Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Friends And Fears

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

Jensen and Penina meet one of her friends.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-06-22 - Updated: 2014-08-23 - 3066 words

0Unrated
After parting from Summer and Cooper, Jensen and I spent the night in a hotel. I then asked him if we could visit Hozzie while she was at work. I obviously had the day off school. In fact, I was never officially going back. Cooper had probably already officially quit. He just had to work for two more weeks until he didn't have to go back. Jensen had agreed to see Hozzie with me.

“Where does she work?” He asked.

“A Victorian town in Telford.” I said.

“Alright. Can you put the address into my Sat-Nav?” He asked. He handed it to me and I put it in the Sat-Nav. After having some breakfast, we made our way to where Hozzie works.

The journey wasn't too bad. I was already used to them, and spending one with my long lost father who also happened to be one of my favourite actors made it one of the more eventful car journeys of my life. Not that a lot happened though. It mainly consisted of talking about our likes and dislikes and everything in between. Once we parked, I rushed to find Hozzie. Jensen stuck as close to me as he could. I guess he really couldn't bear to part with me. Once I saw her working at a stand, I halted to a stop.

“Is everything okay?” Jensen asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. Everything's fine. Can you just go up to her first? I think she'd like that.” I asked. He nodded his head.

“Sure.” He said. He walked towards the stand and cleared his throat a bit, making Hozzie look up. She did a double take as soon as she saw him, then she was trying to find me. Once she saw me, she ran up and hugged me.

“Penina!” She squealed.

“Hi Hozzie. So, now do you believe me?” I asked. She pulled back and nodded her head.

“Holy crap! Penina, I can't believe you were telling the truth.” She said.

“It's great to meet you.” Jensen said.

“Yeah, you too. Christ on a bike! I mean, you're the father of one of the most incredible friends I have.” She said. Normally she's very shy. But I guess the whole shock of this brought her out of her shell in a way.

“I think she's awesome too. So, what do we do here?” He asked Hozzie, wanting to play whatever it was Hozzie was in charge of.

“You knock as many coconuts off as you can.” She said. Jensen handed her the money, got a few balls, and threw them at the coconuts. He had a good aim, but he didn't quite get all of them. He then decided to pay for as many as he could until he knocked them all off while Hozzie and I talked about this.

“I can’t believe this is how we’re actually properly meeting.” I said. I then giggled at how silly it was. She then joined in.

“Yeah. It’s crazy. So, how are you feeling about it?” She asked. I shrugged. We were out of Jensen’s earshot so I knew I could be completely honest with her.

“I don’t know. It’s just so weird. This time two days ago? I was thinking about what would happen if I came in contact with a new type of animal. Like, completely new and it tends to be so well hidden that nobody would ever even imagine it. Then for some reason the animal speaks English but with a northern accent and we would just be best friends and we would answer each other’s questions. This is so much weirder than that. Trust me.” I said.

“Are you okay about it though?” She asked.

“I guess. Don’t get me wrong, this is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I know it is. It’s just so surreal. I mean Cooper is coming with me for crying out loud. Do you know how amazing that is? But at the same time, what about Millie? What about my mum? I mean I know she kicked me out and I should hate her, but for some reason I just don’t feel that much about her after this. I thought she’d at least want to keep in contact with me. I don’t know why she hates this so much.” I answered.

“Focus on the good stuff though. You love kids and JJ will be there, you get to meet Danneel and the rest of the Supernatural cast. Cooper of all people is going with you. I mean, that sounds incredible!” She exclaimed. I giggled.

“Yeah. I guess. By the way, you know his girlfriend? I heard him complain about his ex yesterday when Summer told me about the whole mum thing. So I guess he has no girlfriend anymore.” I said. She smiled and hugged me making me giggle.

“That’s awesome. I mean, not for either of them I guess, but for you!” She beamed.

“Yeah, but I doubt he’d ever want me. Especially due to how damaged I am now. Plus I’m pretty sure it’s somehow even more illegal now.” I said.

“Are you kidding? He’s leaving his life here for you. That has to count for something.” She said. She had a point, but it definitely made me think.

“Yes!” Jensen bawled. We looked at the coconuts and they were all knocked over. He then walked over to Hozzie and handed her £50.

“Jesus! How many goes did you have?” I asked looking at the money in awe.

“I don’t know. 4?” He guessed.

“It’s not that much though.” Hozzie said.

“Consider it a tip for being an incredible friend to my little girl.” He said.

“We are not worthy.” Hozzie whispered making me laugh. The rest of the day was fun. All three of us spent the whole day talking and playing. Hozzie managed to get the rest of the day off with us. At the end Jensen dropped Hozzie off. We hugged it out and she got the home number to Jensen’s house which she clearly couldn’t believe. The only thing is that what Hozzie said really got to me.

“If you can, am I allowed to go to one more place really quickly?” I asked. He looked at me, still with utter admiration.

“Where?” He asked. I gave him the name of the road where Cooper lives. I remember him pointing it out on google maps one lesson.

“I know it’s a long drive, but there’s just something I really need to do.” I said. He probably thought it was too soon to start asking questions, but it would’ve been fine. I just need to ask Cooper something. After about an hour of comfortable silence, he began talking.

“So, what’s your favourite episode of Supernatural?” He asked. I thought about it a lot of times, but I never really knew.

“I like them all. Maybe the one with the shape shifter and at the end you go out of the bank in those swat team uniforms and it’s really awesome.” I answered.

“Yeah. That was cool.” He said. We kept on talking about the show and what went on behind the scenes until we made it to his road. Jensen drove slowly per my request so I could find his car. It didn’t take too long. I would notice it anywhere. It isn’t a particularly special car. It’s small and black and probably very boring to everyone who saw it, but to me it was his, so it was nice.

“This is it.” I told him.

“You sure?” He asked. I nodded my head. “Do you want me to come in with you?” He asked. I shook my head.

“No it’s okay.” I said quietly. “I’ll be back as soon as I can.” I continued. I got out of the car and the closer I got to the door the less certain I was about talking to him. Before I could even make a more informed decision, I had already rung the bell. I heard screaming going on in there and I was instantly worried. A woman with dark and curly hair with her front teeth unusually forward answered.

“Who the hell are you and what are you doing here at this time of night?” She snapped.

“Ash, stop answering my door. You shouldn’t even be here!” I heard Cooper yell. He came to the door and was shocked when he saw me. “Penina?”

“Oh, so this is the whore you’re trading me for is it?” She asked angrily, pointing at me like I was some piece of furniture she hated the look of.

“For crying out loud, Ash! We broke up before this even started, Penina and I aren’t together, and we definitely aren’t Ash. Can you just leave?” He practically demanded her. She huffed and walked outside the house. Cooper let out a much needed sigh. “Come in. Where’s your father?” He asked as I walked in.

“He’s outside. I won’t be long.” I said. I looked around briefly and noticed he already had some packed boxes. He was clearly in the middle of packing before Ash got here.

“Okay but I might be. I’m sorry you had to see that by the way.” He said. I just shrugged. It really wasn’t a big deal. In fact I was glad that he wasn’t with her anymore. “How did you know where I lived?” He asked.

“You showed us once. It’s not important.” I said.

“Well okay then. Why are you here?” He asked.

“I’m sure this moment may not be the perfect example, but are you sure about this?” I asked. He looked really confused.

“About what?” He asked.

“You leaving your entire life just to tutor me. I mean what about your brother and parents?” I asked.

“We’re all grown-ups Penina. It’s going to be okay.” He answered.

“What about the school? I know you really like it. Especially some of the people there.” I began.

“Penina…” He began.

“You don’t even know a thing about your new flat. Actually, do you even have your new flat? What if you hate it and have to leave?” I started ranting but he stood up, took me by the shoulders and looked directly at me.

“Do you want to sum this up in one question?” He asked. Sometimes asking one massive question is better than asking tonnes of little ones.

“Why are you so alright with moving to LA with me?” I asked. I sighed.

“Because I want to. I don’t have as much going on here as you think I do and if I had to tutor only one student it would have to be you because you’re the most hardworking I know. Jensen and I spoke on the phone yesterday while you were sleeping and he told me about a flat that’s really nearby where you’re going to live, he’s friends with the landlord so the rent is very affordable and he’s going to be paying me very well. Sure I’m going to miss some things here but honestly I’m really looking forward to it. Does that make you feel better?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” I answered honestly.

“Alright. Well you know where I work and live. I wouldn’t be surprised if you know my bank account details to be honest.” He joked, making me giggle. “How about you and Jensen come over on Saturday and we can all work through this and iron out the kinks. I promise that I’ll arrange it with him and I also promise that everything will be okay.” He said. I nodded my head and gave him a hug.

“Thank you. I’ll see you on Saturday.” I said. I then let go of the embrace, gave him a quick wave and walked back to the car. I sat down and closed my eyes very briefly thinking that if I wished hard enough none of this was happening. Don’t get me wrong, most of this is fantastic, but it’s just so hard. It’s hard for me to believe that Cooper would actually want to travel across the Atlantic with me because it’s his best option. I feel as though it’s a very cruel and elaborate joke. Of course I was still in Jensen’s car when my eyes opened.

“Are you alright?” He asked. I just nodded my head.

“Fine.” I answered meekly. We drove back to the hotel with only the radio scaring the silence away. I was too tired to talk anyway. Jensen must’ve felt the same because as soon as we got in he said goodnight to me and no more than 5 minutes later I heard heavy breathing coming from his room letting me know that he was asleep. No matter how tired I was, I couldn’t get to sleep. I changed into my pyjamas and sat on the sofa in the suite. I just stared at nothing for ages. I managed to get to sleep at around 4 in the morning which is around 6 hours after we got back to the hotel. When I woke up I discovered I fell asleep on the sofa and Jensen was awake. He was talking on the phone, so I closed my eyes trying to listen in on the conversation.

“Yeah man, she’s awesome. I think she’s just in a bit of shock. She’s a lot smarter than she takes credit for… yeah maybe. I don’t think they would though… actually she’s sleeping at the moment. I don’t know I think something happened after she went to that house… we’re coming back on Sunday… yeah I’ll ask her. Speak soon. Bye Jared.” He said before hanging up. I kept my eyes closed for the next few minutes to keep up appearances, then I let out a loud yawn to let him know I was awake. He then sat down on one of the armchairs.

“Hi.” I greeted him groggily.

“Good afternoon sleeping beauty.” He joked. I rubbed my eyes.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Half past one. Why did you sleep here last night?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I couldn’t go to sleep so I decided to just come out here for a bit.” I answered. He nodded his head. “I’m gonna go shower.” I told him. I brought some clothes to the bathroom and then took a shower. Once I got out and brushed my hair I noticed that the orange streak was fading. I wanted a new colour anyway so it didn’t really faze me. I put my wet hair up in a ponytail and left the bathroom, then I sat on the couch again.

“Do you wanna do anything today?” Jensen asked.

“Not really. I’m still kind of jaded.” I answered.

“Fair enough. Are you feeling okay?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Fine. Why?” I asked.

“You just seem a bit out of it. For anyone. You also look kind of pale. You’re not…” He began, but clearly didn’t know how to continue.

“I’m not what?” I asked.

“Was that house last night a crack house? Listen, I’m not judging or anything, but we can get you all the help you need…” He began.

“I don’t need help. I’m not on drugs.” I answered feeling slightly offended. I know I’ve been acting weird, but this whole situation is weird and scary for me.

“I was just checking. I really do care about you.” He said. I sighed.

“I know. But I don’t have any addictions.” I told him. He nodded content with my answer.

“I’m sorry. It’s just you’ve seemed kind of distant since you said you wanted to go there.” He told me.

“It’s Cooper’s house. I just wanted to make sure he actually thought going to LA would be good for him.” I told him. He nodded his head. “He said he was going to talk to you about seeing him on Saturday to talk about it with all of us together.” I let him know.

“How did you know where he lived? Aren’t there rules against that?” He asked. I shrugged.

“It’s a long story. There have been no rules broken if that’s what you’re wondering.” I told him.

“Penina, are you sure about LA? I mean, I want you to go so much but more than that I want you to be happy.” He said. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. I just want to talk about it with you and Cooper on Saturday for more details. That’s all.” I answered.

“You know whatever’s bothering you will get better. I promise.” He said. I nodded my head and went over to the armchair he was sitting on and squeezed next to him to give him a cuddle. He gladly accepted and wrapped his arms around me. “You know that your hair’s wet, right?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“I like it when it dries naturally. Hairdryers annoy me.” I answered. He giggled and gave me another squeeze. I can’t wait to see Cooper on Saturday. He always manages to cheer me up no matter what.

Hozzie (and anybody else who may possibly be reading this), I am so sorry I haven't updated in ages. I've been going through so much. Hozzie, I am about to send you a massive FB message but you're probably sleeping - whether you even have wifi right now I have no clue. I am aware you are in good ol' Scotland. But I hope you enjoyed this. It is currently 02:06 as I'm writing this and because my sleeping pattern has been flushed down the toilet I am not tired and after I message you I will probably continue with either this or Twinchesters. Anyway, again, I hope you liked this. I'll update as soon as I can. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story