Categories > Original > Romance > Blood Mash, Love Bath

1

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-06-21 - 1271 words

0Unrated
"Jake, be careful!" Jane said as I strapped my gun holster under my jacket. She was always worried about me, being my sister. Jade and John were on the couch, planning a raid on a nest of demons not far from where I was heading.

"Jane, I know." I sighed, stepping into my shoes. "I'm just meeting a friend. I'll be back later." She frowned and I hugged her tightly for a second. "He's a cool guy, really. And there's no way in hell he could be a demon."

Of that I was sure. He was too nice to be a demon. Too sweet. Demons were evil, lying, wastes of space. But he, Dirk, was anything but. "Okay." She sighed. "Have fun and take an extra cartrage, justs in case." I nodded and slipped one into my pocket.

I made my way out to the street. In the broa daylight, no demons were around. However, after the sun set, this place went to Hell. Literally.

The donut shop Dirk told me about was a hot spot for activity, but because we were meeting in the day, the place would be clean. And it just reassured me that he wasn't a demon. Demons can't stand the heat of the sun.

Which is kind of ironic, seeing how they come from the burning pits of hell. I opened the door and looked around, spotting him instantly.

He was in the corner, texting someone wildly on his phone. I smiled and went to stand next to the table, knocking on it lightly. "Anyone home?" I asked as he jumped.

I wasn't sure if he was looking at me or not, his shades hiding his eyes. He only told me that he has very sensitive eyes and that's why he wears them.

A huge grin split his face and he stood up, hugging me tightly. I blushed and sat down across from him, staring at the table. He spoke first. "I can't believe we're actually meeting." I heard the smile in his voice. "I feel like I already know you."

I nodded, biting my lip. It was true. I'd told him almost everything about myself. Almost.

He's told me everything as well, his name, about his hobbies and even what kind of pop he likes. It was orange Crush, no ice.

"I do too..." I said softly, feeling my cheeks getting warm. I knew my feelings were stronger than they should be for him.

"Jake, can I tell you something?" He asked softly, his voice serious. He was leaning forward slightly. I felt myself mimicking his posture, my rosary swinging out from my shirt.

"Y-yeah?" I asked, but he was silent as my rosary stilled, hanging above the table. "Dirk?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"I really like you Jake." He said softly, like my voice had snapped him out of some thought he was having. "Like, like like you." I felt my lips part, a shocked breath leaving them.

He felt the same?! Excitement bubbled in my chest, making me smile stupidly. "I like like you too." I smiled at him. He grinned back, his hand sitting on top of mine.

I turned mine, squeezing his fingers lightly. His phone buzzed on the table, making him sigh. "Sorry, my brother won't leave me alone." He asnwered it. "What?" He sighed heavily. There was a muffled voice on the other end of the phone, but I couldn't make it out. "Yeah I know." The voice said something else. "Probably later." He looked at me and smiled, shaking his head as the voice got louder. "Dude, just take care of it. I'll be home later."

There was a loud groan that I could make out and the voice got even softer. "I'm not gonna answer that out loud, stupid." His cheeks turned pink, making me tilt my head in confusion. "Well of course he is." He sighed into the phone and looked at me again. "My brother says hi."

"H-hi?" I said, though it came out as more of a question. Dirk repeated it into his phone and hung up, putting it back on the table. It started to buzz again, but he ignored it.

"Not gonna get that." He smiled. "I spend every day with the guy, so he can chill." I smiled back, sighing happily. His hands were so warm against mine, his fingers calloused. From inventing things, I assumed.

But his palms were soft against my skin, something I wouldn't have expected. "Can I....?" He leaned forward, his face close to mine.

My cheeks burned, but I nodded. He kissed my cheek lightly, sending my head reeling and my heart soaring. We'd been talking for nearly two months and we were finally here, his warm, soft lips against my cheek.

He squeezed my hand softly as he pulled back, his scent drifting around me. It was a mix of apples and oranges, sweet and alluring. I leaned forward, following him.

I placed a small kiss to his lips, sitting back quickly. His face turned a bright, burning red and he looked down. "Dirk?" I asked softly. He nodded. "Can we skip all the awkward stuff? I want you to kiss me."

His face turned even redder somehow, spreading down his neck. But he nodded and leaned forward, his hand cupping my cheek lightly. His nose brushed mine before our lips met and he kissed me, soft and sweet.

Sparks ran up and down my body, making me shiver. I touched his cheek softly with the tips of my fingers, smiling as he rested his forehead against mine.

He placed soft kisses along my nose and cheeks before he kissed my lips again, slighty rougher than before. As a small squeak made its way out of me, I was happy that the shop was empty of people, the employees in the back busy with their work.

I gasped as his mouth opened slightly in the kiss, his tongue flicking over my lips. While I've never kissed like this before, it seemed he has, his tongue meeting mine and slipping into my mouth excitedly.

My breathing was out of control now as he kissed me, my mind going blank. Then, all too soon, it was over, his own breath rough as he pulled back, smiling at me again.

I smiled back, drunk off of his kiss. "Let's get out of here." It wasn't a question. "It's getting late and if I'm not home soon my brother will throw a hissy fit."

At his words, I looked out the window. The sun was low in the sky, clouds darting in front of it every so often. My heart pounded in my ears as a subtle fear kicked in.

How had time flown by so fast? "I'll walk you home." I said, fearful for Dirk's saftey in the night. He shook his head and stood up, holding his hand out to me.

I took it, letting him pull me to my feet. "I'm walking you home." Though it was late fall, it was chilly outside. I shivered, making Dirk look at me. "Are you cold?" He asked softly as we waited at a cross walk.

"Just a little." I shrugged, holding the shivers back. He smiled and unzipped his jacket, showing off a black shirt with a band logo under it before he pulled me into it.

Shivers rolled through me as he zipped it up in front of me, his heat sinking into my chilled arms. He was so warm...

He wrapped his arms around me through the jacket, making me smile. We probably looked like
Sign up to rate and review this story