Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Pretty Little Parade

Blood

by piggletta 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2014-08-02 - 832 words - Complete

0Unrated
Blood


Aria fidgets with her engagement ring.
I take her right hand, making her look up. “Aria,” I say with an undertone of a laugh in my throat. “It’s gonna be fine.” I assure her. She’s been telling me the same thing all week. My routine check ups used to happen every month, then every three months, now it’s ever six months. Two years I’ve been cancer free, but she still freaks out every time. “We won’t even find out the results till tomorrow,” I remind her, “So if you’re gonna freak out, save it for then.” She scowls but she knows I’m right. I pick up a ‘peoples’ magazine from 2006. “You know,” I say, opening it up. “This office should really update their magazine selection.
She laughs a bit.
The oncologists office where I get my check-ups isn’t in the same place where I got my treatment. But my favorite nurse Maria has followed me here. (I knew she couldn't stay away from me.) Just kidding. But she did transfer here after getting engaged and having a baby. She needed less hours, since her husband is a surgeon at the hospital. So, the nurse who used to send me roses when she thought I needed to smile is still sticking me with needles. She encourages my complete cooperation, now that I’m engaged and she’s married, but she knows I don’t know how to control myself. And she loves me for it, honestly, which is a good thing cause I’ll be here for a while.
“Mr. Fitz?” Maria smiles, calling us to the little cubicle where they take my blood.
I take Aria’s hand and we follow Maria back.
I sit in my throne, aka the uncomfortable grey chair with an arm rest. I never liked giving blood in the first place, and you’d think after about three years I’d be used to it, but not really. She tightens up the super-annoying red band that sweezes my arm and flicks my vein. I wince as Aria and Maria chat and the slips the tiny little needle into my vein without a warning. But then as I catch Aria’s eye and smile. Because as much blood as the cancer took from me, it gave me Aria back, and that makes it all worth it.
So I’d give them gallons of the stuff if they wanted it.
The blood comes out fast and furious and Maria works hard to swith the vials fast enough. “Slow down there, Ezra.” She laughs. “Someone bring me a glass cause there’s gonna be a flood in here!”
“So Ezra,” Marie says, slipping the last vial on. “My husband wanted me to ask you if you’d come speak at the fundraiser we’re having at the hospital to raise money for cancer research.”
“Sure,” I reply without thinking.
“It’ll be awesome to have you, Pastor Ezra.” She winks.
I roll my eyes. “I’m not a pastor yet. I still have another two and a half years of schooling.”
“Close enough.” She says. “Anyways, I’ll email you the information so you can make sure you can find time for us in your crazing schedule.”
“Yeah, between teaching highschool English and going to night school and doing all of his little projects we barely have enough time to talk let alone plan a wedding.”
I smile. “Two more months till summer and I’m all yours.” I tell Aria, who smiles.
“And mine.” Maria winks. “That’s right around when the fundraiser is.”
“Will you be my date?” I ask Aria, as Maria pulls the needle from my vein.
“I’ll have to check my schedule,” She jokes.
“You know at the hospital you’re like a celebrated man amongst the gurneys. The doctors and the nurses adore you, and they tell everyone about how lucky you are to be alive. It gives the patients hope. You were nearly dead eight times that year, man. Made my day hard every shift.” She growls as she bandages up my arms.
“Luck had nothing to do with it,” I remind her. “It was hope and prayer.”
“Right.”
“Alright, Ezra, you’re good to go.” I hug Maria and so does Aria, and then the two of us head out to dinner. The blood loss makes me nearly fall over on Aria the rest of the walk to the car. “Ezra,” She laughs, “You’re a wreck, babe.”
“I know. But I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The end! Thank you for reading! I don't wanna write an epilogue or anything, just know that Ezra does stay cancer free, and he does marry Aria, and his relationship with his mom improves and Wesley is still his bestfriend and Hardy eventually forgives him :) Aka, it was a happy ending, as I believe the Black Parade ended up being too.
Sign up to rate and review this story