Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Reason to Live

Ghosts

by sailorchick321 0 reviews

Ten years after the second war ended, harry finds his reason to go on.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-10 - Updated: 2006-08-11 - 511 words

1Exciting
Just to get it out of the way now... I OWN NOTHING, and thank you JKR for letting me play with your toys


A Reason to Live

Harry Potter walked home to his apartment in downtown Atlanta. It was late and he had worked a double that day. As soon as he walked in the door he kicked his shoes off, pulled his shirt over his head letting it drop to the floor and locked the door behind him. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a beer out of the fridge before flopping down on the couch.

Harry sat in the silent darkness for awhile before reaching over to grab the photo album off of the coffee table. It was the same one Hagrid had given him so many years ago, although now it was much thicker as he had added to it over the years.

He opened to the first page to see his mum and dad dancing in the snow above a picture of the marauders clowning around outside the three broomsticks. Turning the pages was like watching the movie of his life. His parents and their friends when they were at school, then at their wedding, a very pregnant Lily, Sirius and Remus fawning over him as a baby, him and his dad asleep on the couch, cake smeared all over his face on his first birthday. From there the pictures jumped to when he had started school. Dozens of himself with Ron and Hermione, flying, studying, playing chess, swimming. There were a few of Sirius before he had died, one of Sirius and Remus together Then many of the 'golden trio' as they were called a school with Ginny. Then many of just him and Ginny. The last picture was of him holding Ginny, her arms around his neck and her legs wrapped around his waist.

As seemed to happen every time he looked at the damn thing, he slammed the album shut and threw his beer against the wall. Why he kept the thing he didn't know, but every time he had tried to get rid of it he just could bring himself too. Harry had long since cried his last tear, but the pain returned every night. After awhile he got up and went about sweeping of the bottle pieces and cleaning up the spilt beer.

On his way to the kitchen to discard the bottle shards he glanced at the clock, 1:47. Noting the time he walked to his room and changed clothes. Grabbing his keys and slipping his feet back into his shoes he walked out the door. If he was going to get any sleep tonight he need something stronger than beer.

Buck's closed at midnight through the week, but the guys always stayed late to play poker during the summer and he knew Jim would let him in. Losing a few hundred and getting pissed sounded like a good way to spend the night to him. Better by far than sitting in a dark apartment with the ghost of his past.
Sign up to rate and review this story