Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

“We can’t trust her.” Hozzie said “She’s a demon and I’ve had enough of demons to last me for a lifetime thank you very much.”

“Well...” Penina said “She said she could get Dean out of his deal. And at least she didn’t attempt to kill us.” Penina nibbled on a chip then said thoughtfully “I think maybe we should tell Sam and Dean we trust her.”

“But what if she doesn’t wanna help Dean and she just wants to get the rest of us into the same mess?” Hozzie asked “And just because she didn’t kill us now doesn’t mean she won’t kill us at all.”

“Well, let’s just think about it.” Penina said “She didn’t hurt us, she didn’t kidnap us, and she didn’t even threaten us. In fact, she kind of offered to protect us when we get back to the motel.”

“Dude, do you hear yourself? How does she even know what motel we’re staying at? Why would she stare at us and be all creepy?” Hozzie asked then shuddered “I don’t like her. I’ve got a bad feeling about her.”

“We shouldn’t judge her before we get to know her.”

“She’s a demon! That’s all I want to know about her.”

The two girls realised they’d been talking quite loudly and looked towards the counter where the waiter was staring at me. When they noticed him he quickly looked away and pretended to be busy “We need to get back to the motel as soon as possible.” Hozzie said, taking a bite out of her burger “We’ll talk about it properly then otherwise we’ll get carted off to a loonie bin.”

“These are some really good fries.” Penina said, picking one up and holding it in front of her “They are absolutely delicious.”

“They’re just fries dude.”

“No, dude, you don’t understand.”



Half-an-hour later they’d finished their food and had the left the diner as soon as possible “I can’t believe we had to pay for Ruby’s fries.” Hozzie said “I told you that we couldn’t trust her.”

“Just because we paid for her food doesn’t mean she can’t save Dean from his deal.”

“Penina, I have said this to you so many times and I will probably say it many times more – this is a bad idea.”

“Come on. Do you want to save Dean or not?”

“Of course I do! How could you think I don’t want to?” Hozzie cried “I just don’t think Ruby can truly help him. She’s a demon, she’ll be doing it for personal gain.”

“You don’t know that.”

“And you don’t know what she’s truly thinking either which is why we can’t trust her.” Hozzie said “We’ll think of another way to figure this out. Demons are the reason Dean’s in this stupid mess to begin with.”

“Well, you can tell Sam and Dean what you want. I’m going to tell them that I trust Ruby.” Penina said with a shrug of her shoulders “She wasn’t that bad. And we’ll speak to her again before we even tell Sam and Dean anything anyway so we’ll be able to get to know her a bit better.”

“I don’t want to talk to her again! I wanna forget all about her.” Hozzie took a shaky breath “And I don’t wanna be in the motel room alone. I wish Sam and Dean would stop ditching us.”

“We’ll talk to them about it when they get back.” Penina said “We’ll do it calmly without getting all pissed off.”

She unlocked the door to the motel and they stepped inside. The room was still empty. Penina picked up the note they’d left for their brothers. What had seemed reasonable an hour ago just seemed babyish then. She tore it up and threw the remains in the bin. Hozzie sat down on her bed and sighed “Do you think Sam and Dean will check up on us and then leave straightaway?” Hozzie asked “Or do you think they’ll stay here and get some sleep? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep if they’re not here.”

“Don’t worry about it; we’ll be fine either way.” Penina said “If they don’t stay here to sleep then we’ll have an all-nighter. We’ve had loads of those before.”

“I never liked them though. I was always in the worst mood for school the next day.” Hozzie said, yawning “I’m already really tired.”

“I don’t think it’ll be long before they come home. Let’s just watch TV.” Penina said, getting the remote and clicking on the TV.



About an hour later Sam and Dean walked through the door “We can’t stay long.” Dean said “Isaac and Tamara have gone missing. We need to go and find them. We just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

“We’re not.” Penina said “We don’t like it here by ourselves and you can keep saying we’ll be fine and all that but we don’t feel fine, okay? We feel scared and we feel like you’re ditching us at every opportunity. We wanna learn how to hunt and we don’t like being left by ourselves, especially knowing what kind of creatures are out there. Can we please come with you?”

“We don’t have to take part in the actual hunt.” Hozzie said “We can stay in the car. We’ll do whatever you say just don’t leave us here.”

Sam and Dean looked at each other “We don’t like leaving you here either.” Dean said “But we really don’t want you getting hurt.”

“We won’t get hurt; you guys will be there to look out for us.” Penina said “Come on guys, please?”

Sam and Dean looked at each other again. Sam grinned and turned back to the girls “Okay then. Looks like we’re bringing you guys on your first hunt.”
Sign up to rate and review this story