Categories > TV > Supernatural > Twinchesters

Plain Sight

by FrankIsMySexGod 2 reviews

The girls are given tasks and keep the boys clueless.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2014-06-02 - 2108 words

0Unrated
I woke up at around 4 in the morning, and after about half an hour of not being able to get back to sleep, I decided to try and find anybody who was awake. I went to the usual places, the dining room, the lounge, but I couldn't find any sign of life. I passed by Sam's room and I could hear him sleeping, and going passed Dean's room was like walking past a lawnmower on cement. His snoring was seriously loud, but I guess I'm the same. One time my mum heard me taking a nap and recorded my snoring as proof. I'm surprised Hozzie hasn't gone deaf.

“You're awake.” A deep voice said. I turned around and I could see the silhouette of Castiel.

“Yeah. I couldn't get back to sleep. Why are you awake?” I asked.

“Angels don't sleep.” He said.

“Then what do you do when everybody else is asleep?”

“I keep myself occupied. Follow me.” He said. He turned around, and we walked to some room I've never been in before. It had the same interior as most of the other rooms. I sat down on one of his chairs as he looked at himself in the mirror. He seemed to be looking at the reflection of the wall. I narrowed my eyes.

“What are you looking at, Cas?” I asked.

“My wings.” He answered.

“I can't see them.” I said. Maybe the angel had gone crazy, but he seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

“Let me show you.” He said. He made the lights flicker, and all of a sudden I saw a shadow of a pair of gigantic wings. But they were broken. It's as if they were burnt. “They got damaged when we fell. All of ours did. But I think my feathers are beginning to grow back.” He said. I shook my head.

“I can't believe that. Your wings are incredible.” I told him. He shook his head.

“I wish that was the case, but I’m afraid it no longer is.” He told me. I hesitated a second before asking something else.

“Do they hurt?” I asked.

“At first they did, but now I’m used to it. It feels normal.” He said. I gingerly walked up to him, trying to feel were they should be. But I couldn't find them. Nothing was there.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“They're always there. They're still here. But for humans it appears like an illusion. They're still here, but unless we show them to you, you wouldn't know it.” He said. I nodded my head. “You'll be able to see them if you ever visit heaven though. They're not as exciting as it seems, I can assure you.” He said.

“No, they're incredible. It's the most amazing thing I’ve ever heard of.” I said. Castiel looked at me in the mirror, and noticing the excitement on my face, his lips curled into a small smile.

“You're a very accepting human.” He said. “But I bought you here for a reason.” He continued. I looked at him with big doe-eyes. Being around Castiel was amazing. It was unusual. I could tell that I wasn't being judged, and that we were undeniably close. Like soul-mates, only in the friend way.

“What is it?” I asked, smiling.

“You have a task. You and your sister will be getting various separate tasks from me. It's important that your brothers don't find out.” He said. I nodded my head.

“As long as I don't have to hurt anyone.” I said. He shook his head.

“I wouldn't make you do that. You need to be the one to find your father. I'll be giving you hints along the way. The first one is that he's still hunting, only now it's in a designated space. He's not moving around anymore.” He told me. I nodded my head.

“How am I supposed to be the first one to find him though? What if they find him?” I asked.

“Because he's very well hidden. Only you will know what to look for. He's in plain sight.” He said. I smiled when he said that. I knew what kind of place he had to be in.

“Thank you for the clue.” I said. Once he noticed my smile, he smiled back.

“Thank you for understanding. Good luck, Penina.” He said. I walked out of the room and went back to my bedroom and got out my laptop making sure not to wake up Hozzie.

I don't know why I have to be the one to find dad, and I also don't know why I'm not more reluctant to do this considering that it is dad, but I couldn't say no to Castiel. He's helped me more than anything during this whole ordeal, and he's my friend. I wouldn't let him down. I looked up directions and decided to get dressed. Once I was ready and packed up a few things, I crept downstairs. Nobody was awake, so I stole a few dollars from Dean's wallet. He never keeps it with him unless he's going out, so I thought it was a perfect opportunity. Castiel was waiting for me by the door.

“Castiel, you're awesome.” I said.

“Thank you. I have taken the liberty to call a cab for you. It is waiting outside.” He told me. I nodded my head.

“That's a great help. Tell Dean I'll try and pay him back. I'll see you in a few hours.” I said before leaving and going into the cab. I gave him the address and I made it to the house in about 3 hours. My legs were cramped and I was as nervous as I was stressed out, but I knew I got the right place.

It just felt like dad was there. I paid the driver and knocked on the door. It was a small house in the middle of a grassy plain. Thanks to Castiel's hint, I was able to realise that he must be in the place he spoke to me and Hozzie about time and time again. A place he would love to take us one day. The door opened and sure enough he was there. He was starting to get a few grey hairs, and he definitely aged a bit. He looked shocked, an expression which I'm not sure I've ever seen on him before, and he gulped.

“Penina?” He asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Alright. Ignoring the fact that Hozzie and I have two seriously older brothers who we knew absolutely nothing about, that there are all sorts of weirdo non-humans and the fact that you haven't seen us since before mum died, what else don't I know?” I demanded, barging past him and scoping the front room. It was pretty boring, but it was definitely his.

“How did you find me?” He asked.

“A little help from an angel. Now can you answer my question for once?” I asked. He sighed and began making sure I wasn't a demon. Splashing holy water in my face, salt and piercing my skin with all sorts of metals. He knew it was me, yet he was still very wary.

“What do you mean an angel?” He asked.

“You know those feathery things art thou in heaven? Yeah, one of those guys.” I replied.

“I've clearly missed out on a lot. How's your sister?” He asked.

“Why don't you see for yourself? Get the car and I'll show you the way.” I told him.

“Penina, slow down for a second. I haven't seen you in over a year. I haven't seen your brothers in 8 years and I was supposed to not let you ever meet each other!” He said, raising his voice as the sentence went on.

“Oh, I’m sorry. But as far as I'm concerned, you're not my dad. That job was failed the second you decided to never call or visit us. The fact that mum died and you never even got anybody to look after Hozzie and I is a fucking pisstake. The only reason why I came here is because for some reason you're needed. Dean and Sam know you're alive, Hozzie and I didn't even realise you were dead in the first place and you know what? I wish you still were.” I yelled.

“Get in the car.” He said in a tone that made me shut up instantly. He's one scary guy. I stood up straight and walked to the car. Dad had never spoken to me like that. Probably because I never did anything to make him angry, but that's because I rarely saw him. Seeing him now makes me angrier than I’ve ever been. The drive back was awkward and I could tell that both of us were biting our tongues. Once we got to the bunker he looked confused. “This place? What the hell is it?” He asked. Instead of answering him, I just groaned and got out of the car. Dad followed close behind me and I did my special knock. Dean answered looking angrier than dad, but when Dean looked into his eyes, he swallowed and stood up straight. I walked in trying to avoid the tension. Hozzie looked up at me and Sam smiled.

“I knew you'd be okay!” Hozzie shrieked, running up to hug me. I hugged her back, finally glad that some normality was being restored. Of course that couldn't last forever. When dad came in, everything changed. Castiel walked up to me.

“Well done.” He whispered. I looked up at him and smiled.

“Thanks, Cas.” I said. Sam looked scared, but did something none of us were expecting.

“What the hell do you have to say for yourself?” Sam asked.

“I did it to keep you safe, all of you.” He said.

“I don't care. Why the hell would you leave the girls alone? I don't even care about us. I care about them! What have you done?” Sam roared. Dad just ignored him and turned to face Castiel.

“Who's this?” John asked Dean. He seemed to be the only one still looking at him with respect, but it wasn't a respect you would have for your father. More like Dean was a soldier following dad.

“His name's Castiel. He's an angel.” He answered.

“So, you're the angel that made this all happen.” Dad stated.

“Leave him alone!” I said, putting a hand on Castiel's shoulder for support. I know he didn't really need it, but I guess it was just a natural reflex.

“Look, I get it, you guys think I screwed up. But there's a reason why I didn't find you and it's because when you guys are near me you're in danger.” Dad said to all of us.

“We're in danger whether we're near you or not. We're Winchesters.” Sam argued. “You know? The vessels of Michael and Lucifer. Except, wait, not Michael because Adam wasn't a Winchester. He's still in the damn cage though.” Sam snapped.

“Yeah, I heard about that.” Dad said. Sam sighed in anger when he realised he wasn't getting anywhere with dad.

“Ow!” Hozzie suddenly yelped. We all turned to face her. She had her hand to her head and her nose was bleeding. My eyes widened in fear.

“HOZZIE!” I screamed running up to her. She collapsed in my arms, but was still awake.

“What's wrong? What's happening?” Sam asked, running to her side. All of a sudden my head started banging, and I could feel something warm running down from my nostrils. We both fell on the floor, and all of a sudden everyone was at our sides. Castiel was just overlooking the situation.

“It'll pass.” He stated. “I need a minute alone with the girls.” He continued. Reluctantly, Sam, dad and Dean left the room. “What you girls are feeling is completion of the tasks you've done. Penina's found your father, and Hozzie's found out where Bela is. This is all apart of your importance. I promise this pain will go. It'll hurt less and less each time you complete your assigned tasks. Once Bela and Metatron are in the pit everything will be revealed, but I can tell you no more than that.” He said before leaving the room. Castiel was right. The pain did eventually subside. At least Hozzie and I can at least talk about what's going on.

Phew. This is getting REALLY hard to write for some reason, but I know where it's going. I hope you liked it, and I'm sorry it took so long. I hope you like it though! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story