Categories > Books > Harry Potter > My Wife is Who?

My Face Isn't That Scary, Is It?

by tetrisman 0 reviews

Harry finally accepted that his time travel is real. What would he do?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Cho,Harry,Hermione - Published: 2014-06-07 - 1911 words

1Ambiance
My Wife is -

o0oOo0o

Chapter Two: My Face Isn't That Scary, Is It?

o0oOo0o

I sat in the Great Hall thinking amidst the chorus of laughter.

My thoughts that plague my mind were the possibility of me being a seer. But I squash that thought, base from our lesson with Professor Trelawney in Divination, Seers don't have that kind of vision, they would simply sprout line that doesn't make any sense which was supposed to happen in future like what she did last year about the dark lord servant returning.

But the dream I just had was so vivid. The texture of the chair, the fragrance of the tea, everything was so vivid.

Oh right, I remember seeing a calendar there. Hmmm… let's see.

It was…

Sept…







September…







September 1, 20…







September 1, 200…







September 1, 200…







September 1, 2004

Eh… Ten years into the future!

No, no way…

Absolutely no way…

Geez… I reek of stupidity

No no no no. Now that's impossibly no way.

Geez seriously…

But if I think about it more clearly the evidence pointed the other way. Her bracelet that had a lightning bolt that was carved to it that resembled my scar. I remember it not being there while we talked in the Owlery.

Maybe I was a different kind of seer and I managed to Time Slip into the future.

Then, if that's the case…

If that's case, then in the future…

I'm married to Cho Chang…

What?

Why?

How?

When?

Where?

That flower in the top of the hill, the apple of my eye, the one who plague my dreams…

Was married to me, HARRY BLOODY POTTER

"What am I supposed to dooo!?" I yelled out loud.

"I suggest you get this handout's Mr. Potter," a stern voice said to me.

"Eh?"

I looked around and notice that I was in the Great Hall. Oh! Right, I was about to have my breakfast before I was drowned on my thoughts. I was so lost my thoughts that I didn't even notice that the pranked Ravenclaws had managed to flee the Great Hall.

I also notice Professor McGonagall handing me some parchment obviously my schedule for this term.

"Sorry, Professor, I was just lost in my thought," I apologize as I acquire the schedule from her hand.

"It's okay! Just don't do it at my class," she said in her usual tone before she leaves to give the schedules to the rest of the Gryffindors.

"What was that that you were thinking about that left you in such a daze?" asked my ever curious best friend as soon as Professor McGonagall was out of earshot.

"Well, I think I time slipped yesterday again," I said serious tone as I pick a fruit and began to eat.

There were two different reactions to my answer. Hermione simply giggled while Ron just shrugs and said, "So?" before he resumed his eating— I mean devouring— the food.

I regarded my male best friend surprised at his reaction. "Uh… What? Why aren't you surprised?"

"What… that's not even a funny story mate," Ron said between mouthfuls of food while Hermione continued to giggle at my side.

"Huh… well… I didn't make it up. I'm serious," I said seriously.

Munch

Munch

Munch

"Hey… stopped ignoring me?"

Unfortunately Ron still ignored me, too focused on his food. I was barely able to fight the urge to curse him.

"Did you leap through time-space dimension or something? Or you have another vision?" asked Hermione as she managed to suppress her laughter.

"I think I had a vision," I answered.

"Then, what was the future you visited like? Are you still married to Cho?" asked Hermione with an amused tone.

"Yes," I managed out as a blush form on my face.

"Harry, Ron said this yesterday but I will say this again, maybe you're just dreaming," said Hermione as she patted me on the back.

"But there was this bracelet you see—" I tried to explain but I was interrupted.

"Hey Harry," Ron said across the table, "Actually, I've time travelled once too!"

"Ron, you've done it too? What was your future like?" I asked excited of the possibility of my vision being true. If Ron could do it so could I.

"I will lead the Chudley Cannons to the Quidditch World Cup and be married to a whole flock of Veela," Ron said staring at nothing.

I groaned. Looks like no one will believe me. Resigning to my fate, I pick up some roasted chicken and began to eat.

"Hey Harry, I time travelled last year too. It was full of adventure. Watching myself roaming the Hogwarts Grounds, saving a hippogriff, flying said hippogriff with my best friend and the best of all, freeing a notorious criminal," Hermione whispered to me in a teasing voice.

Leave it to Hermione, teasing me whenever she had the chance.

It was along morning for me. Between Hermione teasing me with my crush to Cho, Ron's constant daydreaming and my brooding it would surely makes time seems slow.

I sighed as the long torturous breakfasts ends. I quickly left following Hermione as she all but run to the Greenhouse 3 not wanting to be late which was somewhat hilarious since there was always some break after the time allotted for breakfast and the first subject, making the possibility of being late somewhat slim.

Well, I really can't blame Hermione. Old habits die hard. She was just excited of having the first lesson after the long summer break.

I didn't even notice as the rest of the Gryffindors and some Hufflepuffs enter the greenhouse since I was busy staring at these ugly plant in front of me. If I didn't know any better I would say that it wasn't a plant but a monster base on how it looks. Well maybe you can call it a monster plant. But the logical part of my mind tells me that not to criticize the plant base on how it looks. If it was dangerous, it would surely be in the Greenhouse 4 where the dangerous plants reside. Since it was in Greenhouse 3, I can say that these ugly little critters were relatively harmless if you leave them alone.

They look less like plants than thick, black, giant slug protruding vertically out of the soil. Each was squirming slightly and had a number of large, shiny swellings upon it, which appears to be full of liquid.

It wasn't long before Professor Sprout arrived. After some small talk, and greetings, she quickly started the lesson.

"Bubotubers," Professor Sprout told us as she regarded those slug-like plants, "they need squeezing. You will collect the pus—"

"The WHAT!" said Seamus Finnegan, sounding revolted.

"Pus, Finnegan, pus," said Professor Sprout, "and it's extremely valuable, so don't waste it. You will collect the pus, I say, in these bottles. Wear your dragon-hide gloves; it can do funny things to the skin when undiluted, bubotuber pus."

We were then pair by the person sitting opposite of us. We need two persons to extract the pus, the first person to squeeze while the other one to hold the bottle. We can't use magic to levitate the bottles since it will be dangerous because of the chaotic properties of magic. We won't know what would happen if we tried to levitate the bottle while collecting the pus.

I was partnered to a red-head Hufflepuff. Susan, I remember her name was. You can classify her as one of the early bloomers; she has the largest set of breast in our year.

Sadly I didn't know much about her seeing that she has a weak body. Every time I met her in the hallway, she always turned red and faint. Poor girl. Luckily for her, her best friend Hannah who was Hermione partner for this activity was always there for her.

"Harry," Susan said trying to catch my attention.

I looked at her and resist the urge to hug her. Who says girls were the only one wanted to hug something cute? Us too men had the urge to hug something cute too. We were just had better control to our urge, we needed to preserve our 'manly image'.

She was poking her fingers as she looked at her feet while a noticeable blush on her face. Her shy demeanor was so cute.

"Har… Harry… wou…would you like me to squ… squeeze or ho... hold the bo… bottle," she stuttered out.

"I will squeeze this bubotubers while you hold the bottle, I still need to know if it was safe to squeeze it, we wouldn't to hurt a pretty girl like you, would we?"

Squeezing the bubotubers was disgusting, but oddly satisfying. As each swelling was popped, a large amount of thick yellowish-green liquid burst forth, which smell strongly of petrol. We caught it in the bottles as Professor Sprout had indicated, and by the end of the lesson had collected several pints.

All in all, the lesson was fun. I even manage to learn some things from Susan as we talked while collecting some pus.

The class soon ended with Professor Sprout assigning the students to write a two foot essay with their partner about Bubotuber pus and its uses.

"Can I see your schedule for a bit," I asked Susan as she arranged her things.

She didn't even seem to hesitate as she looked at her bag and hand me her schedule before asking, "Why?"

"I was comparing our schedule, so I can find when we have the same free time," I said as I scan her schedule together with mine. "Oh, look here we have free time after lunch tomorrow. Do you have something to do at that time?"

"No, Harry. We can do the essay at that time tomorrow if you want," she answered quickly.

"Then, it's a date!" I exclaimed. "Then meet you in the library tomorrow," I finished.

It was then that I notice that Susan was unusually red. I somewhat panic that her 'sickness' was acting up.

Without thinking, I put my forehead into hers just like what I had seen on Tele on what mothers do to check the temperature of their children.

She was so hot, her face was burning, and I can see some steam pouring off her ears.

"Are you okay, you're unusually hot," I said cringing at the heat of her forehead.

It was then that she faints.

It was thanks to years spent playing Quidditch that I manage to catch her before she hit the ground.

I looked at her best friend, Hannah, and asked, "My face isn't that scary, is it?"

Hannah giggled before she answered, "No, you were certainly not."

"Don't we need to bring her to the Hospital Wing or something?" I asked her as I looked at the sleeping form of Susan.

"Don't worry about it, she would wake up any minute now," she started, "You can go to your next class, just leave her to me."

"Are you sure? I think I will stay to know when she awakes."

"It's okay, you can go to your next class, I will make sure she was okay," she said with a smile.

"Well then, if you're really sure I will go then," I said as I handed the prone form of Susan to Hannah.

With the last word of good bye, I march of toward Hagrid's small wooden hut, which stood in the edge of forbidden forest.
Sign up to rate and review this story