Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Seireitei Zoo

Seireitei Zoo

by bijective 1 review

All the captains and vice captains get turned to animals thanks to a certain mad scientist. What will happen now?

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody - Characters: Kuchiki Rukia,Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2013-12-13 - 560 words

1Ambiance
It was a pale spring dawn, the sun was just rising in the east painting the sky in a crimson vermillion hue. One could still see the thin silvery moon setting in the west. It was in such an early hour one would usually find the sixth division captain waking up from slumber.

Like every morning when he woke he would stretch his arms to get rid of the stiffness in his arms. As he stretched he felt as if something was wrong. When he glanced at his fore limbs he realized that his arms were covered in fine silky black fur. Shocked he got up quickly and realized he was on all fours. His hands had been replaced by paws with razor sharp claws. His opposable thumbs were gone. The kiganashi he had worn the night before was torn as were parts of the futon. In shock he fled to the bathroom where he balanced his fore limbs on the basin and awkwardly stood on his hind legs. He stared at the image of a graceful black panther that stared back at him.

He growled at his reflection once before trying to say a few words to his surprise he found himself able to speak in his normal deep voice. A bit shocked he wondered what could have caused him to turn into a beast. He tried to raise his reiatsu hoping to turn back into a human or more specifically a shinigami, however he was unable to no matter how much he concentrated. Hoping to find another way to reverse his transformation he entered his inner world in order to communicate with his zanpaktou. On entering the vast garden full of cherry trees he spied the masked covered samurai warrior Senbonzakura approaching him.

"Senbonzakura could you tell me what has caused me to turn into an animal?" he asked.
*]
[*"No, master and I also do not know how you may turn back into your human body. All I know is that your soul is unaffected as you are a human in our inner world."
replied the sword. Kuchiki Byakuya looked at his arms and realised that his zanpaktou was correct. Distraught he exited his inner world. Removing his forelimbs from the basin he stalked out of the bathroom to his bedroom in the division lodgings towards his wardrobe where he kept a full length mirror.

Standing in front of the mirror he glanced at his new body. He was a larger than average black panther with intelligent gun metal grey eyes and a long tail. As he examined himself he wondered how he could reverse this problem of his. His train of thought was derailed when he heard a faint scrapping sound at the shoji door. He quickly hid behind one ornate panel meant to be used for changing clothes and waited. The noise continued for a while before stopping and restarting. This was followed by the faint noise of the shoji door being pushed open slowly. The noble watched as a mongrel stepped into the room. It was red in color and covered in thick lustrous fur. He was astonished when the mongrel spoke tentatively "Umm... Taicho I think something weird is going on."

'Renji?' he wondered before stepping out in front of the dog and stating "It seems I am not the only one affected."
Sign up to rate and review this story