Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

The Possibilities

by LittleMissFae 0 reviews

Luce realizes the possibilities her heart could be facing.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2014-03-16 - 746 words

0Unrated
Chapter Eighteen:

I drove home quickly, ignoring the speed limit signs as I went about 60 miles per hour. I had to drop off Duke and Lady at the house then meet up with Gerard at the Way's. Gerard already told me it was fine if I brought Duke and Lady with us, but I didn't want to risk it. 

"Duke! No, don't bite the seat!" I said as I heard the ripping of one of the leather seats in the back. He started to bark as if to apologize but didn't stop chewing on it.



I pulled up into my driveway quickly, not even bothering to go all the way up. I opened the back door and led Duke and Lady into the house. I put more food into their bowls and gave them water before leaving.

I drove quickly down the wet road; not very safe, I know, but I was anxious to get back to Gerard. It dawned upon me that I had grown some strong feelings for Gerard, something I had hoped would never happen. Not because he was an immortal or that he was a bad guy. I didn’t want to possibly get hurt.



I also hoped that I wouldn't develop feelings because I didn't want to become a girl head over heels for a guy who she had no chance with. What would I do if Gerard didn't have feelings for me? Forget about it? Cry? Leave town? I didn’t know.



I should rephrase that question: what could I do if Gerard didn't have feelings for me? Profess my love for him? Go out with him? Leave town?



"Things were so much easier when I wasn't head over heels," I muttered angrily to myself as I pulled up into the Way's driveway. 

I slide out of the car, praying that Gerard didn't hear that comment. Could immortals hear better than humans? Maybe it would have been a good ice breaker if he had heard it.



Again, I mentally slapped myself for the comment. Stop making yourself think that you have a chance at him loving you.

Before I could even knock on the door, it swung open, revealing an enthusiastic Donna. She wrapped me in a tight, motherly hug. One I hadn’t felt in months. 

"Hello Lucille, it's so nice to see you again," Donna said, smiling kindly at me.



"Hello Donna, it's nice to see you too," I said, following her inside the house. It looked the same as it did last time I was here, minus the people fighting, but it still had that magic to it.



"Ray and Frankie love Spot and Missy by the way," Donna said as the sound of barking was heard, "Thank you."



"Oh, it wasn't a big deal. I couldn't have kept four dogs anyways," I said, shrugging. 

"Four? So you have the other two?" Donna asked, shock in her voice.



"Yes, a pair of Dobermans. A girl and a boy," I said, smiling at the memory of the vet's. It was either because of the way they acted or because I ran into Gerard.



"Wow, that's a handful. How are your parents taking it?" Donna asked, laughing lightly. I grimaced secretly as she asked about my parents. 



"They aren't in town right now. They'll be back in a couple of months," I said. I couldn't force myself to lie to someone as caring and generous as Donna.



"A couple of months!" Donna said, stunned, "you're living by yourself?"



I looked down at the floor, waiting a couple of seconds before answering. "Yes."



"Well," Donna said, regaining herself, "if you ever need anything, you come right over."



"Thank you Donna," I said, smiling slightly. It was then that I realized, even though they may be different they were still the same. Mothers would still love all children. Brothers would still feel protective over their siblings. Best friends would still kill anyone who knocked their friend down. They were still a family.



"Gerard's up in his room, third door on the left," Donna said, giving me a knowing look. I thanked her again before heading quietly up the stairs to the third door on the left, just as Donna had told me to. 

I knocked on the door quietly three times and waited somewhat patiently.



"Come in," said Gerard's quiet, musical voice from the other side of the door. I took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story