Categories > Original > Romance > Hot for Teacher

First Day at Mclay

by Miami 0 reviews

Clover sees her school for the first time.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-07-14 - 1790 words

0Unrated
Rose dropped both of her girls off at their new school, Maclay School. As the girls exited the car, both of their mouths dropped open. The school looked more like prestigious Ivy League college than a pre-kindergarten through senior class school. The main building was for the “upper classes” which in California, Clover’s home state, would be the equivalent of high school. It was 2 stories high with French windows that actually opened to let in fresh air. The colors were traditional creams and browns, but they were still vibrant and beautiful. To the right was another, smaller two story building which looked to be the “middle school,” and to the left of the main building was the smallest 2 story building which meant it must have been the “elementary school.” The buildings weren’t close together at all; they were hundreds of feet away from each other and it the direct center of all three was a triangular “quad” type area filled with what looked to be the oldest students on campus; the seniors, Clover assumed. Near the quad was a small wooden building whose sign read “Senior Shack” so it must’ve been where the seniors ate and hung out. A small light went off in Clover’s head, and for a moment she felt that she wanted be one of those seniors one day, in that very school. This is the place she wanted to stay.

Clover and Tashleigh looked at each other with slight smiles splayed across their lips. Before either of them got the chance to speak, Tashleigh walked toward the middle school building, leaving Clover behind. Before her sister walked out of ear shot, Clover called after her.

“Tash,” Tashleigh looked back at her with a questioning glance, “hakuna matata!”

Tashleigh smiled at Clover and responded, “Thanks, Clo. I love you!” She then turned back around and continued on toward her building.

Clover took a deep breath and began walking to the main building. On her way she checked time on her phone. She still had about 20 minutes to find her locker, get her books, and find her homeroom class. She felt she might not make it in time, but she had high hopes she wouldn’t be too late to class if she did get lost. She walked up the steps and through the front door and immediately saw that the place was nearly empty. Everyone else must either be on their way to school, or somewhere else on campus already just waiting for a warning bell to ring. She didn’t mind it, it just meant that she didn’t have to deal with people in her way while she was looking for her locker. She pulled out a small slip of paper given to her by the Dean the week before that had her locker number and combination on it and also her class schedule.

Locker number 836, first floor. Clover remembered that the Dean told her the upperclassmen were on the top floor and the lowerclassmen were on the bottom. The same rule generally applied to classes also. Higher level classes were on the top floor with the only exceptions being the sciences (biology, chemistry, physics, psychology, and physiology) which were placed on floors alphabetically, therefore biology and chemistry were on the bottom floor and the rest were on the top floor. She also remembered that locker placement was based on level of education, so freshmen and juniors had lockers on the west side of the building with respect to floor level and sophomores and seniors were on the east side of the building with the same respects. Clover turned to the right and watched as the locker numbers increased on the right and decreased on the left as she walked down the hallway. Assuming the lockers were evenly distributed, her locker should be somewhere in the middle on the left-hand side. Surely enough she was right, and to her surprise, someone was standing in front of it.

“Umm, excuse me,” she quietly squeaked out. “You’re in front of my locker, sir.” The tall, young, blonde boy turned around with a huge smile, revealing another shorter, young, brunette boy behind him.

“You must be the new girl!” the brunette squealed. “Clover, right?” Clover just nodded. “I’m Devin Blanchard, and this is my boyfriend Bradley a.k.a. Brad. It’s so nice to meet you! And look, we’re locker neighbors!”

Clover was a bit taken aback by several things. First, he knew her name already. She assumed that meant he was in one of her classes, most likely her homeroom. Second, he was overly excited to meet her, like he expected them to be automatic best friends. That couldn’t be too bad, right? Every new student needs a fast friend to show them around, and every straight girl needed to gay best friend so it was a win-win situation. She hoped. She looked at Devin and examined the scene. His locker was open and it was directly to the right of hers. The locker to the left of hers was open as well, which she assumed was Brad’s locker. No one else was around so no one else could have opened it.

“Sorry,” Clover said softly as she stepped between them. “I don’t mean to get between you, I just need to grab my books. If you want to switch lockers with me so this doesn’t happen again?”

“Oh, no, honey don’t worry about that at all. You aren’t bothering us one bit.” Brad stated. “I can see my boo over your head so everything is perfectly fine.”

“Besides,” Devin started, “we like having another girl around to keep us from being attached at the hip.”

Clover smiled a bit as she checked the time again. 10 minutes until class. “Do one of you mind helping me find my homeroom? It’s room 116, Mr. Fields’ class.”

“I’ll take you!” Again, Clover felt Devin was a bit too happy to be there. But then again, to Clover, everyone that was vaguely happy was a bit too happy for her. “It’s my homeroom too. Though, I never really go that early to class.”

“I just want to find it before the mass of people flood the hallways and I get lost. This way, I’ll know which way to go, how far down it is, and I won’t get lost.”

Devin just nodded. Clover’s tone came out a tad rude and he didn’t want to say anything else that might upset her or set her off. Maybe she wasn’t a morning person like he was and he figured he’d just wait ‘til lunch to find out. Devin nodded in the direction they needed to walk and the two set off to their class. Brad waved goodbye to his boyfriend before walking outside to get a little fresh air before classes began.

Clover realized halfway down the hallway that she may have been a little rude to the boys and knew she had to apologize to at least one of them. “Look,” she started, “I’m really sorry about what I said; it came out a little wrong. I’ve just gone through a lot lately and it’s been a long time since I’ve been around anyone as happy as you. I didn’t know how to deal with it correctly.” Devin stopped them in the hallway with a concerning look on his face.

“Clover, why haven’t you been happy recently? What happened?”

“I don’t really feel like talking much about it right now. Long story short, my dad died a few months ago and it really tore our family apart. It’s why we moved, actually. We couldn’t stand living in a town where everywhere we looked something reminded us of how happy we used to be. So we packed up everything a month ago and moved here.”

“Where are you from?” Devin asked as he took Clover’s hand and began walking again.

“A small town called Fair Oaks in California. It’s within Sacramento County.”

“You lived in the state capitol of California? How cool is that?”

“It actually wasn’t that cool.” Clover stated as they walked into their classroom. “There wasn’t really much to do there for kids our age. Everyone either went to the river or the lake to just hang out during the summer and spring; and during the fall and winter people usually stayed indoors because it got pretty cold. That is, the normal people our age. The popular people had parties year round, all of which involved alcohol and marijuana and that just wasn’t my scene.” Clover explained a bit more of the “fun” activities to do if you were under the age of 21 and abided by the law while they sat down next to each other in a couple of desks. The teacher wasn’t in the classroom yet so Clover felt like she could open up a little bit.

“A beautiful girl like you wasn’t popular in California? Are you kidding me? Why not?”

“Well, I’m not into the whole drinking thing, I’m a straight A student, and I spent most of my free time at a studio.”

“Studio?”

“I’m a dancer. Back home I studied ballet, jazz, hip hop, acrobatics, contemporary, and ballroom at a dance studio by my house. I took so many classes there it was like a second home to me. I stopped going after my dad died because it was too painful to do performances without seeing him in the audience. Also, I just didn’t have the heart for it anymore… Sorry if I’m depressing you with my dead dad talk. I haven’t really talked to anyone about it since it happened.” Clover confessed. She didn’t know how Devin did it, but she felt comfortable enough with him to divulge all of this information so quickly. Besides, it was easier to talk to a stranger about emotions than with her own family because they get overly emotional too.

Just as Devin was about to respond, a familiar voice to him spoke from behind the two of them. “Oh, Devin, you’re never here this early. Is something wrong?”

“No, Mr. Fields. I was escorting our new student to class and getting to know her a little.” The mention of their teacher’s name startled Clover. His voice didn’t sound nearly old enough to be a teacher’s. Immediately, Clover turned around so she could put a face with the voice and the image she saw completely astounded her…
Sign up to rate and review this story