed the tip of the razor blade on the scar, seeking the courage to just press down.
He concentrated on the sound of the train in his head. It was running him over now. He drew in his breath and pressed downward on the scar. He could feel the burn of it slicing and reopening the scar a layer at a time. The blood began oozing freely from his wrist. It was thinner and there was more than the first time. The coke, Dexedrine, and booze in his system were making him bleed more. He felt nothing as he sliced his way deeper. A shot of blood burst out and hit the floor. Seth knew he had hit a vein. The blood mesmerized him as he continued slicing even deeper. His mind had left this world. He didnt even notice when Javier came into the room.
"Ay dios mio! Tu' no lo niciste!" He yelled rushing over to Seth. He grabbed the razor blade from his hand and threw it. He grabbed a towel and quickly wrapped it around his wrist. Seth seemed oblivious and dazed out all together. His eyes were open but nobody was home. Eventually his eyes fell to the pool of his blood on the floor. He softly replied, "De'jame morir," 'Just let me die'. Quiero morir. So' lo olvidate de mi." 'I just want to die. Just let me go'.
"Cielos idota! Que piensas?" Javier cursing him asking him what was wrong with him. Despite applying pressure to his wrist the towel was becoming steadily drenched.
Seth's blank eyes tried to look at him. "Que se supone que debo hacer?" 'What am I supposed to do?' "D se ha ido y ella no esta nunca volver." 'D is gone and she aint never coming back.' "Joder lo arruinaste." 'I fucking blew it.' "Yo no se como vivir sin ella. Yo no quiero siquera quiero." 'I dont know how to live without her. I dont even want to.' "No tengo nada sinsu pero." 'I got nothing without her dog.'
Javier was panicked. He had to hold the pressure to Seth's wrist and couldnt go for help. He couldnt leave. He knew Seth was more than willin to stand there and just bleed out. What should he do? Luckily Jennifer came into the room before he had to make that choice. "Go get the doctor!" He blurted out to her.
"Oh my god! What happened?!" She asked seeing all the blood.
"He cut his wrist! He's trying to kill himself! Go get the doctor" He yelled frenziedly.
Jennifer didnt hesitate and ran from to room to get Dr. Gibbons. Things were way out of control now. Seth needed to be institutionalized. This was way more than 'accidentally' taking too many drugs. This was a bonafide suicide attempt. When she returned with Dr. Gibbons Javier was still holding the blood soaked towel firmly around Seth,s wrist. By now Seth was on his knees mumbling something to Javier in Spanish.
Devin and the guys soon rushed into the room hearing something had happened to Seth. "What happen to..." Brian asked stopping dead in his tracks seeing all the blood.
Seth wide coked out eyes looked up, "I's straight, jus a accident."
"No Seth," Jennifer shook her head...you tried..."
"Wuz a accident," he said firmly as he glared at her, giving her a look to shut her mouth.
Dr. Gibbons quickly put on some gloves and removed the towel from his wrist. Blood shot from the wound with every pulse. Devin walked over for a better look as Dr. Gibbons tried to wipe it clean. Devin could see the old scar under and around the fresh wound. His eyesbrows furrowed as he looked over to the guys. Martin wanted to know what Devin saw so he walked over for a look as well. He saw what Davin saw.
"Seth...Whats the other scar?" Martin asked.
Seth wrist focused on the blood and said nothing. Danny too walked over to check it out. Brian was frozen in the doorway. He didnt much care for the sight of blood.
"Hes done this before," Danny thoughtlessly muttered.
"Is this why youve always worn wrist bands?" Martin asked Seth.
Seth said nothing. Danny forcefully grabbed Seth's right wrist as Seth fought to get it away. Danny managed to overpower him and remove his wrist band. Of course they all saw the matching scar. "Seth when did you do this?" Danny asked.
"Have these been here all along? Hes been in these things since we met him," Martin spoke.
Seth sighed and watched Dr. Gibbons preparing to sew him up. Now everyone knew his deepest darkest secret.
"Seth? Devin asked, "have you tried to kill yourself before?"
Seth said nothing.
"SETH!" Devin demanded an answer.
"I's 13...a'ite," Seth snapped. "I'sa young stupid kid."
"Whats your excuse today?" Jennifer demanded.
"Wuz a accident," he said biting the inside of his lip as Dr. Gibbons shoved the needle through his skin.
"Seth I think maybe you need some help," Devin spoke.
"Is all of this about D?" Brian asked.
"Tell em homes," Javier urged Seth.
"They need to know," Jennifer added.
"Know what?" Brian curiously asked.
Devin sighed, "Shes pregnant...Seth's gonna be a dad."
No one even seemed surprised except Brian. He could see all of his dreams being flushed down the toilet. "A baby? Are you seriously kidding me right now? Well how pregnant is she? I mean can we still do something about it"
Seth's eyes glared over to Brian, "Do somethin bouts it? What...you's wants ta kill my kid?" He asked with a shaky voice.
"Is this why she left?" Brian asked.
"She's left cuz alls dis...ya fuckin dream happen!" Seth blurted.
"How the hell is you knocking D up my fault?!" Brian shout.
"Jus go da fuck away," Seth said looking down to the needle piercing his skin once more.
Sign up to rate and review this story