Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fic exchange?

Spongebrains

by MCR_Vampire_321 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2014-02-23 - 2270 words

0Unrated
[A/N] - Sorry it took so long and that it's really bad - I'm sorry if it's not what you had in mind but I hope you like it!



“- Seven victims, all of them died in the elevator at this building. It’s been closed down for investigations that are going to start next week.” Sam told his brother Dean “Plenty of time for us to search for whatever’s doing it and then leave.”

“Fine.” Dean sighed “But after this, we’re taking a break at Bobby’s. I’m exhausted.”

“You think I’m not?” Sam snorted “It’s kind of in the job description to be exhausted all the time.”

Dean rolled his eyes “Whatever. How far away is it?”

“Only ten minutes away.”

Ten minutes later they pulled up outside a large office building, parked the impala and got out. The front door to the building was locked but Dean picked the lock and they were inside within a matter of minutes “So where are we even supposed to start? This place is massive.” Dean said.

“The lobby’s probably the best place-” He was cut off when he saw a sixteen year old standing at the end of the hallway “Hey, what are you doing here?”

She laughed “Don’t say that like I want to be here. I’ve tried to leave. Several times actually.” She walked towards them “What are you doing here?”

“Why can’t you leave?”

The girl raised her eye-brows “I asked you a question.”

“And I asked you one. Why can’t you leave?”

“I asked your question first.” She said with a grin “Come on. Why are you here?”

“We’re investigating the series of deaths, okay?” Sam replied, rolling his eyes “Now. Why can’t you leave?”

The girl yawned “Boring stuff really... I was murdered. Couple of years ago. And now I’m just kind of stuck.”

“You’re a ghost?” Sam asked “Why didn’t you leave with your reaper?”

“Reaper? What?”

“Why are we having a conversation with a ghost?” Dean snapped “Are you the one that’s been killing people in an elevator?”

“Me? No!” The girl cried “I’m not like her. She’s horrible and she’s really ugly looking.”

“Wait. So you know who’s been killing the people in the elevator?” Dean asked. The girl nodded “And you didn’t do anything to stop her?”

“What would you suggest, huh? I can’t talk to her or anything. She kills and then she leaves straightaway. I try to stop her when I see her but she can’t be stopped.”

“We’ll see about that.” Sam said “My name’s Sam and this is my older brother Dean. What’s your name?”

“Eileen.” She told them, running her fingers through her pixie cut “So are you gonna get rid of her?”

“We’ll try.” Sam said “Do you think you could help us find here?”

Eileen thought about it “Maybe. What’s in it for me?”

“You’re a ghost, what the hell could you want?” Dean asked.

Eileen sighed “I want to go. I’m fed up of being stuck here of all places. Do you think you could get me out of here?”

Sam looked at her “The only place we can send you is the afterlife. You know that, right?”

Eileen nodded “I know. I just don’t wanna be stuck here. Do you know how boring it is?”

“Okay.” Dean said “So where should we start?”

“I have no idea.” Eileen smiled.

“We could use the EMF reader?” Sam suggested.

“It wouldn’t work since Eileen is hanging around.” Dean groaned “We should take a look around the elevator.”

“Eileen, what do you know about this woman exactly?” Sam asked her.

Eileen shrugged her shoulders and laughed “I don’t know.”

“Oh come on, don’t mess us around like that.” Dean groaned “Just tell us what you know.”

“Not a lot. She’s old, like, really old. Probably about sixty.” Eileen grinned “She never says anything. She’s only been here for a couple of months.”

“The victims... Are they still here as ghosts?”

Eileen shook her head “I thought I was the only one. I didn’t see the lady for the first two victims. Then I started seeing her after all of them.”

Sam nodded “Okay so I’m guessing something happened to her in this building that included the elevator. Is there anything that the victims all have in common?”

“They were all male?” Dean suggested.

Sam sighed “Brilliant. Looks like one of us is going to have to be bait.”

Eileen laughed “How are you gonna get the elevators to start working dumbasses? They were shut down when they locked down the building. There’s no power.”

“We’ll figure a way to lure her out without going in the elevator then.” Dean told her as if it were obvious “Look, are you sure you don’t know anything about her?”

Eileen shrugged her shoulders and then disappeared. Dean looked around, his eyebrows furrowing angrily “Maybe she went to find her or something?” Sam suggested feebly.

“Yeah, whatever. We have work to do. How did the victims die?”

“They caught the elevator from the top floor and by the time they reached the bottom floor, they were bleeding out their eyes, mouth and ears.” Sam told him “We just need to figure out who this woman is and where she’s buried. You stay here and try to find Eileen. I’ll go and do some research. Just, whatever you do, please don’t get in the elevator.”

“How do you expect me to do that when the power isn’t even working?” Dean snapped. Sam didn’t reply, just left the office building without saying a word “What am I even supposed to be doing here?” He nearly jumped out of his skin when Eileen appeared in front of him “Don’t do that! Where the hell did you go anyway?”

“I got hungry.” Eileen shrugged, biting the cookie she was holding.

Dean raised his eye-brows “Can ghosts even eat? Let alone get hungry?”

“I didn’t realise you were such an expert on ghosts.”

“I’m a hunter, I have to be an expert on ghosts.”

“You’re clearly not that big an expert if you didn’t know ghosts can eat.” Eileen snickered “Okay fine, I didn’t get hungry. But I like cookies. Do you want one?”

“Don’t change the topic.” Dean folded his arms before sighing “Yes please.”

“Too bad. They’re like ghost cookies or something. I don’t know.” Eileen shrugged and carried on eating “Where’d Sam go?”

“He went to go and do research.”

Eileen pouted “That’s a shame. I preferred him to you.” Dean rolled his eyes and started to say something but Eileen interrupted “Just kidding! So what are you gonna do?”

“I’m gonna search for whatever we’re trying to kill.” Dean said “Do you wanna come with me?”

“Sure, why not? I don’t have anything better to do. And we had an agreement.” Eileen grinned and followed Dean as he started walking up the stairs “Where are we going?”

“To the top floor.”

“Why?”

“Well that’s where the victims enter the elevator.”

“Why?”

“... Well I’m assuming it’s because they work on the top floor.”

“Why?”

“Because they have shitty office jobs.”

“Why?”

“I don’t fucking know! Why are you asking so many questions?”

“Because I’m interested.” Eileen told him as they continued up the stairs – Dean was starting to run out of breath, but since Eileen was a ghost she never ran out of breath “How are you gonna kill the ghost?”

“Burn her bones.”

“What if she was cremated?”

“Then she’s attached to something that’s keeping her here – we’ll burn that.”

“How will you find it?”

“We’ve done it before, I’m sure we can do it again.”

“I wonder whether I was cremated or buried.” Eileen wondered thoughtfully “I guess you’ll need to find out for me.”

“I guess we will.”

“Do you guys really do this for a living?”

“Yes.”

“How do you earn money?”

“Illegally.”

“Seriously? That’s so cool! Where do you guys live?”

“Crappy motels mostly. We haven’t really lived anywhere since I was four years old and Sam was only a few months.”

“Sounds dead classy.” Eileen said, rolling her eyes “Is being a hunter fun?”

Dean laughed “Fun? No, it’s not.”

“Why not?”

“Could you please just shut up now?” Dean begged “Your voice is just going round and round in my head.”

“What’s wrong with that? My voice isn’t that irritating.” Eileen said, pretending to be upset “Come on, what’s not fun about being a hunter?”

Dean groaned “You really wanna know? I’ve been to hell. Not metaphorically, literally. Me and my brother are trying to stop the fricking apocalypse right now. It’s not fun knowing that you’re responsible for the entire world, okay?”

“I didn’t think you meant-” Eileen didn’t say anything. She bit her lip and stood still as they reached the top floor.

Dean tried to catch his breath – walking up the stairs while constantly talking to Eileen had been tiring “I’m sorry.” Eileen muttered “For pressing about the whole hunter business. It just... It sounded a lot more fun than it is.”

“I know.” Dean said “Sounded fun to me when I was sixteen too. And I enjoyed it for so long but now... It’s not the same.”

“I’m not going to go to Hell am I?” Eileen asked, her eyes widening.

Dean shook his head “No. Of course not.”

“Are you sure?”

“One hundred percent.” Dean smiled at her “Now come on, help me out here. Do you see the woman up here often?”

“No, not until the murders. I try and avoid coming up here normally. I don’t like her.” Eileen said “She has like blonde hair, glasses, wears a business suit thing...”

“So I’m guessing she used to work here? Something happened to her involving an elevator and a man and now she’s vengeful?”

“Yeah, I gu-” Eileen gasped “Dean behind you!”

Dean whirled around and found the ghost Eileen had just described – she was tall with blonde hair, wearing pink glasses and a dark business suit. The moment she saw Dean, she screamed loudly and pushed him down the hallway with a flick of her hand. Dean landed hard against the wall and grunted in pain.

“Are you okay?” Eileen called nervously.

Dean stood up and looked around for the ghost but she was gone. It was only Eileen. He looked at her “You’ve been lying to me.”

“No I haven’t.” Eileen said quickly.

“Yes you have. Now tell me the truth.”

Before Eileen got the chance to tell him anything, the ghost returned – she grabbed Dean by the throat and pressed him against the wall. Dean tried to fight to get free but wasn’t getting anywhere “Stop it!” Eileen suddenly screamed, putting her hands to her head “Mum, stop it! Please!”

The ghost didn’t loosen her grip on Dean but turned to look at Eileen “Please.” Eileen begged “I don’t want you hurting anyone else. Leave him alone.”

The ghost stared at Eileen for a moment before letting go of her grip on Dean. He fell to the floor and started taking deep breathes. The ghost walked over to Eileen and bent down in front of her “Please don’t hurt anyone else.” Eileen whispered.

The ghost smiled “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I let them hurt you.”

Before Eileen got the chance to say anything, the ghost lit up in fire and started screaming. Eileen screamed too and watched as her Mum burned and then disappeared “What happened to her?” Eileen cried.

Dean got up slowly to his feet “I’m sorry kiddo. I guess Sam found her bones and... You know.”

Eileen blinked and looked at the spot then asked doubtfully “So she’s in heaven now?”

Dean nodded “Definitely.” He walked over to her “What happened?”

Eileen sighed “I wasn’t supposed to be at work with her. But it was one of those teacher training days and no one was available to babysit. Mum hated leaving me at home by myself even though I was old enough. So she brought me with her. She thought it’d be okay so long as her boss didn’t say – no one else in the office minded. But her boss came in and he was mad. He kicked us out and practically forced us into the elevator which you know, malfunctioned and sent us to our deaths. I don’t think he meant for it to happen. Mum was angry though – she killed him. I thought it’d be over and we’d move on then but it didn’t end. She kept killing people and we were just both stuck here.”

Dean ran his fingers through his hair “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I kind of got over the whole being dead thing a while ago. I just didn’t like Mum hurting people.” She shrugged “Sorry I lied to you guys.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

She looked up at him “Guess it’s time for me to go now too.”

Dean nodded “Yeah. Yeah it is.”
Sign up to rate and review this story