Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Can't Bow Down

by midorigirl 0 reviews

An alternate ending to episodes 46 & 47 and a minor exploration of how things might work in the Hyuuga household. (Originally written 06/2004)

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Hinata, Neji - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-10 - 526 words - Complete

2Insightful
He was coming. Eyes shift left. He had that Killer's Intent. Eyes shift right. Killer's Intent that would have constricted his pupils to pinpoints, if he had them. Eyes shift forward and take a step back. Death would be too easy an escape for her at this point in time. Eyes shift up to plea with the onlookers. Killer's Intent for a member of the "Main House" whom he was obviously superior to, but who wouldn't back down. Eyes shift back to stare into his. Choking rushed breath and that horrible taste of bile mixed with blood staining her mouth. Eyes widen briefly, before snapping completely wide in horrid realization.

He was still coming. Mouth opens in strangled cry, giving voice to her disgust at using this last resort. He roars back, probably not in answer, his hand cocked behind him to deliver the killing blow. Eyes remain open, like the dead, as hands snap to form seals in front of her. Open dead eyes stare back into his own, which fear has just spilled into like blood from a freshly made wound. Hands form more seals, rapidly, faster then she can see with her normal eyes. His roar becomes more one of scream for mercy yet he still charges her. Mouth quivers in her only available apology to him. The senseis won't make it in time for either of them.

He is coming, reckless now in his intent. Her hands form the final seal, and automatically fly up to cast position. The only thing she did master. Mastered out of fear, pure fear for her life. Death would be too easy an escape, but it wouldn't be at the hands of her cousin. She was sorry for that. Eyes widen before narrowing, and voice shouts, much stronger then she ever thought her own could be. Shouts the word, right as his voice joins her in sorrow. He utters one last scream of frustration, because she won't back down, because she can't, before it bleeds into one of pure pain.

He is no longer coming. Her hands stay fixed in position, drawing out his pain longer then she would have liked, if she weren't so horrified with herself. Too long ridiculed, mocked, scorned and molded to be just a figure head behind the scenes. Too long to continue sitting passively back and watching the world go by. Too cowardly to fight and too cowardly to die. He writhes in front of her, as Kurenai-sensei looks on in horror at her precious student, still holding her position. It isn't until one particularly pained screech makes its way to her ears, jolting her, ripping a sob from her that she drops her hands. Both of them gasping in unison, he on the ground, she barely standing.

Neither one of them is moving, although she is falling. She's such a coward, such an object of her own hatred. Master of a technique, made to keep the branch house in line. The cowards way of proving to him that for all the same reasons he beat on her, trying to prove his superiority, she couldn't just bow down to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story