Categories > Anime/Manga > Viewfinder

Adjustments

by ingenius 4 reviews

prequel to 'Squishy'

Category: Viewfinder - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Asami, Takaba - Published: 2005-06-15 - Updated: 2005-06-15 - 415 words - Complete

5Funny


Takaba wakes up in the morning and rolls off the side of the bed because the wall that used to be on that side isn't there anymore. He mutters darkly under his breath, stands up and walks to the shower, rubbing at his sore shoulder.

He gets shampoo in his eyes while trying to adjust the water, because the taps are different- lower than he's used to.

In the kitchen, Asami is making breakfast. Takaba tries to sneak past and out of the apartment, but alert as always, Asami stops him.

"Eat your breakfast, Takaba." He orders, setting a plate of western food in front of Takaba.

He wrinkles his nose at the bacon and eggs...and was that cheese melting in there? Damnit, this was too much to handle first thing in the morning- too much to handle at any time of the day actually. Asami probably had no idea that Takaba's stomach curled in itself and whimpered at the sight of all that food swimming in grease.

It doesn't help that it takes him longer to get to work now, and that he has to catch the rush- hour trains. It doesn't help his mood, or his opinion of Asami.

But it's when he's working overnight trying to finish a report, sitting at Asami's dining table, because the man doesn't own a low table, where he falls asleep and consequently out of the uncomfortable dining chair, that Takaba decides he's had enough.

"I hate your apartment." Takaba announced, standing dangerously over a sleepily languid Asami. "I HATE it. Couldn't you at least have a decent table? Or a rice cooker? God forbid, a Play Station?"

Asami blinked, rather unimpressed by Takaba's rage. "Is that all?"

Takaba snarled, "No, that's not all. I hate your TV, I hate the food you force me to eat. I hate the security guard down stairs, I hate the shampoo you have and I hate sleeping on the right side of the bed because I fall out every damn morning."

"Why didn't you say so?"

"I-what-?." Takaba stammered, confused, until Asami pulled him down and kissed him, hot and alive under Takaba, who greedily pressed closer.

"You're cold." Asami mumbled against Takaba's cheek.

Takaba wiggled a little, the need to break every bit of furniture in Asami's apartment dissipating quickly. "So stop hogging the quilt."

Asami smirked, and pulled Takaba under.

"I still hate this place." Takaba managed to growl between kisses.

"We'll fix it later." Asami promised.
Sign up to rate and review this story