Categories > Original > Fantasy > Unsevered Ties

Prologue

by BlaznFangurl 1 review

Naki, a young Shashiva wolf finds himself the targeted prize of two very different pack leaders, one whom he shares a twisted past with. Forced to mate because of a prophecy, Naki must learn who an...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2014-09-13 - Updated: 2014-09-13 - 1132 words

0Unrated
Unsevered Ties
Prologue

The night was cold and rainy and the wheels of the lone carriage rolled over the soaked cobblestone in a rhythmic trail blending in with the soft patter of rain. The sky was a cloudy black, trials of wispy gray clouds lined the sky, unleashing the cold downpour upon the secluded little city. It was late at night, only a few people walked along the safety of overhanging roofs to avoid the dreary rain. She glanced out of the window, cerulean hair reflecting back off of the steamed glass. This was their new home, the place they would start fresh, the place where nothing could follow them, a place where her son could have a chance to live his own life.

She glanced to her right, soft eyes full of love looking upon the small bundle who was curled up beneath a blanket, tail tucked snugly around him as he slumbered peacefully, the lull of the vehicle putting him to sleep earlier in their trip. They had been traveling for a long time, the first part of their journey was long and tiring, leaving in secrecy was no easy feat. She stroked the silky, silver strands atop the small boy’s head. Everything would be fine now, they were safe, he was safe, and soon they would have a new family and a new life. She glanced up at the dark cast of a grandeur building, its frame standing high above anything in the city. It was a beautiful sight, but nothing that left her in awe, she’d had enough of such sights in her life. Soon, however, the building was disappearing and another was coming into view. It was a pale blue mostly, appearing a light gray in the dark, its build was big and impressive, and it spoke of royalty and stature. She smiled as it came fully into view… they were finally home.

Impatiently she threw open the doors herself just as the doors of the house opened and a tall, imposing figure stepped out, golden eyes and hair shining from the cast of light illuminating from inside the house. His eyes looked cold and distant, the healed scar stretching from chin to eye giving him in almost ominous look in the dark night. She knew different though, she knew what really lay behind those eyes that held such hardness. She paid little attention to the rain, stepping down from the carriage’s chambers to quickly run and embrace her love, paying no head to any splashes of water her feet kicked up.

The man embraced her, his large frame encompassing hers in a warmth in the cold night, his face impassive but his eyes and tone told a different story. “I did not want you to travel in the weather Layahla.”

She tilted her head back, pink lips set into a smile, eyes crinkling with mirth. “I know Phillius but Naki was beginning to get restless and I thought it best to travel while he slept. The journey has been hard on him and I wanted us to get to you as quickly as possible.” She stepped away from the arms of her lover and gently called to the carriage. “Naki sweetie, come to me, we are finally home.”

There was shuffling from within the carriage and a small head peeked its way around the door, small ears twitching atop a shining head as stray rain drops feel upon them. The head quickly disappeared and remerged, attached to a little body covered by a blanket. “Mwommy iwts wet!” The small child gingerly climbed to the step before taking what was a big leap to him down to the ground, quickly running to the safety of the covered porch.

She opened her arms to him, embracing the small child in her arms as she crouched down to meet him. “Naki, say hello to Phillius, you remember him don’t you?”

“Hwello,” he meekly answered in return before snuggling into his mother.

“Ah yes Naki… Well please dearest come inside, I won’t have you catching a cold. Naki you come along as well and mind your mother.” His big hands and broad shoulders pushed open the large doubles doors revealing a warm glow and littering blues, gold, and white. Inside two young boys waited, one was a bit older, tall for his age with a dark blue ponytail, the other was obviously younger with hair and eyes that matched his fathers. The younger held onto his brother’s clothing, wearily looking back at the two who had just entered.

“Layahla you remember my boys, Rafeo and Aiden, boys greet Lady Layahla properly.”

“Hello Lady Layahla,” the younger one said shyly with a dip of his sun kissed head.

“Good evening My Lady,” the other said with a curt bow.

“Boys this is Naki, Lady Layahla’s son. I expect you all to get along well, he is soon to be your new step brother after all.” The man’s tone was stern as he spoke to the boys while moving towards his lover.

“Hello Naki,” Rafeo offered, a smile touching his face as he extended his arm to the younger over, his blue locks trailing over his shoulder as he leaned down the take the other’s hand. “You must be sleepy, come with me and Aiden and I will get you settled in.”

Layahla curtsied to the boys, “Hello again boys, please don’t worry about calling me mother until you ever feel comfortable. Naki, go along and I’ll be in to kiss you good night in a moment.”

Naki followed behind other boys, disappearing down the hall with the two he’d only just met. When he entered the room however, he jumped as the door slammed behind him and he turned to see Rafeo giving him a less than pleased look.

“Listen up runt, this is our home and if you try to take over with your cute looks we will make your life a living hell you got it?”

Naki’s eyes widened, confusion seeping into them as the other leaned against the window giving him an equally nasty look. “I think he’s too stupid to understand brother.”

“Well he better start to comprehend,” Rafeo said with one more hard look back before he and his brother began to leave the room, “or he won’t last here long.”

Naki stood alone in the big room with was unfamiliar and cold to him. His head bent, ears plastered to his head as tears swelled to the corner of his eyes. He glanced out the window at the storm outside, “Stuwpid gwuys,” he said with a small sob, “twis isn’t mwy hwome… I don’t wanna bwe hwere nweither.”
Sign up to rate and review this story